Approved Central Westerlands megabuild (Tarbeck Hall, Sarsfield, Oxcross, Hornvale) by lemonbear

lemonbear

Nymeria
Staff member
Pronouns
she/her
IMajic : Looks pretty goodI I left some feedback melons above your test. I'll approve once you take care of my feedback. As of right now, the house palette will be the same as at Tarbeck and Sarsfield.

Reactions: IMajic

IMajic

Royal Messenger
I Have taken a look back at your melons, which are justified and I agree with them, thank you.

changes adjusted by the melons.

2021-09-21_00.39.22.png
- Changed the roof to be more similar to the other tower roofs found in the area.

2021-09-20_23.34.10.png
- changed the palette to use the same palette as Sarsfeild/Tarbeck as requested. I Kind of winged the palette using the to blocks to blend with the vivid stone, so fair enough it was a bit of playing with the palette on my half.

2021-09-20_23.34.20.png
- changed this back tower so it wasn't using the daub blocks. Also changed the back facade as I thought the stairs looked better after checking out Tarbeck castle.

2021-09-20_23.44.59.png
-moved this shed away from the cliff edge - like you said due to erosion.

2021-09-20_23.34.42.png
- changed the windmill to a donkey mill, I guess it would be more fitting if their are no wheat fields nearby. general use for the village.

2021-09-20_23.34.53.png2021-09-20_23.34.59.png
- moved the 1 house closer to the village area, and removed the other one as you didn't like the placement of the 2 plots. my idea was that these houses are for the farmers who work below the mountain in the [orchard?] below

2021-09-20_23.35.10.png
- changed the sept so it is a generally accepted circular shape i had it before. It will include a mini lynchyard around it.

2021-09-20_23.35.19.png
-changed the idea of small vegetable carts to a traveling merchant who has stopped off to rest, as the idea you gave will work better.

Overall update to the area has been done.

I will finish off the Sept interior, Holdfast interior, general vegetation, cleaning up of any terrain, adding more schems and the lynchyard around the sept.

The houses and yards and special plots will be open for builders/nbuilders to complete once you are satisfied with the changes.

thanks
maj

Attachments

• 2021-09-20_23.34.28.png
    2021-09-20_23.34.28.png
    824.5 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

lemonbear

Nymeria
Staff member
Pronouns
she/her
Just added several new minis in Hornvale lands!

Current available minis:

/warp sffarm4 - A farm complex that raises sheep, has a sheepfold, and uses the pastures on the opposite side of the road. They also take their herds to some of the high mountain pastures for grazing (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpine_transhumance). StanateeManatee: Are you still interested? I left notes in my reply to your app.

/warp sfquarry - The quarry from the original Sarsfield project. The quarry/mines themselves need serious updates, and auxiliary buildings (including storage, a smelter, and anything else) need to be added.

/warp sfseptry - A septry built by the Tarbecks during their prime. This one is in much better repair than the septry on the border with Drox because Sarsfield aided the Lannisters against the revolt. Primarily houses septons, but there are a few septas (including silent sisters for tending the dead). The septry has a large garden with medicinal herbs and functions as a hospital.

/warp sflogging - A logging camp with accompanying lumber mill. The camp is located right at the edge of a pretty big forest, and they sell wood and logs in the nearby communities and to the septry.

/warp hvlogging - A logging camp with accompanying lumber mill. They practice selective logging and supply lumber throughout Hornvale lands. The camp should have permanent (or at least long term) structures/buildings rather than tents.

**NEW** /warp hvgate2 - A gatehouse guarding the southern entrance into Brax lands from the Gold Road. Style should be similar (not necessarily identical) to hvgate.

**NEW** /warp hvfarm1 - A farm complex that produces a lot of agriculture. Primarily wheat, barley, and oats, but they also have other smaller crops.

**NEW** /warp hvfarm2 - A flax farm.

Reactions: Azulejo

Horsthausen

Bard
Hi Horsthausen! Glad to see you're applying!

I seem to be having an issue getting the image or imgur album to load. Can you try to reupload the file?
Hey Lem,

I have been trying to work out a way to post these images for almost an hour but it wouldn't work probably because of my wifi connection. The test is on my test plot at /warp Horsthausen though, I hope that's not an issue.

EDIT: Maybe it works with this link:

Last edited:

lemonbear

Nymeria
Staff member
Pronouns
she/her
Jakethesnake8_8 : Overall, the tests look good, but I have a few notes. The lichyard-type stuff should be limited to the crypts or at most just around the entrance to the crypts. The rest of the gardens should be pretty decorative. For the sept itself, I'd replace the confessional and reliquary (?) area with more shrines for candles.

Horsthausen : This is a good start, but it needs work. I'd like the gatehouse to fill up more of the space without walls on the sides. Take a look at /warp hvgate to see how Vinnie make the gatehouse feel sturdy and defensible.

Horsthausen

Bard
Hey Lem, it's been a while since you reacted to my gatehouse, so I'm going to bump. Also, I have been working a little bit on the details. It can be seen on my test plot at /warp Horsthausen.

lemonbear

Nymeria
Staff member
Pronouns
she/her
Hey Lem,

I worked on my gatehouse and essentially just made it bigger and sturdier trying to fill up the space on the sides. The details are not final yet, it's just about the shape for now. I'm looking forward to your feedback!

Hi Horsthausen,

It's definitely better, but I'm still not the biggest fan of how it just looks like a little gate between two towers. Also, the styling is very different from the gate at /warp hvgate, which kinda makes them feel like they belong to two separate projects.

JJLyric

Playwright
Pronouns
he/him
Hey lem! I have had these livestock and crops patches in the back of my to do list for some time now to find out you've done them for me Thanks!. I guess its in for post approval? :p

Nikas Kunitz

Herald
Made the test for the Hornvale sept. Need feedback particularly for details, like the garden. I made three hawthorn bush-trees in accordance with treetest guide, as main decoration of the garden. Few gravemarks also stand in the garden, as well some "personal" small crypts cut into the cliff, alongside the entrance to the main crypt, which will be done at the place.
Also, I propose having a holy spring behind the sept, which turns into a small waterfall and brook running downways to river, parallel to the main road. I marked the rough course with blue glass, the terrain needs some adjustment if brook will be approved. But I guess it would look very picturesque, as a small waterfall - an lively element in the general panorama of the town.

Attachments

• 2021-11-29_03.12.25.png
    2021-11-29_03.12.25.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 47
  • 2021-11-29_03.18.17.png
    2021-11-29_03.18.17.png
    789.5 KB · Views: 47
  • 2021-11-29_03.18.33.png
    2021-11-29_03.18.33.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 44
  • 2021-11-29_03.18.44.png
    2021-11-29_03.18.44.png