Westeroscraft Texture Pack Megathread

Love the idea of a form to work on these requests.
It could be used maybe to make the workload of the people working on the texture more visible to everybody, hence making us more aware of the work required whenever we come up with a new request. And also make it more visible so that we know what requests are being taken care of, and when requests are put aside, maybe have a short explanation (just to make communication easier for everybody).

That being said...
Formal request to follow-up a discussion with Emotione11 :
- rework on the Arbor (large) bricks, to make it work better with the other arbor blocks, probably through higher contrast and closer colors
- add variants to the arbor small bricks block (stair/slab/wall/arrow slits...)

Also bumping a few other requests:
- don't want to put too much pressure, but I'd really like to see the hemp block included in the next update, as the request was made quite some time ago, with I believe strong historical background to support it
- would it be possible to add a furnace block for OT or arbor blocks set? for southern Reach / northern Dorne (even westerlands, for projects using the arbor cobble)
- same as above, but with the Faith of the 7 carved block, with OT or arbor block? (request from Marge, but I thought I'd add it here as well)

Just wanted to discuss this here before making a block request.
Based on the discussion in Getting around the block ID limit, could the extra vanilla wood (dark oak etc) be used for stripped of bark and palisade/long thin bundled wood?
The former has been mentioned often in terms of block additions and the latter is my own idea for carpentry but particularly primitive structures.

It’s essentially a firewood block that’s doesn’t have the central ‘divide’ where the logs have been shortened into smaller lengths and the colours change.
This could be used as the walls of temporary shelters and primitive huts and log cabins. A stair block could also be used for simple and temporary rooves.
Yes, this is another Beyond the Wall motivated idea. Would builders be interested in something like it?
1610599847516.jpeg

Just wanted to discuss this here before making a block request.
Based on the discussion in Getting around the block ID limit, could the extra vanilla wood (dark oak etc) be used for stripped of bark and palisade/long thin bundled wood?
The former has been mentioned often in terms of block additions and the latter is my own idea for carpentry but particularly primitive structures.

It’s essentially a firewood block that’s doesn’t have the central ‘divide’ where the logs have been shortened into smaller lengths and the colours change.
This could be used as the walls of temporary shelters and primitive huts and log cabins. A stair block could also be used for simple and temporary rooves.
Yes, this is another Beyond the Wall motivated idea. Would builders be interested in something like it?
View attachment 6914
Would also be useful for logs at sawmills, lumbercamps and carpenters as well as for barns, sheds and what not in rural areas.

I'm not sure if we're still working on the pink blocks for Maidenpool and Riverrun, but I just wanted to drop this here:
1920px-Langenzenn_Stadtkirche_-_Fenster.jpg

Funny thing, testing how I could overhaul thatch I stumbled across the fact that our stair blocks have the textures arranged in such a way that they mess up the logical structure of any roof. The structure of roofing material should allow the flow of water down the slope of the roof. And while the side textures of our stair blocks reflect that, the top texture is orthogonal to that direction. Always struck me as odd but I never understood why this was the case.

Well I've worked out that this is the case because the top texture of the stair block model is inherited from a regular cuboid block which doesn't know anything about directional placement. In addition, by default, all of our stair blockstates have texture rotation disabled.

I've enabled it and I think, even though the effect is subtle, it could improve the look of essentially every roof.

ss+(2021-02-20+at+06.07.43).png

Take a look around in-game now that you know about it. Let me know if it irks you enough so I know that it's worth pursuing further.

Last edited: