In Progress House Lonmouth by Jeff

AerioOndos

Warlock
Okay, I'm going to pop in here to ask a few questions again. Wouldn't it make more sense to open up the North Eastern pass to the slayne into a valley itself, meaning that you could have a much more significant connection to the rest of the region? It would also make more sense for how the mountains have formed if a stream went from the lake to the Slayne river itself.

1626667288168.png

It'd be a reasonably big bit of terra, cutting a streambed through there but I am willing to help out myself personally as editor to assist with the project, as well as Approving Mod.
I'd also be able to help show you how to make the mountains around Lonmouth look more like your inspiration using gradient masks and other tools.

On the point of your houses, I like the gradient so far and how it matches up with the idea of stone being the best building material in the area. The gradient has definitely improved also.

I'm willing to approve your build now but would like to check on your plotting before building starts for the town.

Anything else anyone wants to add?

Jeffjunior77

Street Preacher
If u help me with the mountains I agree to open the vale!
Also i can make some Test plotting on my plot I will send u a message or post the plotting in this thread.

So I should build the main Village next to the slayne then right ?

AerioOndos

Warlock
I'd be fine with seeing tests but on site after another mod approves is fine.

And the stream I made in that map is only an idea/suggestion. I couldn't exactly replicate your streams and lake and ultimately its your project so that stream goes where you want it to go within Lonmouth. Have the village where you want it to be.

Reactions: Jeffjunior77

Jakethesnake8_8

Bookbinder
Hey, so I know there are some house tests still in the works, not just at Lonmouth, but for the Stormlands in general, a larger discussion should be had. That being said, I've made some house tests that could be of use to you Jeff, based on some Ukrainian drawings, some Romanian and Slovakian houses. Let me know what you think!

P.S. Thanks Aeks for feedback and help on the Romanian house :p

One of my inspirations

Azulejo

Bookbinder
As always, loving the Eastern Europe inspiration for The Stormlands. That being said maybe switch the light thatch for the dark one, even though the inspiration depicts light thatch? I think it would suit better the color palette of the buildings (and the humid climate of the region). Awesome tests nevertheless!

Reactions: Jakethesnake8_8

AerioOndos

Warlock
Hey, so I know there are some house tests still in the works, not just at Lonmouth, but for the Stormlands in general, a larger discussion should be had. That being said, I've made some house tests that could be of use to you Jeff, based on some Ukrainian drawings, some Romanian and Slovakian houses. Let me know what you think!

P.S. Thanks Aeks for feedback and help on the Romanian house :p

One of my inspirations

Maybe repost this in Kor's Stormlands Overhaul thread

Reactions: Jakethesnake8_8