Westeroscraft Texture Pack Megathread

otty

Sorcerer
Pronouns
she/her
Officially putting in a request for those Mance Camp exterior white tent Slabs and Stairs then interior fur texture to be switch from its current to our dark brown thatch/fur texture. Haven't officially decided to do Mances but whoever does pick it up will need those. :)

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Some of the stuff I've working on:
Marg's requested miscellaneous lady blocks.

So you've got there some balls of yarn baskets, the rest are decoration blocks (like the current coin block). Needlework hoops, a comb, rose, jewellery, fan. (The wood planks are just for reference).

I've also been experimenting with custom 3D models, so far my greatest achievement is a square flute.. so yeah, still a ways to go.

Weirwood Face Update!

I've fixed up the first faces to hopefully look a little better, and added some sap to a few. Canon also suggests the faces weren't all grumpy old men, so I made a happy dude, a creepy baby and what hopefully looks like a lady face.

Highgarden Chiselled Marble

My search for the perfect pixel Tyrell rose continues, but thought I'd give marble a whirl, I'm not a fan of the bottom left version, but food for thought.

Dreadfort Stuff
Not sure where we landed with the skins, but the revised banner is ready

Last edited:
Hey @CashBanks ,
I was wondering if it could be possible to get an extra Renly banner in the next update? He's using the crowned stag in Tyrell colors, would be extremely cool for his camp :)
Cheers!

latest

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Those look awesome Cash, you're improving a lot! I just want to clarify that probably not all of them will make it onto production - see this post for the criteria that I've been trying to hold by - but nonetheless, keep at it if you find texturing fun, because I think @Thamus_Knoward is working on a project and he might be able to use them. Also, it's probably good to have a repository of textures in case we want them in the future.

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Those look awesome Cash, you're improving a lot! I just want to clarify that probably not all of them will make it onto production - see this post for the criteria that I've been trying to hold by - but nonetheless, keep at it if you find texturing fun, because I think @Thamus_Knoward is working on a project and he might be able to use them. Also, it's probably good to have a repository of textures in case we want them in the future.

Totally! Yeah it’s fun to try ideas, as with the banners I’m happy to just have a go without expectation that they’ll make it in so we’ve got options to choose from.

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Hey @CashBanks ,
I was wondering if it could be possible to get an extra Renly banner in the next update? He's using the crowned stag in Tyrell colors, would be extremely cool for his camp :)
Cheers!

latest

No probs,

Wasn't sure if it would be better to go with the Green/Gold version of the standard Bobby B banner, or just the head as you suggested for the differentiation.

Books say: "The crowned stag decorated the king's green velvet tunic as well, worked in gold thread upon his chest; the Baratheon sigil in the colors of Highgarden." So, shrug, dunno.

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Looks pretty good so far Cash! Can you (or one of the HG leads @Arkilstorm @Enah ) maybe motivate the block with some examples in HG where it would be useful/necessary? I know Ark suggested it initially but I’m pretty sure we decided against it at the time, although I can probably be persuaded. I’m just concerned about the possibility of the block becoming overused, as (IMO) the northern carvings did after we introduced it. Ideally, the reach carvings would be restricted to specific areas in Highgarden, sort of like the proposed White Harbor mural texture (speaking of which, any updates on that?).

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Reactions: Margaery_Tyrell

Enah

Skinchanger
the hg carvings would be used in place of the spruce carvings, so, as furniture, crown molding, ceilings/floors and can be incorporated into builds to give other places a nicer feel. i could see the vale and crownlands using them, and could have a small amount in northern builds showing they bought southron goods. idk, we had the idea of it to remove the dark feel from furniture because spruce is harsh with the white and pink of hg, and many other pink builds. but it is at your discretion of course

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Here's the vertical option

I feel like we've managed to limit the use of the Winterfell Crypt blocks and the dragon carvings relatively well. And whereas the Northern Carvings are fairly tribal/rustic (which means you could see them being used in lower class areas), these carvings are obviously a lot more ornate so it would be easier to justify keeping them restricted to HG and other wealthy places

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
I feel like we've managed to limit the use of the Winterfell Crypt blocks and the dragon carvings relatively well.

People are using the Winterfell Crypt blocks in a lot of places though :I Including at your graveyard in White Harbor. And Tham didn’t even consider the texture finished, meaning that it could screw up the “open grave” thing people are using it for in the future if he decides to finish the texture later.

Your point is noted, but it doesn’t help when you & Enah are already sending mixed messages about the use of the block for general purposes.