Approved Central Westerlands megabuild (Tarbeck Hall, Sarsfield, Oxcross, Hornvale) by lemonbear

Wylla

Storyteller
Hey, I'm applying for the poppy farm at /warp THfarm2.
https://imgur.com/a/Qca9rm3
tests at /warp wylla

not sure what poppy wine is. talked about it with you lemon, so if you want me to add casks or wine presses (but for poppies) then i can do that. the rest is dedicated to making milk of the poppy/opium. the grain baskets in the central yard are supposed to be drying opium. the maroon flowers in front are supposed to be opium poppies, and the same flowers will be in the poppy fields.

Last edited:

lemonbear

Nymeria
Staff member
Pronouns
she/her
@Wylla: I approve! I just have a few comments:

• Rereading what I wrote, I said they produce the base components for poppy wine (i.e., the component from the poppy that would later be put into wine by someone else), so no casks or wine presses needed. I would also like them to produce poppy seeds for general consumption. Currently, what you have with the grain baskets looks more like the poppy seeds, so I'd like to see if you can come up with something a bit better at representing opium.
  • Don't worry about the particular mix for the flower fields for now. I'll likely work with you to get a mix I like that fits the stage of production they're in.
  • I'm not the biggest fan of the design you have for the front of the villa. It looks too busy. Maybe reduce the number of columns?
  • I'm also not the biggest fan of the well design. We've had a lot of cute small designs for wells lately, and I like this style a lot.
  • 32 - hTXha50 copy.jpg
  • Overall, the gradient/palette needs a lot less Lannisport Light Brick and more Sandstone.

phondi

Storyteller
Hey,
This is my application for the landed knight at /warp thlandedknight
The test is at my plot /warp phondi
As it is a holdfast i did not imagine much for the sorroundings, it should stand out of the natural vegetation.

Reactions: Desmera and Antony

phondi

Storyteller
Hey,
This is my application for the landed knight at /warp thlandedknight
The test is at my plot /warp phondi
As it is a holdfast i did not imagine much for the sorroundings, it should stand out of the natural vegetation.
Can't seem to edit the post for some reason, but anyways just wanted to thank all the people who gave me feedback on the holdfast, esepcially dragons and ammika who gave me nice advices

Antony

Printmaker
I did some major changes to the exteriors of the septry to match more with the regional style of the Westerlands.
There are the photos from the new version, again all tests and both versions of the Tarbeck hall septry can be found at my plot in /warp king:

Attachments

• Tarbeck Hall Septry by KING, new.pdf
    943 KB · Views: 51

Kuzlov

Messenger
I'll be the first to admit when I messed up, and admit I really rushed into that first app. Here's my new revised app, thanks for all the feedback I took it into consideration and made quite a few changes and additions. I tried to keep pastures on the steeper areas and fields on the flatter terrain. I mention it in the app but I decided against having any professions in the hamlet after spending some time googling medieval professions I couldn't find any I felt would make sense in the hamlet given that the city and sept are right there and would probably have better access to materials and facilities for skilled laborers. Attached is the PDF for my application.

Hey, just wanted to say that Spinach will be taking over this hamlet from me! @spinachpizza

lemonbear

Nymeria
Staff member
Pronouns
she/her
@phondi: Your holdfast is a good start, but I want you to think a bit more about how it fits into the terrain. The curtain walls are kinda awkward since they butt right up to the hills, which make them not all that useful. The shape of the holdfast also plays into this. As it is, the square/rectangular shape doesn't feel all that dynamic, and instead it feels like someone just plopped the structure down into its spot without consideration for the location. Feel free to change up the terra in the area if you need to.

@Antony: I talked to you in game, but unfortunately I have to reject your app for the septry because it just isn't what I'm looking for. Your septry would fit perfectly somewhere else, but the plans don't fit my plans for the area. I intended the septry to have been built about 40 years before the time of the server during the height of the Tarbecks' power when they were building a ton of septs and holdfasts, and your tests are a bit more fortress-y than I intended.

Reactions: phondi and Antony