Westeroscraft Texture Pack Megathread

Thamus_Knoward

Shadowbinder
Hm.. looks like the american search results could be different :D Can you post that image? My results have no spikes whatsoever, and look rather quaint:
9cf5b1ad83.png

As for Arda's wattle fence, they also have a different texture right? Like, they probably use the wattle fence texture of conquest and not the one I made for us at WesterosCraft?

A simple random CTM could work on water, it may just be that the fancy overlay wave CTM doesn't work. IIRC this is what I tried to add the waves.

One last thing, I am a bit unsure about the mushroom retexture actually. There is this super light blue mushroom; and many of the old dark brown ones, which I thought worked really well with our pack, are now super pale and stand out a lot more than before.

Last edited:

Arkilstorm

Dowager Countess of Grantham
Staff member
The wattle edging is really lovely. It's used in the vegetable gardens in most older historic houses / castles in England. I have some in my own garden. Would love that in game!

Reactions: DylanLovesYouJP

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
The picture I was referencing was this one:

ce4091ae6d.png

Keep in mind that the "spikes" are basically just supposed to be the poles used for weaving the fence, however due to the transparent texture of the top face of the block, it looks a bit better to close off the tips with a point. I can experiment a bit more if people feel the spikes are too prominent, however.

Regarding the mushrooms, yeah I already do plan to re-add the small dark brown mushroom. I'm not really sure which blue mushroom you're referring to though, there was a gray one and a pale blue one that I left (mostly) unchanged.

Thamus_Knoward

Shadowbinder
Emote, the spikes were meant to be spikes :D I made the texture back in the day to specifically have spikes as I explained above. This has nothing to do with the transparent top texture since the block is too thin for this to even matter and the texture doesn’t span the full size of the 32*32 canvas either. If I had wanted to make poles I would’ve made them just like I made the poles of the lower wattle fence texture (which has flat poles and no top texture either).

In any case, this should help to come to a decision I've cobbled together three variants:
- A flat one (just like the current single block wattle fence but exactly half as high)
- A version with somewhat taller but flat poles (like in the image you posted)
- A spiked one (essentially just using the current texture top texture when you stack the regular wattle fence)

To check out one of the three variants, drop the corresponding folder into `/assets/minecraft/mcpatcher/ctm/` of your resource pack and delete the folder `wattle_fence` that is already in the `ctm` folder.

Last edited:

EStoop

Knight of Fairmarket
On another note, I noticed you can automatically walk up a half-wattle fence, making you go up a full block. Could you change it so the block behaves like a normal wattle fence but looks like half a wattle fence?

I hoped the grey wood block would be more similar to the grey wood in this picture, rather than grey painted/stained wood.

Thamus_Knoward

Shadowbinder
On another note, I noticed you can automatically walk up a half-wattle fence, making you go up a full block. Could you change it so the block behaves like a normal wattle fence but looks like half a wattle fence?
That's just the test client's standard config. It will automatically walk up any full block. You can disable it in the settings ;) (That's what regular Minecraft does nowadays)

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Emote, the spikes were meant to be spikes :D I made the texture back in the day to specifically have spikes as I explained above. This has nothing to do with the transparent top texture since the block is too thin for this to even matter and the texture doesn’t span the full size of the 32*32 canvas either. If I had wanted to make poles I would’ve made them just like I made the poles of the lower wattle fence texture (which has flat poles and no top texture either).

Huh, I guess that's just the ad hoc justification I've had in my head all these years then :p

Anyways, thanks for making the "poley" version - I think it's a good compromise, but I'll check out the three versions in-game when I get some time.

That's probably because I based it on the same block model for normal wattle fence, but I should definitely be able to cut the hitbox in half.

I hoped the grey wood block would be more similar to the grey wood in this picture, rather than grey painted/stained wood.

I based it on the similar image you posted when you asked for the gray wood, and even used that image as a reference to try to set the hue/saturation/brightness on the texture. If someone can make a better gray wood texture for me, I can certainly use it in place of the new gray wood texture, but otherwise I'm not sure of what more I can do myself.

Reactions: EStoop

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
By the way, there's a new version on the test client now, where snow layers should have smooth lighting disabled, and also I've used CTM on all of the snow blocks to try to decrease the shading applied to the sides of the blocks. Please give this a look on the Test client/server, e.g. do /warp wull, and let me know what you think of the change.

JohanKR850

Royal Messenger
Snow looks good Emote :D. It looks like a full block of the layered snow now.
This will be a lot easier to work with than the full layer blocks, thanks :)

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Could it also be done with muddy snow? because that still casts shadows onto snow layers

Should be fixed now, check it out.

EDIT: actually it looks like the snow ctm isn't fully working on the Test server now, but that should be fixed by the time it goes on the production server.

Last edited:
Reactions: AerioOndos

Xeson

Messenger
2019-10-13_20.16.20.png

I love the new blocks!
But: Short "bug"-report: sth went wrong with the stair texture, even with still existing ones. Plus the Reach Cobble Stair is broken in the normal version too.

Edit: Cobble-Stairs in general

2019-10-13_20.21.50.png

Edit2: Brick-Stairs too for example - maybe others are affected too, I didn't checked all of them.

2019-10-14_20.06.25.png

Last edited:

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
No clue how the bug with the stairs happened. I didn't mess with them at all. Seems to have affected all of them, so it's probably some bug with the model file generation. I'll see to it that it's fixed, though. Just keep using stairs as normally.

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Anyways, as everyone seemes to have noticed by now, the new update is up! Thanks for being patient, I know it took a bit longer than I had initially promised.

Regarding updating/retrofitting stuff with the new blocks:

1. Some old Sunflower and Mustard (?) fields have flower blocks "floating" above some grass block, to make it appear like they're 2 tall. These should all be possible to represent using actual 2-tall textures now (Sunflower and Yellow Bedstraw respectively). If you encounter these outdated fields, feel free to update them with the vertical CTM textures without asking anyone first. This should be done systematically with WorldEdit.

2. A couple flower blocks have new textures now, notably ones like Red Flower 2, which got turned from a bonsai-like thing to Meadow Fescue. If you find examples of these blocks which were clearly intended to be the initial texture, and look strange with the new texture, you can change them (but you still might want to get a mod to look at it if you're unsure).

3. For all other new blocks, please do not update anything without first (a) asking the original builder for permission if they're still around, or (b) asking a mod for permission if the original builder is not still around.

Margaery_Tyrell

The Dark Lord Sauron
1) Whats the gmask command for detecting blocks under a block to replace the block under it. Ergo go to sunflower fields change the jungle fern into another fern for double tall sunflowers but only those ferns under a sunflower

2) Blue Bells and Blue Swamp Bells (2005:15 and 2006:0) have the same texture where before Blue Swamp Bells had different texture (darker and more muted than Blue Bells)

• Haha
Reactions: Adorkabley

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
1) Whats the gmask command for detecting blocks under a block to replace the block under it. Ergo go to sunflower fields change the jungle fern into another fern for double tall sunflowers but only those ferns under a sunflower

I don’t have the flower block ids on me so i’ll Just use wool blocks as an example.

If you wanted to replace all blue wool blocks that are under red wool and swap them to yellow you could use:
//gmask <red
//replace blue yellow

Reactions: Margaery_Tyrell

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
If you wanted to replace all blue wool blocks that are under red wool and swap them to yellow you could use:
//gmask <red
//replace blue yellow

More generally:

//replace <[red]&[blue, green] yellow

Will replace all blue or green blocks under red blocks with yellow blocks (replace the colors with the specific IDs you want).