Approved Central Westerlands megabuild (Tarbeck Hall, Sarsfield, Oxcross, Hornvale) by lemonbear

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
I would suggest moving it even further up. Place it on the steepest terrain so that the farm can use the most flat, arable land for fields

Reactions: lemonbear

lemonbear

Nymeria
Staff member
Pronouns
she/her
Building is now OPEN at /warp oxcross!

The community is open and rural, based around several farms. The main output is related to cattle, with a slaughter, many herders, and a dairy, but also lots of agriculture. Plots are separate, but should be done in groups as farm complexes. When you do the main house or workshop area of a farm, please keep in mind what it should look like as a cohesive whole. Outdoor space is also open for building.

The style is the same as at /warp sarsfield, so check out the platform there before building.
------
I am also adding another mini build farm, so here is an updated list of the available minis:

/warp thhamlet3 - Abandoned/ruined mining hamlet that was destroyed 40 years ago during the Tarbeck/Reyne rebellion. There are overgrown or closed mines in the mountains behind it and two abandoned quarries nearby. One of the quarries (location indicated in-game) is flooded.

Sarsfield castle (near /warp sarsfield) - The original inspiration for the castle is San Marino. I love San Marino, so it'd be great if you keep that inspiration, but I'd be happy if you just keep it to the same mountain range indicated in the app.

/warp sffarm1 - A farm complex that does general agriculture.

/warp sffarm3 - An apiary/meadery.

/warp sfquarry - The quarry from the original Sarsfield project. The quarry/mines themselves need serious updates, and auxiliary buildings (including storage, a smelter, and anything else) need to be added.

/warp sfseptry - A septry built by the Tarbecks during their prime. This one is in much better repair than the septry on the border with Drox because Sarsfield aided the Lannisters against the revolt. Primarily houses septons, but there are a few septas. The septry has a large garden with medicinal herbs and functions as a hospital.

/warp sfseptry2 - A smaller septry built by the Tarbecks. It owns farmland, and the septons living there carve statues of the Seven to sell to other septs and the devout. You can decide what they grow, but it has to be region appropriate (i.e., no olives or citrus). There should be some houses nearby for workers to tend to the farmland.

/warp sfhamlet1 - A small herding hamlet. They don't have much money, but they live off the land with their goats and sheep. They take their herds to some of the high mountain pastures for grazing (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpine_transhumance).

/warp sflogging - A logging camp with accompanying lumber mill. The camp is located right at the edge of a pretty big forest, and they sell wood and logs in the nearby communities and to the septry.

/warp thruin2 - An abandoned Tarbeck holdfast in the forest. It has been reclaimed by nature.

Building is also *~open~* at /warp sarsfield. If no profession is specified, the residents are farmers.

lemonbear

Nymeria
Staff member
Pronouns
she/her
@MimiStockwell: I post-approve your winery!

@zanji: Hmm, essentially I've come to the decision that I need to see more deliberate planning for this farm. It seems a bit like you quickly threw something together without really thinking it through.

Reactions: MimiStockwell

DutchGuard

Shadowbinder
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
Quick note, I am officially assigning Oxcross to the lands of House Sarsfield, as that makes the most sense for what lemonbear has planned and built.

lemonbear

Nymeria
Staff member
Pronouns
she/her
Small update: I'm adding a new mini project! It's a farming hamlet at /warp sfham2. You can either plot it as a conventional hamlet or take cues from the plotting at /warp oxcross nearby. No matter what, it should be clear that the residents are generally farmers (can have additional hobbies, e.g., pottery, bricklaying, etc.), and there should be visible evidence of farmwork (e.g., hoe, plow, barn, etc., work animals).

A few more minis (an inn on the River Road and another hamlet closer to Lannisport) will also become available as I prepare the terrain they sit on.

-----------------------------

Minis list:

/warp thhamlet3 - Abandoned/ruined mining hamlet that was destroyed 40 years ago during the Tarbeck/Reyne rebellion. There are overgrown or closed mines in the mountains behind it and an abandoned quarries nearby.

Sarsfield castle (near /warp sarsfield) - The original inspiration for the castle is San Marino. I love San Marino, so it'd be great if you keep that inspiration, but I'd be happy if you just keep it to the same mountain range indicated in the app.

/warp sffarm1 - A farm complex that does general agriculture.

/warp sffarm3 - An apiary/meadery.

/warp sfquarry - The quarry from the original Sarsfield project. The quarry/mines themselves need serious updates, and auxiliary buildings (including storage, a smelter, and anything else) need to be added.

/warp sfseptry - A septry built by the Tarbecks during their prime. This one is in much better repair than the septry on the border with Drox because Sarsfield aided the Lannisters against the revolt. Primarily houses septons, but there are a few septas. The septry has a large garden with medicinal herbs and functions as a hospital.

/warp sfseptry2 - A smaller septry built by the Tarbecks. It owns farmland, and the septons living there carve statues of the Seven to sell to other septs and the devout. You can decide what they grow, but it has to be region appropriate (i.e., no olives or citrus). There should be some houses nearby for workers to tend to the farmland.

