Completed House Lonmouth by Jeff

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
Okay, I'm going to pop in here to ask a few questions again. Wouldn't it make more sense to open up the North Eastern pass to the slayne into a valley itself, meaning that you could have a much more significant connection to the rest of the region? It would also make more sense for how the mountains have formed if a stream went from the lake to the Slayne river itself.

1626667288168.png

It'd be a reasonably big bit of terra, cutting a streambed through there but I am willing to help out myself personally as editor to assist with the project, as well as Approving Mod.
I'd also be able to help show you how to make the mountains around Lonmouth look more like your inspiration using gradient masks and other tools.

On the point of your houses, I like the gradient so far and how it matches up with the idea of stone being the best building material in the area. The gradient has definitely improved also.

I'm willing to approve your build now but would like to check on your plotting before building starts for the town.

Anything else anyone wants to add?

Jeffjunior77

Printmaker
If u help me with the mountains I agree to open the vale!
Also i can make some Test plotting on my plot I will send u a message or post the plotting in this thread.

So I should build the main Village next to the slayne then right ?

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
I'd be fine with seeing tests but on site after another mod approves is fine.

And the stream I made in that map is only an idea/suggestion. I couldn't exactly replicate your streams and lake and ultimately its your project so that stream goes where you want it to go within Lonmouth. Have the village where you want it to be.

Reactions: Jeffjunior77

Jakethesnake8_8

Firemage
Pronouns
he/him
Hey, so I know there are some house tests still in the works, not just at Lonmouth, but for the Stormlands in general, a larger discussion should be had. That being said, I've made some house tests that could be of use to you Jeff, based on some Ukrainian drawings, some Romanian and Slovakian houses. Let me know what you think!

P.S. Thanks Aeks for feedback and help on the Romanian house :p

One of my inspirations

Azulejo

Bloodmage
Staff member
As always, loving the Eastern Europe inspiration for The Stormlands. That being said maybe switch the light thatch for the dark one, even though the inspiration depicts light thatch? I think it would suit better the color palette of the buildings (and the humid climate of the region). Awesome tests nevertheless!

Reactions: Jakethesnake8_8

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
Hey, so I know there are some house tests still in the works, not just at Lonmouth, but for the Stormlands in general, a larger discussion should be had. That being said, I've made some house tests that could be of use to you Jeff, based on some Ukrainian drawings, some Romanian and Slovakian houses. Let me know what you think!

P.S. Thanks Aeks for feedback and help on the Romanian house :p

One of my inspirations

Maybe repost this in Kor's Stormlands Overhaul thread

Reactions: Jakethesnake8_8

diitseiPertti

Messenger
Pronouns
he/him
hi jeff! I was just wondering if there are any available minis i could pick up apart from the hf at lonmouthtown?

Jakethesnake8_8

Firemage
Pronouns
he/him
Hiya Jeff! I've got some concerns/feedback regarding Lonmouth.

The Town
Currently, I feel the town does not fit the terrain very well, and I think it should be better adapted to the plateau. Try having the houses and roads follow some kind of logic. The houses feel very disconnected from each other at the moment like they don't fit together. I'd suggest making the plotting less rural, so as not to feel like it's a disjointed build. If there were a central point for the town, then there would be a feel that the town is lived in, and have different areas of density. I'm having a hard time understanding the section of the wall that spans only a few houses, and the gatehouse which defends the town. There should either be a wall around the entire thing or around none of it. I think there should also be a sept in the town. There are certain Italianate elements in the town that do not fit, for example, one of the houses has a tower that looks very Westerlands.

The Style
The style right now feels very classical half stone half-timbered houses. I think this makes it feel like parts of the Reach and Crownlands. I want to bring back to mind the house tests I made a few weeks ago, maybe not to use, but as a basis of something to work off of. I think currently the style has no defining trait that says 'this is a Stormlands build'. I think that the basalt rooves should have only 1 material, as none of the other materials blends well texturally with it.

You've come a long way, and doing a project is a huge responsibility, so good on you for taking initiative and getting stuff done. But I think some thought needs to be put into the style and layout of the project at the moment.

Good Luck

- Jake

Jeffjunior77

Printmaker
Hey jake,
Ty for ur feedback and ur ideas!
U right about the the town dosent fit into the tera. I am also not happy about this and will defintly work on that!

The Style:
The Style is imo hard in this part of the stormlands bc i heard alot of different opinios about how ppl think the houses should look!
The Westerlands Timbered Blocks are the only Timbered Blocks that kinda fit with the Vivid and mono blocks.
I will open a inspiration thread maybe ppl can post some examples and we can maybe get something together!
But i think the half Timbered Houses work kinda good maybe we just need a some new Timbered Blocks in Different colors.
About the Sept: I planed to make the sept on the hill over the Town.
I dont know What kind of Tower u mean with italian maybe u can mark it with a wool block or something.

Ty for ur feeback!

~Jeff

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
I'm willing to approve if the feedback I've left on it is addressed. very small note really. Its looking pretty good to me

Reactions: Homiesucc

Jeffjunior77

Printmaker
Hey Rex!
For Ur houses i will Change the Lonmouth Style Guide a bit.
I make the Final Style guide this weekend.
But for let u Know:
Dont use Dark vivid for Low Class Farmers i try to make the Lower Houses more Darker bc they are Older also i will not use Timber for Low class Farmer anymore.
The Landowner looks very nice (Mid class Houses can use Dark Vivid and Timber bc they have more Money to maintain there House).
The ploting i saw on ur Plot is very nice too!
Maybe at a Granary and a Barn too.
For the Granary Check out Azules Idea in the Stormland Dornish March Thread he also did a Example on my Plot!
/warp Jeff
We are testing there some Possible Guide Ideas but i think i will be done this Weekend!

Jakethesnake8_8

Firemage
Pronouns
he/him
Hiya Jeff,
Great to see you’ve got a style now for Lonmouth. I have some concerns about the new town however. It’s elevation is significantly higher than that of the castle, which is a bit of a mismatch to me. If the town were sacked and taken control of, that would offer a significant advantage over people defending the castle. I think the town should be lowered back to its original height.

- Jake

Jeffjunior77

Printmaker
Hey Jake,
The town is up there bc of the located mines in the mountain above the town. By time the town get bigger bc of the mines.After House lonmouth placed a holdfast there to defend the mines from bandits and raits more and more houses get build to give the mine workers a home.
more workers means more infrastructure and so the town gets a small market, a cheesecake, a smith, and so on.
The iron mines of lonmouth are very important for the armory Industrie for the stormlands that’s why also 1-2 trader come to lonmouth.
Also i don’t think That’s a huge problem that the town is higher as the Castel in terms of and advantage.
Also lonmouth has a lot of water sources in the Mountains so the town can easy get water by fountains.
i would say the I can make to town maybe 4-5 blocks lower but I want to keep the mine Town feeling up in the mountains