Approved Blackmont by Tsar

Tsarkaiser84

Faith Militant
So I recently withdrew my application for Hammerhal because I had been thinking about applying for Blackmont. This is mostly born out of a love for that Southern Reach/Starfall biome, and I doubt I will ever again have enough time to even consider the Arbor.

Redklink began this project back in 2014, and I distinctly remember working on Old Oak the same time he started this project. As far as I can tell, he has not been online in some time.
As such, I am scrapping a lot of what is currently there. The castle is eclectic and there is an extensive cave network under the castle that I am not a fan of.

Here is the application:

docs.google.com/document/d/1fMEdyiQZpk-rsxv08h1k6kgGg3zGwvnpwSluOyUTYzE/edit?usp=sharing

I expect this project will take a while, but most certainly less than four years. Expect the lands and houses to blend well with High Hermitage, as I very much enjoy the lands for that project.
Important to note: Stein's terraform of the Torrentine was well done, and I will not be making any changes to it beyond small cosmetic changes such as flora.

Thanks for considering.

Last edited by a moderator:

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Love it! You have my approval!

Only thing I'd change is working on the base of the tower a little bit more, having it randomized seems a little odd especially with the smooth lighting shadow where the walls turn into full blocks.

EDIT: And pizzapproved because pizza's busy with work and stuff

Last edited:
Reactions: Endymion

Tsarkaiser84

Faith Militant
Hello, I still exist.

After almost a year of just coming on periodically and building a house or two at a time, I've realized I'll need help if this project is ever finished. As such, I am doing something I have not done in a very long time: Opening a project to other builders for application.

I have heard much about how this style is popular, and I think this is the last chance for builders to build in a sort of "Spanish Dorne" style. I hope this warrants more interest among builders, as I recall in the past it was very difficult to find people to do small projects like this.

I have attached a map with a limited scheme of what is at each location. I encourage creativity, as I have little.
You have all progressed far beyond my competency as a builder (and especially at terraforming, I've always hated that) so I think this is the most prudent move.

I look forward to receiving applications. The town remains my demense for random work since I change things there all the time. blackmont.png

Sapper

Playwright
This is My app for Ham 1, the black squares are houses, the orange circle is a sept, Pink is farmland, Aqua blue are smokehouses, red are gardens, and Green is a ship, I will be post two example houses below in the thread

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-24 at 12.53.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-24 at 12.53.12 PM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 32

Margaery_Tyrell

The Dark Lord Sauron
The torrentine is canonically a very dangerous and rapid filled river not very suitable for boats or ships, and Id recommend you dont make the farmland too "blobby", look for examples at wyl

Id also recommend making some tests for us to see

Sapper

Playwright
okay no boat and ill make farmland less blobby in game if i get the plot... this is my style idea the left one would be most of the houses with brown slate, some with oak, the left house is main house, the right i just made it for the roof so it looks boxy, The gradient have 3-4 block types and this house have maybe 11 houses a sept and 2 smokehouses, 3 houses would have gardens, there would be 4 main large farm stripes, i will make them more equal and nice my mac doesn't have the best sketch program...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-24 at 2.31.16 PM 3.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-24 at 2.31.16 PM 3.png
    830.5 KB · Views: 23
  • Screen Shot 2020-11-24 at 2.31.22 PM 1.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-24 at 2.31.22 PM 1.png
    752.1 KB · Views: 22

Sapper

Playwright
ill build some more as well but thats the general idea, i would prolly do 2-3 plot here and let other have the rest and i would ask for help with a sept, doesn't look like theres a holdfast here