/warp sfhamlet1 - A small herding hamlet. They don't have much money, but they live off the land with their goats and sheep. They take their herds to some of the high mountain pastures for grazing (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpine_transhumance).

/warp sfham2 - A farming hamlet.

/warp sflogging - A logging camp with accompanying lumber mill. The camp is located right at the edge of a pretty big forest, and they sell wood and logs in the nearby communities and to the septry. (Mars might be doing this one?)

/warp thruin2 - An abandoned Tarbeck holdfast in the forest. It has been reclaimed by nature.

Last edited:
Reactions: DutchGuard

Zso

Poet
Hey guys! I'd like to apply for /warp sfham2, it's a small hamlet of farmers and I did a project of it, Lem gave me some advice, as it is my first project! hope u like it :D

Hey Vis!
I really like your plotting and its great you planned shed for agricultural tools, communal yards and bakehouse, these features are making the hamlet quite realistic.
The treshing floor is an awesome idea to add also!

However i take the liberty to suggest something else instead the silos, because silos werent really a thing until the industrial revolution, and I know its a server trend but quite inaccurate from historic viewpoint, and since we strive for realism and accuracy, i felt like i have to make this remark. Its not only for your planned silo, but for all silos in general.

But dont get me wrong, i like your plans! Its great you planned something for storing grains, and the thing with that function would be the granary.
Here are some examples of a smaller sized granary which could work in a hamlet:

3d-medieval-granary-model_D.jpg1200px-Zaprice_One_cell_granary_03.jpgmaxresdefault.jpg
The function of the elevated floor is to avoid rodents and other animals to eat the grains inside.
These are just simple examples, there are a lot small granaries across the whole server wich serves good inspiration.

Perhaps theres a chance im wrong are silos were used in medieval times, but i havent found any evidence about that actually. I
n that case please someone link me a source or an example, and im really interested.

Keep up the good work and dont consider this as a criticism!

ViserysII

Emissary
Pronouns
he/him
Hey Zso!
that's a really cool idea :D , and besides that issue about when it was created, there are a lot of them in oxcross, and it would be nice to have something different , and let's see if my project will be approved and what the mods will say, but thanks for the tip my friend!!

Reactions: Zso and lemonbear

lemonbear

Nymeria
Staff member
Pronouns
she/her
I agree with changing the silos to a granary, and I think this looks good! I trust you'll do a good job with the project. Just need one mod approval now before you can get started!

Scubooty

Bookbinder
Hey, I am here to apply for the Ruined Tarbeck Holdfast just north of Oxcross at Warp [thruin2]
Included I have a small map of what I plan to do, it includes a small HF that has been ruined for around 40 years and then subsequently was taken over by the wilderness surrounding. I also included an Image of the Ruins of Karlsburg which is where I will be taking some inspiration. I however, may need a hand from other builders with WE to help in some of the Terra around the ruin. I am of course open to any advice and criticism. Thanks!
-Scubooty

Attachments

• THRUIN2.png
    THRUIN2.png
    476.9 KB · Views: 24
  • c59c4b17c80d6ba08764ef0a9d5be181.jpg
    c59c4b17c80d6ba08764ef0a9d5be181.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 25

Mayflumes

Poet
Hey all, I'd like to apply for /warp sfseptry2
A smaller septry built by the Tarbecks. It owns farmland, and the septons living there carve statues of the Seven to sell to other septs and the devout. To support themselves they grow Apricots, Raspberries, and Strawberries in their fields and make them into jam and other preserves. The jam making process is dependent on honey which is supplied from the nearby apiary. In their fields they also grow herbs that are added to preserves such as mint, lavender, thyme, rosemary etc. Layout and test' s provided in the imgur album linked below.

Link Below :D

Anything mentioned above is open to feedback and change and if you wanna get a closer look come to my plot and poke around at /warp mayflumes
you'll find the septry floating directly above it. Lots of thanks to everyone who helped me along the way with a special mention to Antony and Lem :)

lemonbear

Nymeria
Staff member
Pronouns
she/her
Hey all, I'd like to apply for /warp sfseptry2
A smaller septry built by the Tarbecks. It owns farmland, and the septons living there carve statues of the Seven to sell to other septs and the devout. To support themselves they grow Apricots, Raspberries, and Strawberries in their fields and make them into jam and other preserves. The jam making process is dependent on honey which is supplied from the nearby apiary. In their fields they also grow herbs that are added to preserves such as mint, lavender, thyme, rosemary etc. Layout and test' s provided in the imgur album linked below.

Link Below :D

Anything mentioned above is open to feedback and change and if you wanna get a closer look come to my plot and poke around at /warp mayflumes
you'll find the septry floating directly above it. Lots of thanks to everyone who helped me along the way with a special mention to Antony and Lem :)

Also remember that their primary source of income is actually their carpentry, and they carve wooden idols of the Seven to sell to various communities and septs in the area (although I can see you mention it in your map!). It also might be cute to have a small open shrine to the seven in the circled spot in the fields where workers can pray at midday. Regardless, I approve! Now you just need a mod to approve.
pM59bKl.png