Westeroscraft Texture Pack Megathread

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
those basket blocks are amazing and I love them, but what is that basket full of yellow "berries" supposed to be? The Arbor grapes? Because typically "white wine" grapes have a bit more of a greenish tinge and aren't as bright vibrant yellow as those.

Yeah, those are the Arbor grapes. I actually used this picture to choose the hue for them, but I get that there might be color constancy issues due to the darker colors in our pack.

Reactions: lemonbear

Ben

Poet
also unlit altar candle block and can we change the black banner to be just black and not black/gray so it can be used for house sigils that don't have gray in them? thx

Reactions: lemonbear

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Just a few things I noticed
  • Holding the dreadfort sconce makes it look like you have a skeley hand, which is fun. I think something is off with the placement though, might need to be "rotated".
  • Banner updates look good, I don't think the new Bolton one has been added though?
  • I like the Starry Sept Marble, but is it just me or does the repetition of the pattern look more noticeable than usual? I feel like I can see that X shape repeated very prominently, probably due to the contrast.
  • Pretty wild to see those new weirdwood faces in-game, I think there's probably room for improvement on them though, could add some red sap tears too.

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
I tried to fix the dreadfort sconce rotation but it wasn't really working, problem is the whole model definition is off by 90 deg. You just have to place it on a block to the left of where you want it.

I don't think I was aware that the Bolton banner needed adjustment.

The starry sept marble is because you're still using an old resource pack, you need to switch over to the new .zip.

Reactions: Enah

mdmeaux

Envoy
Can we please add 'Window' to the Reach Pink Brick Arrow Slit and Stone Slab Arrow Slit block names please? Just to help with searching. Thanks

Enah

Skinchanger
small glitch with the marble columns. seems they are trying to do as the other wall blocks

also oldtown cobble stairs don't match the cobble block, i think they are jsut misnamed as they go with the arbor set better
FeBg5JE

Last edited:

Margaery_Tyrell

The Dark Lord Sauron
Weirwood face sides are in the wrong direction

There are only 1 kind of glass candle type (Lore indicates there are 2 colors in the Citadel, Black and Green and we got only Green)

White Grape Leaves dont have the Betterfoliage leaf tufts and the leaves that fall off them are still in grayscale.

• Haha
Reactions: Adorkabley

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Weirwood face sides are in the wrong direction

What do you mean by this?

There are only 1 kind of glass candle type (Lore indicates there are 2 colors in the Citadel, Black and Green and we got only Green)

I was just going off the blocks list that @EStoop made me. Isn't the canon that there are black glass candles, but the ones held by the citadel are green?

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
"The Citadel of the Maesters possesses four surviving glass candles, one green and three black. The green one is kept in the study of the Archmaester of magic, while the black ones are the ones used for the vigil. It is not mentioned if the maesters have observed any change to the black candles, but Sam sees for himself that the green candle is indeed burning when he has a meeting with Archmaester Marywn."
http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Glass_candle

Reactions: Margaery_Tyrell

Enah

Skinchanger
I wouldn’t go by GoT wiki, I’d look it up in ASearchOfIceAndFire or reread the chapters dealing with the citadel.

Margaery_Tyrell

The Dark Lord Sauron
I wouldn’t go by GoT wiki, I’d look it up in ASearchOfIceAndFire or reread the chapters dealing with the citadel.

A Feast for Crows - Prologue

A hush fell over the torchlit terrace. Armen sighed and shook his head. Mollander began to laugh. The Sphinx studied Leo with his big black eyes. Roone looked lost.

Pate knew about the glass candles, though he had never seen one burn. They were the worst-kept secret of the Citadel. It was said that they had been brought to Oldtown from Valyria a thousand years before the Doom. He had heard there were four; one was green and three were black, and all were tall and twisted.

"What are these glass candles?" asked Roone.

Margaery_Tyrell

The Dark Lord Sauron
Mkay so us girls were talking in the server yesterday and we wanna suggest a new revolutionary block

~Non-Descript Lady Blocks~

So the plan is that a lot of rooms for ladies are missing details like needlework hoops and dumb shit like that because most of the time we just either cover rooms with flowers or with a bigass loom. We already have stuff for Men with dumb shit like swords and armor and blood but we need stuff for women. It could be a random block thing where something different thing pops up when you place it or they could be each be dedicated blocks. Some stuff it could show would be stuff like:

• A piece of expensive cloth being embroidered
  • A basket of yarn and knitting stuff
  • Makeup and perfume in the form of little pots and jars made of clay
  • a small harp or flute for music and singing
  • a folding fan used for southern heat waves with Myrish designs
  • a comb and brush set
  • a single red rose
  • A needlework hoop in the process of being completed