Approved House Goode by Patrick_0901

Patrick/Yzyc

Faith Militant
heyy! i was promote to fullbuilders last week. as you know need 2 mini's to be an actual part of canon projects as my first mini project i'm interested in goodeham1

i made this plot you see in the imgur link recently

this is my first plotting of the hamlet

each color has a different meaning
red means buildings for animals barns/sheds
yellow means mid-low class houses
white means low class houses
and blue is the well

its on air in my plot ( /warp batelgause) you can find additional and needed information there. i'm open to change anything and waiting for your feedbacks. the yards are just to show my plans for now. i'll redo them properly as the professions are decided and project goes on

feel free to leave melons or contact me via discord or ingame i'll be waiting for your opinnions and feedback

i hope you like it. have a nice day !
Hey Batel!

I also was able to take a closer look at your go at goodeham1

And i have some feedback for you i wanted to adress.

First off i wanted to say your house placement is good, you kept to the shape of the road and curved the houses around it, just make sure to only plan the central buildings, i saw you planned a small animal penn inside the hamlet, this is not needed as the animals would be out in the nearby fields. Maybe turn this into a small barn where they can be kept during the winter.

Also try to take a good look at your professions, when you plan out your hamlet, the best way to do this would be to do some research on what would be present in a medieval hamlet just like the one your building. You could also take inspiration from other hamlets around the server.

And finally take a good look at your yards, imo they are a bit to messy and bubbly right now, make sure to make them feel more natural with the landscape.
When you plan them make sure the spaces between the diagonal lines have the same amount of blocks, see picture below.
1628269053989.png
That would be it for now, you can always ask for advice when im online!
You made a good start on your first mini!

Reactions: Batelgause

Batelgause

Royal Messenger
hey! i've been working on the mini and things started to make out here is pictures of my hamlet's current shape i'll be waiting feedbacks

its a little long but i recommend you to check imgur page and read captions incase you didnt get what is what from the pictures

i know yards are little "round" and i can redo it again but i'll let you decide. also i'm off for a one week vacation and wont be online and looking forward to what feedbacks you'll give me. have a good day!

Reactions: Patrick/Yzyc

Batelgause

Royal Messenger
heyy! because of the road at the project(goodeham1) has changed i changed my plot as said to me

here is my new plot. professions and yard details are still the same with the last post i uploaded just changed house plottings and redone yards.

now ploting is finished and i'm waiting for approval :) also good luck to my rival (hey homie!)

have a good day !

Reactions: Patrick/Yzyc

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hey homie,

I approve your hamlet plans as well, though I'd work a bit on refining the plotting still before opening. Some of the plots feel a bit cookie-cutter at the moment; if you work on adding immersive details to the hamlet (think of the types of activities they'd need to do to survive, and the various outbuildings required), it'll help each part turn into something unique. Particularly, the central area of the hamlet around the tree would probably be a very active space, and the plotting should reflect that.

Patrick/Yzyc - I'm going to ask you to put a temporary hold on the Bechester houses, because I think the style needs a bit of refinement. In my pre-approval feedback, I mentioned that the style should be more rural and the plotting a bit more spread-out, rather than the sort of rowhouses you'd find in a large market town or city. I think the plotting is fine overall, but currently the style (mostly this bit) is reminiscent of a mini Fairmarket or Stoney Sept, which doesn't feel appropriate for a tiny Riverlands town surrounded by a short wooden palisade. I'd recommend taking out some of the ornate elements from the houses - simpler window designs, no bay windows, less glass, etc. - and going with more basic designs. Think "function over form". Also, in my approval feedback I mentioned swapping the orange slate with something a bit more modest. Once you've experimented a bit more with the style and have something more rural, show me on the forums or in-game and then you can re-open the town.

Homiesucc

Herald
Pronouns
she/her
actually it isnt a riverlands town at all. House goode belongs to the crownlands.
wiki doesnt specify a house which controls it, and its listed as a house of unknown region
As its closest to kl, the only logical assumption is Goode belongs to the crownlands.

IronGentleGiant

Playwright
actually it isnt a riverlands town at all. House goode belongs to the crownlands.
wiki doesnt specify a house which controls it, and its listed as a house of unknown region
As its closest to kl, the only logical assumption is Goode belongs to the crownlands.
Go to the dynmap. Turn on borders, towns, and roads. House Goode, its lands, and the Town of Bechester are within the Riverlands borders (outlined in black). The Gold road, I think that's the name passes right through their lands.

Homiesucc

Herald
Pronouns
she/her
Go to the dynmap. Turn on borders, towns, and roads. House Goode, its lands, and the Town of Bechester are within the Riverlands borders (outlined in black). The Gold road, I think that's the name passes right through their lands.
didnt even realise that was a thing lol

Gealrüable

Royal Messenger
Mini - goodehf2, at /warp gealjar1631015297568.png1631015541613.png
A small keep securing a well traveled road, it's the home of a knight (a younger brother of Lord Goode), his family and four guards/servants. The knight presides over the nearby hamlets, and owns a bit of livestock himself, but not having any rights to collect tolls, he can only bitterly watch as the merchants pass by his walls with their riches.

Batelgause

Royal Messenger
heyy everyone!! its me again. since i've lost /goodeham1 to a great rival (heyyo homie) i've put my hands on /goodeham4 now. patrick told me that it was a fishing hamlet so i kept most of settlement to the river side

here is the link

as i did before white shows houses,red shows sheds,orange shows animal pens and chicken coops and finally blue shows specials and industrial buildings(marked under the screenshots check imgur)

i havent start to work on terra's , farmsteads ect. because i'm planning working on them as its moved to the real world.

i'm waiting for your feedbacks, feel free to contact me via discord or ingame i'll be around. i hope you're having a wondeful time :)