1.12.2 Bug Report Thread

geeberry

Alchemist
Staff member
Admin
Hey yall

With the 1.12.2 update to the server, there will inevitably be some bugs or issues we missed in testing. Please report them here

BugFixed?SeverityNotes
Beds are all showing vanilla halfbedsYesMediumTemp fix for now
Spawn eggs workYesHigh
Builders can't change gamemodeYesLow
Farmland ID:60 breaks when jumped onYesMedium
/pweather clear does not stop rain when it is already raining.Low
chat colors no longer workYesLowUChat permission
/ignore isn't workingYesLowUse /chat ignore <player> instead
Custom titles don't seem to be appearing, though the data is all still thereYesLowUChat config
Some fences dont connect to each otherYesLow
/msg and /tp don't work with nicknames anymore, just with the IGN;YesLow
We can't have /msg by clicking the name of a player in the chat anymore.YesLow
Guests cant use /helpYesLow
glass panes are opaque (no transparency)YesLow
Ladders break when the block behind them breaksYesMedium
WorldEdit brush (inc. schem brush) right click range is very shortLowLeft click works but can't be held down
Placing a chest auto creates a GriefPrevention plot, stopping others from adding/breaking blocks in the areaYesMedium
Mods need dynmap/dmarker permsYesLow
Completely blocking spawn egg use disables spawning them with dispensers, limiting options for PvE minigames.V. Low

Absence of World Edit selection boxes is not a bug - these can be enabled by toggling on the WorldEditCUI mod in the launcher and restarting the game
1592467753084.png

Last edited by a moderator:

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Is it necessary to immediately disregard my report simply because I'm the one complaining about it?

this is ruining a great deal of details that we had worked on previously
Dutch made a reasonable point, this is unnecessary and unhelpful hyperbole. We don't need to make a knee jerk change just to maintain the status quo without considering the full scope of the pros/cons.

And just with the MacroKeybinding mod, does this have the same functionality for running scripts like Liteloader? I can only get it to run regular commands.

Also

1592464887872.png

Last edited:

Margaery_Tyrell

The Dark Lord Sauron
Dutch made a reasonable point, this is unnecessary and unhelpful hyperbole. We don't need to make a knee jerk change just to maintain the status quo without considering the full scope of the pros/cons.

And just with the MacroKeybinding mod, does this have the same functionality for running scripts like Liteloader? I can only get it to run regular commands.

I dont think that pointing out that Im the only one to complain about this (so far) is necessary to be honest, its a dismissal based on bandwagoning as if the fact that if only person has an issue with something it can be outright disregarded.

That being said will we have access to debug wands in the next update?

Thats really the only way I can see people who care about finer details like with stairs/walls would be about to get the details back without having to change anything on the coding end.

DutchGuard

Shadowbinder
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
I dont think that pointing out that Im the only one to complain about this (so far) is necessary to be honest, its a dismissal based on bandwagoning as if the fact that if only person has an issue with something it can be outright disregarded

I'm sorry that you felt personally attacked marg, that wasn’t my intention. I just wanted to point out that there was a wider discussion to be had with regards to that particular issue.

Margaery_Tyrell

The Dark Lord Sauron
It's fine its not a big deal, I think the debug wand whenever the next update rolls out should be an acceptable way without really doing anything to get around it if editors are allowed to use em

Also one more bug:

Glass Panes are now opaque, however glass blocks and stained glass blocks/panes are transparent

Jakethesnake8_8

Firemage
Pronouns
he/him

Also

View attachment 3106
i thought of that earlier and didn't say it. you wicked wicked human