Westeroscraft Texture Pack Megathread

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hey everyone,

As many of you have noticed already, the new block update (yes, the update that the texture team has been working on for nearly a year now) has been put up on the test server. We're aiming to have the update pushed to the production server by the date of the WC 10th year anniversary, on Nov 13th. A full update thread, with highlights and other details, will be forthcoming once the update is on production. However, we need your help testing the update within the next few days to make sure any bugs are fixed before then!

In order to check out the update, follow the procedure for the CurseForge launcher or GDLauncher. However, instead of selecting "The WesterosCraft Modpack", select "WesterosCraft Preview Modpack". Make sure the version of the modpack you're using is the 1.12.2 Beta (as it should be by default). The test server should show up in the servers list. If you run into any issue with the resource pack (e.g. the new blocks don't have CTMs), you can download the most recent version here, although there should be no need to do this now. Building permissions on the test server should be updated soon to reflect production.

Here's a full changelog for the update:
-Added variants for remaining wood colors
-Added light/dark versions of wattle fence
-Added ghostskin
-Added hemp blocks (short/tall/dense variants)
-Added more variants of faith carved stone
-Added stacked & piled bone blocks & variants
-Added firewood slab
-Added path blocks for dorne dusty dirt, dorne dry soil, and reach gravel
-Added slab block for dorne dry soil
-Added arbor brick furnace blocks
-Added black glass candle variant
-Added variants for snow/ice blocks (note: the latter have some minor rendering issues that will be fixed in the future)
-Added snowy versions of dark/light thatch
-Added dock leaf block and removed texture from nettle CTM
-Added snowy weirwood leaves
-Added domestic/workshop/shop/yard utility blocks
-Added wool/thatch carpets as custom blocks
-Added more arrow slit options
-Added more hopper options
-Added stair/slab/wall/fence variants for light oldtown brick
-Added pale pink bricks & variants for Maidenpool
-Added stair/slab/wall/fence for (icy) northern cobble, faint light grey stone, small orange brick, white granite, and small white brick
-Added great road etchings
-Added northern fence gate (on vanilla dark oak fence gate block)
-Added orange slate for Arbor/Oldtown
-Added wood and metal variants of tip blocks
-Added variants for iron, steel, and gold
-Added variants for arbor small brick
-Changed furnace blocks to have hollow models (& added vanilla unlit stone brick furnace as custom block)
-Changed terrainset, ores, and cushion moss to have overlay CTMs
-Changed steel/iron blocks to have similar texture to bronze/gold
-Changed grass/foliage shading in desert biome to yellower variant of mushroom_island (tentative)
-Changed shading of grey bricks in jungle biome to browner hue
-Changed current pink brick blocks to sandy pink textures that work with vivid dark sandstone
-Changed arbor brick texture to be more similar to dun brick
-Changed ash/scorched earth blocks to have top texture on all sides
-Changed dirt texture in jungle biome to not have moss
-Changed grassy sand to have proper colors in extreme_hills biome
-Changed iron nugget item texture to folding fan
-Changed stormlands & white harbor blocks to have generic names
-Fixed bug with jungle biome shading and height
-Fixed oak timber white daub lefthatch/righthatch having wrong inventory icons
-Fixed wattle fence having transparent inventory icon

If you run into any bugs or want to point out any other issues, please post them here! Currently, the following bugs are known:
1. The ice stairs block causes the block underneath to become transparent. I'm not entirely sure what causes this; it may need to be fixed in a future patch if we can't figure it out in the next few days.
2. Two of the furnace blocks have missing textures for the top face. This was working fine in my dev version, so I'll have to look into what caused this.
3. The furnace blocks also have a couple minor rendering issues in the inventory and player hand; we can look into fixing these, though it's not priority.

Last edited:

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Any chance the barkless wood posts can make it into the update?
Likely not, since we still need a solution for the fence-fence gate interface (whether this is making the fence gates have the same texture, or some other solution still to be decided). I'm not worried about rushing this, since whatever we choose will retroactively apply.

Ash and scorched dirt blocks have a broken texture. It looks like the side texture is repeated on all faces.
This is intentional; see the changelog. Does it break anything?

The Ice walls don't attach to Ice Blocks, not sure if its intentional
That's a bug I think; will look into it.

Jakethesnake8_8

Firemage
Pronouns
he/him
Likely not, since we still need a solution for the fence-fence gate interface (whether this is making the fence gates have the same texture, or some other solution still to be decided). I'm not worried about rushing this, since whatever we choose will retroactively apply.

This is intentional; see the changelog. Does it break anything?

That's a bug I think; will look into it.

It’s not the top texture that on every side, it’s one of the side textures.

There are some of the new blocks that are quite buggy when held in your hand. The new furnace blocks are some examples.
Is it possible to change the icon for the full height wattle fences? Atm they share icons with the small version.

Reactions: Azulejo

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
There are some of the new blocks that are quite buggy when held in your hand. The new furnace blocks are some examples.
Is it possible to change the icon for the full height wattle fences? Atm they share icons with the small version.
That issue with the furnace blocks is known, but is very minor (it doesn't affect their usage at all) and thus not priority. It may be fixed in a future update.

Also red clay plaster icon is wrong, it's grey on the icon menu
This has been an issue for a while AFAIK. I don't think there's a lot we can do about it so long as the clay remains a vanilla block.

Just a general reminder that this thread is no longer for requests; only discussion.

Scubooty

Bookbinder
Hey, hope I'm not overwhelming you but there is a minor issue with the Firewood slabs. When used for a full block they don't have the lengthwise side on two sides its just the round width sides on all sides. The Slab has the same texture issue. Additionally, the slabs don't have the directionality, when placed it is always the same orientation. The directionality is not a big issue imo but the side texture is a bit buggy looking.

Attachments

• 2021-11-14_14.27.07.png
    2021-11-14_14.27.07.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 22

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hey, hope I'm not overwhelming you but there is a minor issue with the Firewood slabs. When used for a full block they don't have the lengthwise side on two sides its just the round width sides on all sides. The Slab has the same texture issue. Additionally, the slabs don't have the directionality, when placed it is always the same orientation. The directionality is not a big issue imo but the side texture is a bit buggy looking.
This is a consequence of there not really being a directional slab variant defined in the mod, so I made sure that the firewood slab is correct when used from the perspective of firewood stacked side-by-side. The sides all have the end texture for the same reason (so the block can be used in stacks of either direction). I've assumed that this is fine, since the sides of a stack of firewood would need to be covered anyways.

Westernlands Alt terrainset does not blend with regular Westernlands. I think it would be useful aswell if it blended with both arbor/dorne and reach (in regular and alt variations).​
I can look into that particular case in a future update, but there's a specific reason why some of the terrainsets can't connect with each other that Thamus_Knoward could probably explain better than I. I think something breaks with the overlay if you end up with a cycle in the connections.

Nicodemus

Faith Militant
Pronouns
he/him
Furnace block models are huge when held in hand, could that be fixed? I think that at least in blockbench you can adjust the model's size when held in hand.