Approved Central Westerlands megabuild (Tarbeck Hall, Sarsfield, Oxcross, Hornvale) by lemonbear

lemonbear

Nymeria
Staff member
Pronouns
she/her
I got some juicy new minis (and plots available) in Hornvale!

Current available minis:

/warp sffarm4 - A farm complex that raises sheep, has a sheepfold, and uses the pastures on the opposite side of the road. They also take their herds to some of the high mountain pastures for grazing (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpine_transhumance).

/warp sflogging - A logging camp with accompanying lumber mill. The camp is located right at the edge of a pretty big forest, and they sell wood and logs in the nearby communities and to the septry.

/warp sfseptry - A septry built by the Tarbecks during their prime. This one is in much better repair than the septry on the border with Drox because Sarsfield aided the Lannisters against the revolt. Primarily houses septons, but there are a few septas (including silent sisters for tending the dead). The septry has a large garden with medicinal herbs and functions as a hospital.

/warp hvlogging - A logging camp with accompanying lumber mill. They practice selective logging and supply lumber throughout Hornvale lands. The camp should have permanent (or at least long term) structures/buildings rather than tents.

/warp hvfarm1 - A farm complex that produces a lot of agriculture. Primarily wheat, barley, and oats, but they also have other smaller crops.

/warp hvfarm2 - A flax farm. You have the freedom to plan that side of the river if you want.

/warp hvfarm3 - A farm complex that primarily produces wool, but also does some general agriculture.

**NEW** /warp hvfarm5 - A farm complex that raises cattle for dairy, meat, etc. They sell leather to the tannery at the easternmost part of the valley.

/warp hvham1 - A farming hamlet. 6-7 houses.

/warp hvham2 - A herding hamlet near a waterfall.

/warp hvhf2 - A small holdfast similar to the guard complex in Sarsfield.

/warp hvhunter - A hunters' camp. 2-3 tents, and an area for equipment and processing caught animals.

/warp hvmine - A gold mine.

Last edited:

lemonbear

Nymeria
Staff member
Pronouns
she/her
New plots, special builds, and minis available at Hornvale!

Current available minis:

/warp sflogging - A logging camp with accompanying lumber mill. The camp is located right at the edge of a pretty big forest, and they sell wood and logs in the nearby communities and to the septry.

/warp sfseptry - A septry built by the Tarbecks during their prime. This one is in much better repair than the septry on the border with Drox because Sarsfield aided the Lannisters against the revolt. Primarily houses septons, but there are a few septas (including silent sisters for tending the dead). The septry has a large garden with medicinal herbs and functions as a hospital.

/warp hvlogging - A logging camp with accompanying lumber mill. They practice selective logging and supply lumber throughout Hornvale lands. The camp should have permanent (or at least long term) structures/buildings rather than tents.

/warp hvfarm1 - A farm complex that produces a lot of agriculture. Primarily wheat, barley, and oats, but they also have other smaller crops.

/warp hvfarm2 - A flax farm. You have the freedom to plan that side of the river if you want.

/warp hvfarm3 - A farm complex that primarily produces wool, but also does some general agriculture.

/warp hvfarm5 - A farm complex that raises cattle for dairy, meat, etc. They sell leather to the tannery at the easternmost part of the valley.

/warp hvham1 - A farming hamlet. 6-7 houses.

/warp hvham2 - A herding hamlet near a waterfall.

/warp hvhunter - A hunters' camp. 2-3 tents, and an area for equipment and processing caught animals.

/warp hvmine - A gold mine.

**NEW** /warp hvquarry - A limestone quarry. Include work buildings.

**NEW** /warp hvseptry2 - A silent sister complex. Include gardens, residence, etc. It might be cool to have some of the buildings built into the mountainside.

Last edited:

lemonbear

Nymeria
Staff member
Pronouns
she/her
Also, question open to anyone: Is there a reason why the landed knights at /warp thlandedknight and /warp sflandedknight couldn't be House Hetherspoon and House Ruttiger? It makes a bit of sense that the Lannisters would assign sections of Tarbeck lands to knightly houses loyal to them.

Thoughts? It would also free up more room for Algood in the Lannisport sprawl when that time comes.

EStoop

Knight of Fairmarket
I think it doesn't really matter. They could be Hetherspoon and Ruttiger, but they could also be unnamed knightly houses or even lords.
The area around Lannisport would be closely associated with the city regardless of the names of the projects, and I'd expect holdings around Lannisport similar to how they are planned for Oldtown. The current setup doesn't really clash with anything so I think changing it would not be neccesary.

lemonbear

Nymeria
Staff member
Pronouns
she/her

Hey Lem, hope these screenshots are alright. Testing it at /warp Walrusbehindyou if you want to look at it in person too. :)
Hi Walrus,

This is a good start, but I have some feedback.
  • Overall, you could use the space a bit better. Try to make use of the space by the river (for stuff like laundry), as well as some of the lower hilly section around the hamlet.
  • Your yard shapes are a bit messy at the moment. If you need help figuring out how to fix it, feel free to ask me in-game.
  • I'm not a fan of the particular tree in the center of the village. I'm not sure I'm gonna have trees as chunky as that one in the Hornvale forest, and there aren't trees that large in the open space outside of the valley.
However, we can work on this stuff together in-game. I approve the hamlet! Now you just need another mod's approval.

WalrusBehindYou

Playwright
Pronouns
he/him
Hi Lem,

Alrighty nice, I'll fix the tree next time I'm on and work on adding some of the detailing around the river and hills. But yeah I may need some help with the yards lmao.

Also one more thing just to make sure, would I paste the hamlet in game or is that done later?

Reactions: Die Wursttheke

lemonbear

Nymeria
Staff member
Pronouns
she/her
I've done some work on smoothing the surrounding terra since you started on your app, so I'd personally prefer it not be fully pasted in.