Westeroscraft Texture Pack Megathread

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
I had to watch a boring seminar all day so I spent the time emo'ing out and drawing skulls.

1605684540560.png
1605684610796.png
1605684656238.png
1605684680504.png

I tried to match the colors to our existing skeleton head block.
I might've gone to dark on the shadows between the bones, but then again it's not like these are going to be used in daylight areas and should really just be lit by candlelight.

1605684803283.png

Currently the bones and bones + skulls blocks are randomly mixed in together, but they could be split into separate blocks for more tailored boning.

EStoop

Knight of Fairmarket
Why stop at walls of bones when the possibilities are endless?
800px-Interi%C3%A9r_kostnice_v_Sedlci%2C_Kutn%C3%A1_Hora.JPG
800px-Kostnice_Sedlec.JPG

Kostnice03.jpg

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
Okay I’m now putting this all together in one spot.

BTW texture requests

-using mega_taiga as a taiga reskin but with variants of many blocks. Coinage can sometimes contain amber, dagger block are more like the stone weapons, the sword stuck into the ground is a spear, helmets are leather or bronze etc. currently we have too much steel btw from these blocks.
-snow topped thatch stair. Means we don’t have to have a full wooden ph lock ceiling and can streamline BTW structures. Just a reskin of Mance’s Tent stair.
-Biome specific CTM for fish. Elduwin suggested it but if there could be hanging seals, particularly large cod, pike etc that would look very cool. Also if some fish were already gutted and drying it might help with the look of torrfisk structures.

Scubooty

Bookbinder
I discussed along with Emot and Aeks in game today about getting a possible overlay for the GRASSY SAND block so that it can be used outside of basic Plains biomes. Currently it does not change depending on biome so that is what I am requesting. Included is an image displaying the differences. The main issue is that the sand hue and grass cannot be changed separately without creating a new block (judging by how many biomes there are that is just not rational). However, it is possible that we may be able to make the change with the CTM of the block.
I included an image for you visual learners like myself.
<3 Scub
2020-11-19_23.38.37.png

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Pretty quickly realised that those first catacomb bones only work when they're all lined up and there should be a top down view as well, so I reworked them a bit.

1605943659667.png

Ideally this block would work like the firewood/barrel blocks, where you can place it in different directions. Right now my amateur skills have only figured out how to make it work in one direction.

From snooping around the KL catacombs it's apparent that we have a lot of tunnels with just piles of scattered piles of bones that aren't neatly stacked or organised, so made something that might fit those better.
1605943616910.png

1605943927005.png

1605943989849.png

1605944833409.png

Figured that the KL update would afford us a good chance to add a block like this, and it would be fairly trivial to swap them into any other major catacombs too.

Attachments

• 1605940631047.png
    1605940631047.png
    87.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
Am I getting too obnoxious to ask for the BTW blocks again? Snow topped thatch stair like a reskin of the Mance’s tent stair.

Cash, if you have time and want to would you be able to test out a bronze helmet? Not just a reskin of the Steel knights helm? Perhaps like an Illyrian helmet
1606346734131.jpeg
Or Pictish one?
1606346808266.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: StanateeManatee

Thamus_Knoward

Shadowbinder
Pretty quickly realised that those first catacomb bones only work when they're all lined up and there should be a top down view as well, so I reworked them a bit.

View attachment 5943

Ideally this block would work like the firewood/barrel blocks, where you can place it in different directions. Right now my amateur skills have only figured out how to make it work in one direction.

From snooping around the KL catacombs it's apparent that we have a lot of tunnels with just piles of scattered piles of bones that aren't neatly stacked or organised, so made something that might fit those better.
View attachment 5942

Figured that the KL update would afford us a good chance to add a block like this, and it would be fairly trivial to swap them into any other major catacombs too.
Hey Cash, some feedback from me on the bones block, in addition to what Emotione11 already said, take a close look at the separate bone blocks we already have. Try to match the cream color of those. Your block in comparison is very desaturated, almost entirely B&W.

Reactions: Elduwin

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
with the colors I was aiming to match the Skull block, which itself is very pale, since I figured that was the most prominent and frequently used bone block.

If I’d matched them to the more yellowy colors in the other bone blocks somebody would’ve been unhappy about that instead ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: SseriousBusiness
Those are absolutely beautiful, Cash. I love them more and more every time I see them.

Explored the catacombs the other day and say that huge vault for the first time and spent like ten minutes in awe. Then the above picture with your textures is even more amazing. The other pictures are nice too- they make it obvious what is being represented (although I do like some imagination, seeing the cobblestone texture for bones when there's so many other applications of the texture is a hard mental hurdle to overcome). Keep up this great work! I would love to see this applied.

I personally like how stark white it is, because it gives a nice contrast and does match the skull and bones blocks.

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
The paleness of the skull texture is to represent a more bleached and weathered piece of bone while the yellower fallen bones blocks are more recent and/or well preserved

Reactions: DutchGuard