Completed Highgarden

Wazgamer

Lord Paramount of The Riverlands
Pronouns
they/them
1. He had time to test.
2. It's a finished product that's approved
3. We're actively working towards a deadline with HG so updates like this are very finicky, and frankly unneeded, updates encourage updates and I don't want this to take years like the redkeep

@Thamus_Knoward @7JG7 Enah and Arkil's words are final, end of discussion. I'm not trying to be brutal or mean just blunt.

Thamus_Knoward

Shadowbinder
I’m impressed that you’re trying to run a tight ship especially now that @Arkilstorm has started a new job (grats btw!!). What’s the deadline again? And why are you stressing yourselves with a fixed deadline? Don’t get me wrong; the sooner the better, but feedback/ constructive criticism on approved sections shouldn’t be excluded because of it.

Reactions: Fin

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
To an extent I agree that we shouldn't be preoccupied with redoing finalized sections, just as we discourage people from redoing their castle at their solo project after they've completed it without a good reason, etc. It's pretty much a matter of workflow, lack of which can be pretty disruptive in large builds such as HG. That said, we shouldn't foreclose the ability of people to give feedback and fixes during post-approval.

Arkilstorm

Dowager Countess of Grantham
Staff member
I'm open to suggestions on completed aspects, but there seems to be a trend with some builders who haven't tested for structures themselves, then make comments about someone else's completed work and try and "fix it" themselves. Suggestions of fixes, like always, are more than welcome via melons above the structures, but I'd advise people that if they would like to test for structures, that they do so. I just consider it kinda rude to make sweeping statements about peoples work when you yourself waited for them to finish, rather than test yourself.

Enah and I are happy with the general feel of the extended family wing, and have made note of a few things we'd like changed in order to bring it in line with some of the style guidelines, but I'm happy for the original builders to make those amendments. This is the time for feedback and changes, not a complete redo by another builder.

I just wanted to clarify that we're not against accepting feedback and including it in completed or semi-approved builds, but I would certainly encourage people to test for things themselves, rather than try and make changes to another builders work. Everyone is afforded an opportunity to build at HG, and I'd like to foster a respectful approach to critiquing one another's work.

Thamus_Knoward

Shadowbinder
What’s the deadline again?

I honestly don't know. Did you post that deadline somewhere in this thread? Could you link it for me?

with some builders who haven't tested for structures themselves, then make comments about someone else's completedwork and try and "fix it" themselves.

That behavior is not a novelty, and while I agree that feedback during said process of completion is subjectively ‘nicer’ and more educational, it really isn’t possible all the time. If the person A thats building isn’t receptive to ideas from person B that’s commenting, or B isn’t able to invest the time to test from scratch or follow the process of A building closely, then how else would B effect a change?

I mean if you break it down like that its very analogous to the process of project post approval. Person B being a Mod that hasn’t tested for a project him/herself commenting on the finished work of Builder A.

I hope you agree that showing is better than telling, which leaves announcing and making tests the only sensible strategy. It’s not a wall of possibly ambiguous melon text that can easily be misunderstood (or ignored).

You do you in terms of project management, but at least give “bump in” feedback/ tests like this a chance and a fair assessment.

Last edited:
Reactions: an_escaped_duck

Arkilstorm

Dowager Countess of Grantham
Staff member
This was actually more of a reference to a couple of builders who'll remain nameless who came across a little too pushy, making subjective suggestions to multiple tests one after another, and it came across as quite rude and harassing.

I agree with you completely, but in this instance, having spoken to all parties, it's pretty clear that miscommunication could have been avoided through a more patient and respectful approach to offering criticism.

Enah

Skinchanger
Just a small friendly reminder, Highgarden and it's environs are not open to building until we have a brief fixing of the hurried server build houses and finish plotting the landscape. Also, if we give any builder's permission to build in the already plotted areas, that is permission to build a single house, not anymore. However, any and everyone are free to provide us with room and tower and building tests for any all not-already-approved parts to the town and castle. Thank you. <3

-enah and ark

Adorkabley

Royal Messenger
Pronouns
she/her
Just a small friendly reminder, Highgarden and it's environs are not open to building until we have a brief fixing of the hurried server build houses and finish plotting the landscape. Also, if we give any builder's permission to build in the already plotted areas, that is permission to build a single house, not anymore. However, any and everyone are free to provide us with room and tower and building tests for any all not-already-approved parts to the town and castle. Thank you. <3

-enah and ark

I was legit about to ask this I saw a village with a lot of builds and outside the hg wall the lower class ones were weirdly done. I came on to see if things changed lol.

Margaery_Tyrell

The Dark Lord Sauron

-enah and ark

Whats going to happen to the houses? A small ammount are a bit salvageable but a large amount of them have really steep thatch roofs that don't look very good.

• Haha
Reactions: Adorkabley