Westeroscraft Texture Pack Megathread

Kor_Bro

Envoy
We have been in the darkness for so long.... please let us finally have:
Head-sized melons and squash! Please.

We would finally be able to do proper melon fields, instead of those ugly things we have now.
The current melon block could still be used as feedback melons. But a head-sized one like our cabbage block would be such an amazing addition!
Stoop came up with this amazing idea. I'm just the delivery boy bringing the message.
Please!

Thamus_Knoward

Shadowbinder
we can just run a replace script replacing all melons and squash with the smaller variant

I don't think we can though. As for the squash fields I've seen people place grass right on top of it, so simply replacing the squash block won't work at all as you'd end up with floating grass due to the reduced size of the squash...

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
I don't think we can though. As for the squash fields I've seen people place grass right on top of it, so simply replacing the squash block won't work at all as you'd end up with floating grass due to the reduced size of the squash...

Theoretically still possible- Mike's script allows for replacing blocks above/below other blocks, sort of like //mask. I remember this being necessary when we were doing some vertical CTM blocks. So we can just remove grass above melons when porting it and I don't believe anything important would be lost. Especially if we add "stems" to the new block model.

Can we have wheat, carrot, turnip etc. blocks that do not depend on tilted soil?

This is also just a matter of needing to port these blocks to custom blocks rather than the vanilla ones, which is something that will definitely be done in the future.

mdmeaux

Envoy
Can we retexture some of the vanilla doors into more door types? Like an intricate carved door for rich households, a broken up door for abandoned buildings, etc.
I think that's in theory a good idea, the problem is that older builds without those textures would look outdated, and imagine the effort of going round every old build to replace them. Could possibly work though.

Reactions: nubcaker

Margaery_Tyrell

The Dark Lord Sauron
I think that's in theory a good idea, the problem is that older builds without those textures would look outdated, and imagine the effort of going round every old build to replace them. Could possibly work though.

Maybe only the richest of castles could get a few new doors (Highgarden and Hightower for example), and some of the more prominent ruins could get some as well.

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Hey so I had a go at making some banners.

They're to the scale of the existing banners and some had to be more squished than others, but on the whole it didn't take too long. If there's a realistic shot of getting them added in game I'd be happy to tweak them/add more like House Dayne, Mormont, Karstark etc :)

Last edited:

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Hey, thanks for these! They look great!

Just to be clear, the single images you uploaded are 32x64 right? If so, I'll throw them into the upcoming update.

Oh awesome! Yep they’re all 32x64, I just enlarged them so you can see the detail here, I’ll send you the small versions

Fin

Playwright
hey cash, love em! great work!
1 quick little thing which is slightly bothering me from a graphic designer's standpoint: Could you add a little bit more empty space between the motif and the edge of the banner on the Baratheon, Tarly, and perhaps Manderly banners? I think the reason it's bothering me, compared to the others which are similarly close to the edge, is that they're illustrations without a border, like for instance a circle is (and lannister/greyjoy somehow feel nicely framed anyway). And as such i think they need a little more breathing space.

Howy

Royal Messenger
Could you also please add more detail to the bottom of the Hightower banner (image 8/17)? Due to it just being literally the Hightower on a grey field, it comes across as pretty boring (not your fault - grrm's fault). Maybe add something like the next image along on the Lannister banner (image 9/17)? With the bottom tip having a different 'ribbon' of colour?

Personally I think that the tower could be a pixel or two wider/taller, quite a bit of empty grey space around it. However, this could be resolved by the above suggestion of a ribbon at the bottom.

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
hey cash, love em! great work!
1 quick little thing which is slightly bothering me from a graphic designer's standpoint: Could you add a little bit more empty space between the motif and the edge of the banner on the Baratheon, Tarly, and perhaps Manderly banners? I think the reason it's bothering me, compared to the others which are similarly close to the edge, is that they're illustrations without a border, like for instance a circle is (and lannister/greyjoy somehow feel nicely framed anyway). And as such i think they need a little more breathing space.

Yeah I had to push those right to edge to get the proportions right, I only had so many pixels to work with, but I'll try making the banners two pixels wider to give them more of gap between the sigil and the edge.

Could you also please add more detail to the bottom of the Hightower banner (image 8/17)? Due to it just being literally the Hightower on a grey field, it comes across as pretty boring (not your fault - grrm's fault). Maybe add something like the next image along on the Lannister banner (image 9/17)? With the bottom tip having a different 'ribbon' of colour?

Personally I think that the tower could be a pixel or two wider/taller, quite a bit of empty grey space around it. However, this could be resolved by the above suggestion of a ribbon at the bottom.

Haha yeah I was going to ask if you had any requests for the Hightower banner, just treat it as a proof of concept for now and I'll try a few more options. I wasn't sure whether to go with a literal depiction of the Hightower, or just a generic "watchtower" as the description details.

Also Ark/Enah let me know your thoughts on the Tyrell sigil and what kind of flower you like best.

Howy

Royal Messenger
Yeah I reckon larger tower and just an added ribbon on the bottom, since the grey makes it flat. If you do make the tower larger (which I strongly recommend/request) please add the same beautiful shading you added to the Manderly banner, etc. Regarding whether it depicts a generic watchtower or the hightower, I reckon go for the Hightower but don't be too strict. I wouldn't base it too strongly off whatever our ingame one turns out looking like since its not been determined yet, but the classic 'tiered' and 'white' aspects of the Hightower (and the beacon on top) should show.

Reactions: CashBanks

Margaery_Tyrell

The Dark Lord Sauron
Tyrell sigil #1 is the best one imo, but it could use a little but more "pop" in the center the way that #3 has without it being as ostentatious.

basically merge #1 and #3

• Haha
Reactions: Adorkabley

EStoop

Knight of Fairmarket
Updates

Howy - I've expanded the tower and added some shadows to the banner plus a spiffy border.

Fin - I've widened the Tarly and Baratheon banners and shifted the Manderly trident to make more of a gap between the sigil and the border.

Enah - Non-HBO Tully for you

Marg - Is this one looking better?

You're like a machine mate, great work! Can I nitpick a little as well?
  • The Stark banner is using the HBO version as well (and looks a little offset to the left).
  • The middle 2 bands of the Lannister banner are still visable on the iron.
Do you have plans/motivation to touch the existing banners as well (except for the RK banner, Faith banner and Red God banner)? I was thinking to simplify them a bit so they do not have something that resembles a sigil (like the circles, fleur des lis, etc.) and are just a colour, maybe having them all in a similar style as well. That way they can be used in combinations.

EStoop

Knight of Fairmarket
I have a question regarding CTM, which is: How does it work?

Certain blocks connect only vertically or horizontally, while not both ways, while other do. Is it restricted to certain types of blocks? Is it possible to have CTM with different types of blocks? I'm asking since I think there might be cool possibilities.

To take the current bannerthing as an example, is it possible to make banners ctm? That way we can make banners of various lengths or sizes, and use them as something else such as canopy's, flags, garlands etc..