• BUT RISES AGAIN HARDER AND STRONGER

• BUT RISES AGAIN HARDER AND STRONGER

Results are only viewable after voting.

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
Apologies for taking so long to get back to this.

The lodge seems like a very ornate construction for a hunting lodge, and without much in the way of utilities like kennels or a dovecote/rabbit hutches to increase game numbers for sport. I'm also not such a fan of the double roof on a smaller structure. Maybe if the complex were expanded more horizontally it would work better?

Opaco123

Poet
Apologies for taking so long to get back to this.

The lodge seems like a very ornate construction for a hunting lodge, and without much in the way of utilities like kennels or a dovecote/rabbit hutches to increase game numbers for sport. I'm also not such a fan of the double roof on a smaller structure. Maybe if the complex were expanded more horizontally it would work better?
Could you explain a little more about what you mean by overly ornate?

Last edited:

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
By ornate I'm referring to the tiled perimeter wall, and corner tower and tower of the main building for a hunting lodge, rather than a holdfast. Imo having more evidence that it is not a holdfast but a hunting lodge would be good. Would it be helpful if I left feedback in the form of melons on the test, Opaco and Homie?

Opaco123

Poet
By ornate I'm referring to the tiled perimeter wall, and corner tower and tower of the main building for a hunting lodge, rather than a holdfast. Imo having more evidence that it is not a holdfast but a hunting lodge would be good. Would it be helpful if I left feedback in the form of melons on the test, Opaco and Homie?
I built a new test on my plot. Scaled back what you labeled as ornate. Added a lot more hunting infastructure. Though I would challenge the idea that there is a significant distinction between a hunting lodge and a holdfast Every medieval jagdschloss I found was built as a castle. Lmk if I have that mistaken though.

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
Perhaps looking at some of the hunting lodges of Henry VIII Tudor might be good for things that aren't very holdfasty? The English king was a prolific builder of them and a number survive, from large ones like Great Fosters to small structures that weren't much more than a covered bench area on stilts (completely enclosed under the reign of Elizabeth I Tudor).
Some larger ones:

Homie, what are you intending for the hunting lodge?

Opaco123

Poet
Perhaps looking at some of the hunting lodges of Henry VIII Tudor might be good for things that aren't very holdfasty? The English king was a prolific builder of them and a number survive, from large ones like Great Fosters to small structures that weren't much more than a covered bench area on stilts (completely enclosed under the reign of Elizabeth I Tudor).
Some larger ones:

Homie, what are you intending for the hunting lodge?
Those are good examples, but I don't feel they, or the tudor style on general, would adapt well to the project. That's why I mostly focused on looking at central european examples. I think it would ultimately be up to what homie is looking for though.

Also I believe jagdschloss stern was built in the 18th century

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
I was moreso thinking about size and utility of buildings, rather than their individual design features. Red brick with stepped gables certainly wouldn't work in Bolling :p.

Reactions: Jakethesnake8_8

Opaco123

Poet
I definitely get where you're coming from, I was just talking about how all the other bolling builds have a more fortified nature, like the septry. Either way I didn't even like my first test that much anyway lmao. Also sorry about pasting it, I was told it would be alright.

Here's my new test btw:

I'm working on another test that will look more like a manse if you think this still looks too much like a holdfast

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
I think its up to homie now but I love this second one, particularly the detailing of the roof and how the wooden extensions are done. Can't wait to have a look at the yard too. Really has more of that compound feel to it.

Gealrüable

Royal Messenger

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them