Approved House Goode by Patrick_0901

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
Just some feedback for the holdfast test

The gradient could use more of a pattern to it. For instance, light stone seems to touch small stone brick, smooth stone brick, dark cobble and river cobble. It would be better to arrange it so that these are separated so that 1 block only touches 2 other kinds. For instance, the small grey stones > river cobble > smooth small brick > small brick > dark cobble.
I'd recommend going for something more like L Grey > River > Smooth > Small brick and only using dark cobble in the most eroded sections where there is actual damage.

Reactions: Opaco123

Opaco123

Poet

The gradient could use more of a pattern to it. For instance, light stone seems to touch small stone brick, smooth stone brick, dark cobble and river cobble. It would be better to arrange it so that these are separated so that 1 block only touches 2 other kinds. For instance, the small grey stones > river cobble > smooth small brick > small brick > dark cobble.
I'd recommend going for something more like L Grey > River > Smooth > Small brick and only using dark cobble in the most eroded sections where there is actual damage.
I cleaned up the gradient a little. Not exactly to what you said but I think it's a little more consistent with the rest of the stone gradients around goode like in hf2. If you still think it looks off lmk and I can go back in again

Last edited:
Reactions: AerioOndos

Opaco123

Poet

Alright redid the gradient again, think it passes this time.

Horsthausen

Bard
The sluice gate and frame over it could be streamlined and made less pronounced and thus creating focus on the waterwheel and other parts of the farmstead.
Hey guys, it has been a while but I have now worked on the sluice gate again to make it smaller without a big frame on top. LMK what you think. The test is still on my plot.

Luk

Gullible
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
Hey Patrick,

I know you're somewhat inactive atm, but thought I'd do a mini for when you get back. Here's my app for the charcoal burner. The test is on my plot.

Hey Deiniol,

I appreciate your initiative. I just want to remind you, that the purpose of a Mini project is to practice plotting and overseeing other builders, giving feedback etc. If you already did all the work, and just paste it in, thats not a Mini, just a Special build.

For more information you can head over to the Wiki:

Deiniol

Playwright
Pronouns
he/him
Hey Deiniol,

I appreciate your initiative. I just want to remind you, that the purpose of a Mini project is to practice plotting and overseeing other builders, giving feedback etc. If you already did all the work, and just paste it in, thats not a Mini, just a Special build.

For more information you can head over to the Wiki:
Hi Luk,

Thanks for the feedback about mini applications. I was under the assumption that the focus on collaboration was only for hamlets, where a mini leader would plot and then other builders would help with the houses, yards, etc. However, the same focus isn't usually seen for holdfasts, quarries, camps, septries etc.

Would you recommend I remove the houses and replace them with wool plotting then?

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
I don't think that the current placement of the charcoal mounds is good rn. When the time came to dig out the charcoal, some might be soggy from being at almost the same level as the stream literally next to them. If the mounds were on land just 1 block higher I'd be okay though

Patrick/Yzyc

Faith Militant
Hey luk, yes i still have the full vision to finish the project, i have more time on my hands rn, so i will come online soon again.

ps. i could rlly use some help with vegetation, its a massive area and im not rly good at vegetation. There isnt much building left tbh. only vegetaion mostly.

Last edited: