Westeroscraft Texture Pack Megathread

Enah

Skinchanger
Then we need to completely overhaul the world's crops! So, they also have turkeys and such non-european foods. But no potatoes... so, uh, I guess we should get a nice crops update *wink wink hint hint* corn could be in the plants deco, and a ctm plant, as corn is weird and grows shorter the higher up a hill it is

Prisinorzero

Messenger
Plus Westeros has direwolves (yeah they were a real thing) which were only found in the America’s so there’s no reason to say Westeros would be exactly like pre Colombian exchange Europe.

Wylla

Storyteller
I can see why adding/replacing so many crop fields would be a problem, but unless the American education system has failed me (which it definitely has) sunflowers, squash, and pumpkins are all new world foods. So I guess that’s food for thought, but personally I don’t want to see corn because of the effort it would take to add it this late in the game. Unless we don’t go back and replace fields with corn, then corn is abso-fucking-lutely cancelled.

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Sweetcorn is 100% canon yes. Doing a crop update would require extensive planning to make sure that old builds are updated in a systematic, rather than ad-hoc, way. It definitely won’t be coming in the next update anyways.

Last edited:

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
It shouldn’t cause lag to use the double slab blocks by placing a slab twice, I believe they have the same properties as normal solid blocks. Having air/space underneath could cause lag, but that’s the same with solid blocks.

otty

Sorcerer
Pronouns
she/her
It shouldn’t cause lag to use the double slab blocks by placing a slab twice, I believe they have the same properties as normal solid blocks. Having air/space underneath could cause lag, but that’s the same with solid blocks.
Oh, sorry I was told that utilizing wood slabs to create smoother gradients between woods would cause lag so I assumed this would carry over. However, I still would like the full block version so I can use it with voxel/WE and not have to go back in and fill the gaps or raise the block height. :)

Last edited:

otty

Sorcerer
Pronouns
she/her
You can world edit them in, ive done it a lot. If i remember right the id for full muddy snow block is 2079:3. You can se the id change when you place the second slab on top of the first.
Oh, I generally never use hover-over block ID identification command. Lags my game out for some reason, so I didn't know that, that was even an option.

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hey everyone,

Just a little update. It took me a little longer to work on texture stuff than I anticipated, since my studies have taken up a bit of time. Nonetheless, I think I'm pretty much done with the texture update. I believe Mike's away on vacation right now, but I hope to have a version up on the test client as soon as he's back.

In the meantime, something I'd really like to do is re-name all of the "yellow flower X" and "red flower Y" blocks to things which actually make sense. However, I'm not entirely certain what every flower texture is supposed to correspond to. So, some help listing the possibilities would be much appreciated!

Cheers,
Emote