Westeroscraft Texture Pack Megathread

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Is it just me or is that slit in the center not in the center?!
Its not just you! Too keep it consistent with the standard vertical plank design I tried to avoid rearranging any of the planks. Trouble is the plank that's closest to the middle is 9 pixels wide, and off center by three pixels, so even if the plank was shifted across it would never be able to be perfectly centered anyway.

lmzHhWo.png

EStoop

Knight of Fairmarket
Its not just you! Too keep it consistent with the standard vertical plank design I tried to avoid rearranging any of the planks. Trouble is the plank that's closest to the middle is 9 pixels wide, and off center by three pixels, so even if the plank was shifted across it would never be able to be perfectly centered anyway.

Shouldn't we just change the texture then? I'm sure people in the high middle ages were capable of making evenly wide planks with some form of consistency.

Dan_Prime

Emissary
So I've been testing out liteloader on the new launcher mainly for the builders who use macros. I've noticed that launching the game with liteloader removes the default resource pack. Not entirely sure what's causing it at the moment, but getting this in the console.

https://hastebin.com/riqizoyase.swift (it's not swift)

Perhaps one of you guys who are more familiar with the pack have some insight? If not, I can report this issue to the liteloader dev. Maybe we can get this fixed. Any information appreciated.

Reactions: CashBanks

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
So I've been testing out liteloader on the new launcher mainly for the builders who use macros. I've noticed that launching the game with liteloader removes the default resource pack.

FYI I’ve found that it’s only an issue the first time you start the game with liteloader. Once it’s loaded you can re-enable the texture pack and it should start as normal each time afterwards.

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Ehhh, I feel like that's opening a whole can of worms on the limits of our terraforming (imagine people using it for cliffs and stuff), which I'd really rather avoid due to the whole outdating problem.

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hey everyone, new update is on the 1.11.2 Test Server! Please go give it a look and give feedback on the new blocks, so I can get it up on the production server soon!

Changelog:

-Added Dreadfort skeleton sconce blocks
-Added Glass Candle block for Citadel
-Added Oldtown sewer manhole
-Added Oldtown-specific brick & wattle blocks for Reach brick and Oldtown brick
-Added Valyrian Stone for Hightower base (minor Obsidian retexture + slabs/stairs)
-Added Starry Sept marble and Citadel green marble and variants
-Added Oldtown Brick and variants
-Added Arbor Brick and variants
-Added Reach panel wall blocks
-Added variants (stairs, slabs, etc.) of Lannisport Light Brick
-Added ornate arrow slits for small stone brick and light grey stone
-Added white grape leaves and crate
-Added more variants of weirwood faces
-Added mud slabs
-Added more basket variants
-Changed Reach stone to not be called "pink" anymore
-Changed Highgarden plasters to have more consistent / less neon colors
-Changed northern water and spruce leaf colors slightly
-Fixed "gray" vs. "grey" to be consistent ("grey" wins)
-Fixed some rogue pixels and inconsistent colors in great house banners
-Fixed mossy cobblestone not having new wall model

Had a look around today, here is a little album of the more notable stuff for anyone who can't get on:
also a couple feedbacks...
-thought not a huge issue, ot bricks do not contrast exceptionally well with reach light stone. Here is an image with a warmer hue, that contrasts a bit better: https://ibb.co/bCf7KJ
-no fences w/ grapes for the white grape variants
-ctm seems a bit messed up when placing the skeletal hands, also they rotate frequently when being placed

otherwise everything looks amazing! nice work!

EStoop

Knight of Fairmarket
Now I have seen it all ingame I think the marbles, especially the black marble, should be toned down a bit, perhabs more similar to the Eyrie marble (contrast wise). I also noticed that the Bolton banner still has a really, really bright red in it's flayed man.

I love the glass candle block, and the Valyrian stone as well. The highgarden plaster colours are top shelf too.

Reactions: Enah

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
I'm not sure I agree with the marble- the black marble is meant to be uniquely used for the Starry Sept, where the contrast between the pitch black and the bright white striations help to create a noticable "twinkle" effect giving the sept its namesake, like stars in a night sky. The green also I would rather keep fairly unique to preserve the "mysteriousness" of it, as the Citadel sphinxes (and perhaps some other artifacts/decorations within the Citadel) are implied to have a mystical/foreign background. It should most definitely not be used as a run-of-the-mill marble type in other builds.

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
might the sphinxes be more similar to egyptian diorite? I always imagined that kind of material. and is the plan to make the starry sept like the cathedral in Sienna?

Enah

Skinchanger
why would it be like the Duomo di Siena? we've i believe 3-4 tests right now for the sept, which have all been based mainly on the Aachener Dom. Maybe you could test one modelled on Duomo di Siena? :D And i actually love the green marble, and kinda wish the starry sept was green lol. it's awesome in the mockup emote did

also, i totally think the black marble is fine, though i suggested a secondary marble block of black marble, to give it a less repeating texture, but it definitely gives the effect of starry starry night skies. it's a regular vincent van gogh

Margaery_Tyrell

The Dark Lord Sauron
those basket blocks are amazing and I love them, but what is that basket full of yellow "berries" supposed to be? The Arbor grapes? Because typically "white wine" grapes have a bit more of a greenish tinge and aren't as bright vibrant yellow as those.