Westeroscraft Texture Pack Megathread

EStoop

Knight of Fairmarket
Gray wood could be recoloured.
As for stair, slab etc. blocks, maybe they are not quite as essential for the rainbow colours but they would be handy for grey and white wood. Implementation would be the same as with regular wood blocks, with white wood representing weirwood (such as the Bower).

Reactions: thecoddfish
Is it possible to add additional random textures to blocks? Like how when you place a parchment block there are multiple random textures? I was thinking we could do this for some niche blocks (decoration and food, some plants perhaps) to add more functionality. We could have multiple variants of a cake block, or more hanging herb options and so on. Will this affect the block limit?

Reactions: JohanKR850

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
That's certainly possible, and wouldn't add to the block limit at all. However, it tends to be annoying in practice, since placement isn't truly "random", but rather pseudorandom & completely predetermined, and usually people have a specific texture in mind when placing a block. For instance, I regret making the plate blocks random, since sometimes I want the empty plate but get food plate instead. Now I only tend to do random textures when they're just slightly different versions of the same entity, like cobwebs (note that, even then, some cobweb textures are seen as more desirable than others)

JohanKR850

Royal Messenger
Would it take up less space if we made blocks like the picture block, that makes it random another way? We could use that for cobweb? Banners (for smaller houses)? decoration and food? plants?
I dont know if we even can do that? if we could youd probably have done it before.

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Would it take up less space if we made blocks like the picture block, that makes it random another way? We could use that for cobweb? Banners (for smaller houses)? decoration and food? plants?
I dont know if we even can do that? if we could youd probably have done it before.

That’s possible with paintings due to them being entities, rather than blocks. I don’t believe it’s possible with blocks, I know the new versions of MC which are progressively trying to do away with block IDs have something resembling random tiles, but I believe it’s still just pseudorandom like current random CTM.

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Yeah I can do the dun ornate arrow slit.

Anyways, now that WH is starting to get wrapped up, I'm going to work on a small update with some of the changes people have suggested:

- Some more nature/foliage blocks (TBA)
- Dun ornate arrow slit
- Recolor gray wood
- Gray & white wood stairs/slabs/wall
- Change red keep secret door to coarse red sandstone
- White/pink roses
- Sunflower 2-tall CTM
- Reach cobblestone stairs/slabs/wall
- Half wattle fence

Potentially (i.e. need convincing)
- Make smooth red sandstone duller (for red keep)
- Wisteria
- Remove wood plank borders

Let me know if I missed anything here. Please no new block suggestions at this time, just something that someone might have asked me in-game that I forgot about.

EStoop

Knight of Fairmarket

Anyways, now that WH is starting to get wrapped up, I'm going to work on a small update with some of the changes people have suggested:

- Dun ornate arrow slit
- Recolor gray wood
- White/pink roses
- Sunflower 2-tall CTM
- Half wattle fence

- Wisteria

Let me know if I missed anything here. Please no new block suggestions at this time, just something that someone might have asked me in-game that I forgot about.
What about the blocks Thamus made a while ago? Any chance of implementing those to some extend?

Reactions: Darkaveger_13

Darkaveger_13

Bard
I have some things I think could really help us build more, like we have for example pickaxe blocks, it could be really nice with some other tool blocks like rakes and hoes.

For certain builds having the blood block in different color variety like white for flour or salt could also make building more interesting. Finally a stair block made of oak with the top conor being spruce. It would make for some really cool ceiling tiles on houses with several stories. :)

Reactions: Margaery_Tyrell

Margaery_Tyrell

The Dark Lord Sauron

- Dun ornate arrow slit
- Recolor gray wood
- White/pink roses
- Sunflower 2-tall CTM
- Half wattle fence

- Wisteria

Is there an expected ETA so we can all get hyped

• Haha
Reactions: Adorkabley

Elduwin

Skinchanger
Staff member
Could it be possible to switch the orientation of the lil dunes on the sand block/layers?
So far, it's oriented east-west, and it'd make more sense to make it north-south as are most of westeros beaches.
Hope you'll get what I mean...
That's not block adding, but just changing.
Would it be possible?

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member

Iwan

Boldtown
Staff member
Even more enigmatic to scholars and historians is the great square fortress of black stone that dominates that isle. For most of recorded history, this monumental edifice has served as the foundation and lowest level of the Hightower [...]

[...] for its massive stone walls and labyrinthine interiors are all of solid rock, with no hint of joins or mortar, no chisel marks of any kind[...]

I know you said you don't want additional block requests, but this is a necessary addition at some point in the future.