Approved Central Westerlands megabuild (Tarbeck Hall, Sarsfield, Oxcross, Hornvale) by lemonbear

lemonbear

Nymeria
Staff member
Pronouns
she/her
Hey, all!

It seems there might be some confusion. I already approved @phondi's thhf1 app a few pages back, and he got mod approval. If he ends up not going through with it, I'll open it up to future apps. Otherwise, there will be more holdfasts available further down the line as more of the area gets prepared.

On that note, if anyone comfortable with WE/voxel wants to help me fix up the mountains/valleys, let me know! It'll make my life easier and make things go faster if I have someone helping out with such a large area.

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
Lemon, if someone can do the river and waterfall at Norrey, I can help with mountain WE. Examples of my most current work is the valley at warp norreyvillage. Some of it utilises the Worldpainter terrain. That should be a good display of my competency with WE/Voxel

lemonbear

Nymeria
Staff member
Pronouns
she/her
After having the chance to look through all the thseptry apps, I've decided to approve Alex, Zsomi, and Antony's septry.

To everyone else who made tests for it, there will be two more septries (one closer to Sarsfield and one by Hornvale) that will be available further down the line. Feel free to apply again when those are posted!

lemonbear

Nymeria
Staff member
Pronouns
she/her
I'm opening House Sarsfield for apps! If you're interested in building the Sarsfield castle, please let me know either here or in-game. The usual tests and plans are required, and you should either be comfortable doing your own WE or have a clear terra vision that I can execute. The castle's location is flexible, but it should generally be around the mountain range indicated in the plans in my app.

lemonbear

Nymeria
Staff member
Pronouns
she/her
@epke: So, what I meant was you were free to start plotting in game once you get mod approval. I would then take a look at the plotting and either give you the go-ahead or tell you to revise.

As a whole, the plotting doesn't seem super thought out, and there are too many even-width houses. Are the houses built around a central area? The houses (based on your tests) should generally have doors on their long sides rather than the shorter ones, but your plotting makes it look like you're intending for most of them to have doors on the short sides?

You need to think a bit more about what type of community there is in the hamlet that would influence its layout. Take a look at the layouts of the hamlets at Hawthorne to get an idea of how they work in their space.

zanji

Herald

update

lemonbear

Nymeria
Staff member
Pronouns
she/her
Updated list of things available for apps:

/warp thruin1 - An old Tarbeck holdfast that has been ruined since the Tarbecks' fall (~40 yrs ago). It is located by a stream, and it was originally next to a path that led from Castamere to the Tarbeck lands.

/warp thhamlet2 - Hamlet located between two farm complexes and by several streams. Residents largely work in the nearby orchard and poppy fields.

/warp thfarm1 - Farm complex with an orchard that has pitted fruit trees, which include peaches, apricots, and plums.

/warp thhamlet3 - Abandoned/ruined mining hamlet that was destroyed 40 years ago during the Tarbeck/Reyne rebellion. There are overgrown or closed mines in the mountains behind it and two abandoned quarries nearby. One of the quarries (location indicated in-game) is flooded.

Sarsfield castle (near /warp sarsfield) - The original inspiration for the castle is San Marino. I love San Marino, so it'd be great if you keep that inspiration, but I'd be happy if you just keep it to the same mountain range indicated in the app.

I also have a few ruined/not ruined watchtowers that are free to build if you want. No app required, but I'd like it if you asked me first before building.

And also, /warp thtown is *~open for building~* again! If you want to build any of the remaining special builds or courtyard/communal garden/laundry/etc. areas, please let me know! It's easiest to reach me in a PM.

Last edited:

lemonbear

Nymeria
Staff member
Pronouns
she/her
@epke: The plotting still needs work, and I said to remove even-wide houses, not diagonals. I can help you plot in game once you're approved by a mod.

Pixeld_

Poet
I'd like to apply for thfarm1.

You can find my tests below this post. The complex consists of a storage builing (south), the living area (east), stables and a workers house (north).
Test is at /warp pix

Reactions: Antony

lemonbear

Nymeria
Staff member
Pronouns
she/her
I'm adding some of the minis in the Sarsfield lands to the app list!

Updated list of things available for apps:

/warp thruin1 - An old Tarbeck holdfast that has been ruined since the Tarbecks' fall (~40 yrs ago). It is located by a stream, and it was originally next to a path that led from Castamere to the Tarbeck lands.

/warp thhamlet3 - Abandoned/ruined mining hamlet that was destroyed 40 years ago during the Tarbeck/Reyne rebellion. There are overgrown or closed mines in the mountains behind it and two abandoned quarries nearby. One of the quarries (location indicated in-game) is flooded.

Sarsfield castle (near /warp sarsfield) - The original inspiration for the castle is San Marino. I love San Marino, so it'd be great if you keep that inspiration, but I'd be happy if you just keep it to the same mountain range indicated in the app.

/warp sffarm1 - A farm complex that does general agriculture.

/warp sffarm2 - A winery near the main Sarsfield town.

/warp sfquarry - The quarry from the original Sarsfield project. The quarry/mines themselves need serious updates, and auxiliary buildings (including storage, a smelter, and anything else) need to be added.

/warp sfseptry - Another septry built by the Tarbecks during their prime. This one is in much better repair than the septry on the border with Drox because Sarsfield aided the Lannisters against the revolt. Primarily houses septons, but there are a few septas. The septry has a large garden with medicinal herbs and functions as a hospital.

Building is also *~open~* at /warp sfvillage. The style is the same as at /warp thtown. If no profession is specified, the residents are farmers.

I also have a few ruined/not ruined watchtowers that are free to build if you want. No app required, but I'd like it if you asked me first before building.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zso and Antony