Approved Wyl by Endymion

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hi Maj & Endy,

The mods have reviewed this redo appeal, and decided that Wyl is allowed to be redone on the basis of the new canon added in Fire & Blood, which suggests that a significant restructuring of the boneway (which includes Wyl) may be necessary. Anyone is now free to apply for Wyl.

Best,
Emote

IMajic

Royal Messenger
wow thank you mod team :)

me and endymion have done a lot of terra tests lately if your interested in seeing them they are just north of /warp sunspeartest. The guides are on endymion plot -treetest/flowertest/towntest/castletest. house build guide.

we will be putting the final bits of the document together, so we can apply for wyll.

thanks emot

also any feedback will be very welcome as its good at this stage of planning
thanks
maj.

Reactions: SeapunkPeaches

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
My big takeaway from Fire & Blood was the extent of the destruction wrought by Aegon during the first Dornish wars. Reducing a half dozen of Wyl’s keeps and watchtowers to molten stone would leave a scar on the land which would be important to reflect in the project.
Not to mention just how invisible the defensive systems are, as bolders were hurled down without any sight of the perpetraitor

Reactions: Endymion

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hey, I finally got a chance to look over this app fully - sorry for the delay! This is an excellent and high-effort application; I don’t really have any concerns with your plans except for possibly small stuff which will come up during the building process.

You have my approval! I hope you wyl make it great ;)

IMajic

Royal Messenger
Hi, so me and endymion have been talking a lot about wyl mainly how we will start this project, so were making a lil map for you. that is once we have a second mod :p.

TERRA MAP
VKrmHf7.png

we will be starting with the mountains/valleys for the Bonway as well as along the coast. we will be leaving the large river until last because endymion told me that Iwan told him he wanted todo that large river between Harvesthall/blackhaven.im not not to sure tho. (after Oldtown)-that's why were leaving until last.

thanks
maj and endy

Last edited:
I just wanted to clarify that i spoke @IwanDeLarch about a month ago about reterraforming the area. He told me he wanted to over see it (not do it himself), so the transition between Dorne and the Stormlands would be more gentle. Right now it’s a hard line between very contrasting terrain sets. However, he told me that Old Town was his primary objective and therefor he would deticate all his time to OT. (Which looks very good:p) Because of this we decided that we would push back all terra related to the border and main river, so Iwan will have plenty of time to work OT. It’s hard to put a time table on this. It could vary from 4 months to a year. If need be we can always push it back even more or figure something out.

Last edited:

DylanLovesYouJP

Faith Militant
Hello!

Here’s my application for the holdfast/watchtower on the mountains in the north east of the Wyl lands.

The tower, because of it’s location would be difficult to access by horse so instead of my original plans I’ve elected to build a single tower with a partially collapsed wall to show the age of the fortification and the disrepair such a remote structure would likely fall into.

Here are the tests both on the top layer of my plot and in situ:

Thanks for reading!

IMajic

Royal Messenger
nice post endy :)
I think we will do an update post for this project in the coming weeks with a list of completed to non completed things/ a map for future things we will do with some new ideas and tests that endy did as some things started to become dated, as I think we both have taken a partial break from this, hope mods are okey with that. also we probably will get back to working on this soon hopefully lol

also thx so much dreammax00 for the lovely pics, looks great!

Reactions: JohanKR850
Wyl has been going strong for a half year now and it might be time for an update ;).

What is finished:

• All the holdfast along the boneway and the watchtower at the cadet vale are done. The roads going towards them are still WIP.
  • The southern hamlet is completely done appart from some grass and a small strech of coastline on the narrowsea at the easternside of that vale.
  • The cadet vale is also close to finishing. There lacks still some grass on the mountains. (This will be done once the plant update is done.) The castle and hamlet are done. What is left to do is finishing the path going towards the watchtower and completing the dry plateau. Once this plateau is done it all done areas will become 1 big area.
  • The boneway is well underway with almost all of the terra done from the cadet vale to the yronwood border. The river still needs to be plotted and vegitation is still to be placed. This shouldn’t take to long unless i get distracted again.
  • The town will be adressed in a seperate post because it’s the thing everyone has been asking me about and i feel no one will read this lenghty post.

What is next?
  • The town will be further developed.
  • The boneway will be continued all the way to yronwood.
  • The last parts of the 1st fase will be started, that being the septry vale and goatpath daemon took to bypass the watchtowers on the boneway. Expect a map for it a some point in the future.
  • I’m looking to make an imersionbuild in an empty vale next to Yronwood and Wyl. I’ll keep you posted when it will be open for application.

On an other note, you might have seen that maj his name is nolonger in the thread title. This is because Maj is nolonger a co-lead on Wyl. I have been running Wyl on my own since Febuari and it’s to time consuming to try and keep an inactive member updated. Most people don’t even know Wyl is a co-op at this point. Maj was notified of this decision on the 13th of July and hasn’t chosen to respond since. I gave him time to respond until 31th of July however I don’t see why i should wait, if he doesn’t want to respond.

I’d like to thank everyone who has helped on Wyl so far. Especially Emote, Lemon, Iwan, Dragons, Amm and Maj.