Westeroscraft Texture Pack Megathread

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
I've actually used small versions of these ceramic tile furnaces in the Wickenden castle, though in red rather than green:

7c0d28f8ea.png

I was bored, so I tried re-creating the first image that you linked:

57db4d29bc.png

Probably not suitable to use in-game, but maybe a smaller version with the green marble could capture the vibe, if someone's able to pull it off.

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
oxidised bronze isn't bright enough. hmmm. Something like an upscaled version of Dark Prismarine would work well.

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
Okay so after discussion on the discord-server chat yesterday I’m throwing a few ideas up here.

Volcanic sand:
A dark, gritty sand for use on Dragonstone, Hardhome and potentially other volcanic spots (I’m thinking obsidian sands/pits for the CotF). It could also be close enough to coke coal and charcoal to be used for those.
I was originally thinking more Positano black sand than Iceland btw.

Ash and Scorched Earth block update:
Having ash and scorched earth as a multi sided block would give a huge range of more options than what we currently can use them for. Particularly when making a midden with ashes in it and having to cover the sides.

Scorched earth could also then be used to represent recently burnt wood/daub walls as well, rather than the current darkenin with northern wood

Thamus_Knoward

Shadowbinder
While I love all the great ideas, and I'm sure Emotione11 is recording them somewhere, I personally will dedicate my time until Christmas to improving rather than adding to our resource pack.

By improving I mean:
- Adding a few random variants for blocks that have been woefully neglected such as the plasters.
- Creating 3D block models for blocks that have a single-interpretation only. I'm thinking of the shovel/axe/pickaxe blocks here but Emotione11 and I are brainstorming what else. Actually, here I'd ask the entire community to pitch in -> /warp thamus and move to the right, there's a small plot to help discuss and find these single-interpretation blocks.
- Applying overlay wherever sensible.
- Fixing bugs!

Arkilstorm

Dowager Countess of Grantham
Staff member
In response to Sim’s request for oar blocks. I agree, it’d be nice to have a “wood” version of the horizontal chain block that’s about the same thickness, and can be placed diagonally adjoining one another..then the “paddle” bit would be under the water.
This block could also be really interesting for shutter supports?
Maybe if they’re based on our “jungle wood” texture, they’re a nice middle ground between oak and spruce blocks, so could be used without detracting from the palette of the build they’re used in?

Last edited:

Margaery_Tyrell

The Dark Lord Sauron
While I love all the great ideas, and I'm sure Emotione11 is recording them somewhere, I personally will dedicate my time until Christmas to improving rather than adding to our resource pack.

By improving I mean:
- Adding a few random variants for blocks that have been woefully neglected such as the plasters.
- Creating 3D block models for blocks that have a single-interpretation only. I'm thinking of the shovel/axe/pickaxe blocks here but Emotione11 and I are brainstorming what else. Actually, here I'd ask the entire community to pitch in -> /warp thamus and move to the right, there's a small plot to help discuss and find these single-interpretation blocks.
- Applying overlay wherever sensible.
- Fixing bugs!

I think we desperately need more texture variants for turnips, pease and carrots, it looks really really monoculture-ish in larger fields and some variation would make it more natural looking.

And would your specifications include more biome-related variants? Ergo for example clotheslines, in the North they could be heavy furs, leathers, thick cloth garments being hanged up to dry, and in Dorne they could be more lighter cottons garments with long sleeves meant for keeping away the heat and sun.

We have a similar system for hanging sausages, rabbits, and fowl and it could work better if we expand that out more. I think more biome variants would help with the cultural variation of region to region since we use biomes to codify region fairly consistently.

Elduwin

Skinchanger
Staff member
May I add (or repost the request, I think Marge made it some time ago), it would be great to have variations in the fish hanging block, and have a CTM for 2 blocks tall hanging fish, like with sausages->ham.

In terms of potential changes, I was wondering if it'd be possible to change the grapes blocks into grapes wall blocks, so that our grape vines are thinner and look much more realistic, especially when being grown in vineyards. If the change is too complicated, I'd like to ask to add these 2 blocks, red and yellow grape vine walls.

I also fully support the oar suggestion by Sim and Ark, would be great to have that before building the Redwyne fleet and ships at OT!

Finally, there has been several requests on mediterranean plants, for the terra of southern Reach, Arbor and Dorne. Is there any possible additions on that side?
Any news on the hemp block as well?

EStoop

Knight of Fairmarket
I think we desperately need more texture variants for turnips, pease and carrots, it looks really really monoculture-ish in larger fields and some variation would make it more natural looking.

Can we please detatch these from the vanilla minecraft farmblock, and all other blocks that still depend on a specific block state of the block they are placed on?

And while we're at it, can we have head-sized melons, pumpkins and squash/gourd rather than full blocks, similar to cabbage?
I think these blocks are much better represented in a smaller variation rather than the award wining sizes they are as a full block.

EStoop

Knight of Fairmarket
I was wondering if it would be possible to introduce a second line of windows (such as the gothic window, narrow window and timber frame window), but with glass infill.
Window blocks are slowly taking over glass pane simply because they are more decorative, but in much cases glass is more realistic (since the decorative blocks are common in more affluent buildings).

While we're talking about glass now, I was also wondering if we could introduce new variations of glass and update the current one (I'm not asking for a window block with each type of glass). Furthermore, I'd like to request glass in additional (natural/unstained) colours such as greenish yellow and greenish blue.
Various types of window pane are: diamond, bulls-eye, rectangular and many more intricate designs, such as this.

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
Another thing that would mean we could create much more streamlined buildings in the Snowy north would be a stair block like Mances Tent block but with a top of snow and bottom of dark thatch. This would allow builders beyond the wall and in the snowy build to create far more streamlined houses and be able to actually make thatch rooves (currently we would need 3 layers of roof to do roof beams, thatch and then snow on top).
This would also create the feeling that the area is primitive and doesn't have a ton of nails and plank boards as a ceiling.

Margaery_Tyrell

The Dark Lord Sauron
I stole borrowed Cash's folding fan texture, made it bigger and replaced the iron nugget with it

2020-11-14_13.58.09.png
2020-11-14_14.00.23.png
2020-11-14_13.58.26.png
iron_nugget.png

I am formally asking for this texture to replace the iron nugget texture (which is a vanilla iron nugget) or any other unused item.