In Progress House Goode by Patrick_0901

AerioOndos

Warlock
Feedback I've got is that you probably shouldn't have the houses so close to the river unless they are on stilts or partly on stilts. There are good examples of this further up the Blackwater Rush at Stoney Sept. This would reduce the impact of flooding in autumn. I'd also move any sheds to the upper part of the bank too, even if its just one block higher so they're two blocks above water level.

Reactions: Batelgause

Batelgause

Messenger
Feedback I've got is that you probably shouldn't have the houses so close to the river unless they are on stilts or partly on stilts. There are good examples of this further up the Blackwater Rush at Stoney Sept. This would reduce the impact of flooding in autumn. I'd also move any sheds to the upper part of the bank too, even if its just one block higher so they're two blocks above water level.
i'll take a look when i'm home thank you for the help :)

Batelgause

Messenger
so i had a peek at stoneysept and i believe i can add partly on stilts to the lower houses after discussing with patrick and speaking of sheds i tried to relocate them but cant say it worked well therefore i've raised the height one block for the 2 main shared yards. feel free to take a look at the hamlet on my plot it floats in the air you have to fly up a little bit its the highest one this way you'll see it closer and will be able to give more feedback. have a good day!

Gealrüable

Playwright
I think the walls of the HF could be made a bit less organic. But otherwise I approve as well.
If you are referring to my hf: the walls (especially the palisades) follow the line of the hill to maximize defense, the stone walls are straight. This is historical, castles on hills/mountains usually follow the terrain in more organic forms.

Homiesucc

Messenger
The walls are quite curved and like a living organism, rather than much straighter geometric walls.

Also I am wondering why the back o it is o badly burnt but there is no burnt ground or outer walling
Ah I see what you mean. I agree tbh, the bubbly walls look strange