Approved Project Application: House Willum by Daenerys (update/redo)

DaenerysTargaryenI

Playwright
Pronouns
she/her
Hi guys!
I have decided to take House Willum as my first project! Because this is a foster project, I'm happy to be able to update/redo it! Some of the idea's/plans of Maci are still here.
I'll insert the link below and if there are any questions or something that I've missed, feel free to ask me!
All of my tests are on my plot at /warp daenerys, fly up to the second floor.

I hope you like it! - Dany

Project Application: House Willum by Daenerys

giphy.gif

Last edited:

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
Hoi!

I enjoyed reading through that application and would love to see some attention given to Willum and the Stormlands-Reach border.
However, it is unclear to me what is going to happen with the Willum caves, willum4 (a small hamlet) or the village of Willum2, all of which are either not marked on your map or cropped out of it.

There's also the issue of whether Kingsmine is part of Willum or not.

I'd also like to see plans that included some use of the lake and potentially the caves or maybe cellars in other caves/small defiles for preserving beverages and certain foodstuffs maybe (if you are going to keep the caves)?

I also think Hammerhal is not the place to be taking inspiration primarily from, but from Middlebury and Rhysling, the closest, newest projects in the area. Have a look around those two.

DaenerysTargaryenI

Playwright
Pronouns
she/her
Here is the map separately from the document!
(this might be better for people to see :D)

pink = castle/main village
purple = hamlets
blue = rivers
light blue = willum septry
yellow = fields
light green = trees/forest
dark green = knight estates/holdfasts
red = mines
brown = roads

qNiec2vLQ9nQwCgD0W2NUJx-KtyticdJJFqkkk1ssgHao-I_D4Y355pvv4cVwPmhWFnmmUCKg3kowDbaRuaqlgroPfCHu8vpoOjE-R0mFx2eL57UqBcmgMvvJ8ZfV7Vx5sz6uspI=s0

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
I still think the eastern part of the project is quite neglected. I know I've suggested it before but putting in some small farmsteads or the small halls of landed knights would be a really cool way to give life to the area and also create an interesting pattern of settlement! There's a really good example of a wealthy farmstead like building near tumbleton which has plastered interiors. Try checking that out! These wouldn't quite be holdfasts but would be fortifiable structures or displays of wealth and the occupant would traditionally be defenders of the reach border from Stormlanders

DaenerysTargaryenI

Playwright
Pronouns
she/her
I still think the eastern part of the project is quite neglected. I know I've suggested it before but putting in some small farmsteads or the small halls of landed knights would be a really cool way to give life to the area and also create an interesting pattern of settlement! There's a really good example of a wealthy farmstead like building near tumbleton which has plastered interiors. Try checking that out! These wouldn't quite be holdfasts but would be fortifiable structures or displays of wealth and the occupant would traditionally be defenders of the reach border from Stormlanders
Yes! I’ll write this down in my plans. Thanks for replying :)

Reactions: AerioOndos

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
So, I've had a look at the tests again and would like to repeat that it'd be cool to have the taller buildings look more similar to material at middlebury and rhysling as they're two close by, very good projects and have great examples of plotting.

DutchGuard

Shadowbinder
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
Hi Dany, I think you've really improved your tests and you have demonstrated a commitment to the project and the server which gives me the confidence to approve you for this project.

One of the hardest things to pull off is plotting so please double check with me before you start building a new area.

Also, you have mentioned that you are happy with the fields already existing, but I think you could make some improvements.

Remember you need another mod to approve before you can begin.

DaenerysTargaryenI

Playwright
Pronouns
she/her
Hi Dany, I think you've really improved your tests and you have demonstrated a commitment to the project and the server which gives me the confidence to approve you for this project.

One of the hardest things to pull off is plotting so please double check with me before you start building a new area.

Also, you have mentioned that you are happy with the fields already existing, but I think you could make some improvements.

Remember you need another mod to approve before you can begin.
Thank you so much Dutch! :)

Luk

Gullible
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
Hey xdaenerystargaryen

So we talked in game today, and i want to approve your application too!

I didn't feel to confident from reading the document yet, but after chatting with you in game, i think i saw that you
have a pretty good plan in your head already :)

Like Dutch said, pls check in with us on the plotting, and feel free to ask any of us for feedback on the fields or if you need tips on terraforming.

Just to summarize what we talked about, to keep track:

- Do not make the main village too big, keep houses low and not too fancy
- Keep the forest near the septry
- Add a forest in the big empty patch to the east
- Expand the main village a bit to meet the waterfront of the lake
- The main village should just have a small core with denser and higher-class housing
- Keep the caves to the north free of industry, should just be a nice immersion detail

Congratulations and Good luck on your first project :)

DaenerysTargaryenI

Playwright
Pronouns
she/her
Hey xdaenerystargaryen

So we talked in game today, and i want to approve your application too!

I didn't feel to confident from reading the document yet, but after chatting with you in game, i think i saw that you
have a pretty good plan in your head already :)

Like Dutch said, pls check in with us on the plotting, and feel free to ask any of us for feedback on the fields or if you need tips on terraforming.

Just to summarize what we talked about, to keep track:

- Do not make the main village too big, keep houses low and not too fancy
- Keep the forest near the septry
- Add a forest in the big empty patch to the east
- Expand the main village a bit to meet the waterfront of the lake
- The main village should just have a small core with denser and higher-class housing
- Keep the caves to the north free of industry, should just be a nice immersion detail

Congratulations and Good luck on your first project :)
Thank you so much Luk!! I'm really looking forward in making this project :p

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
Cool! Do you have any tests you can link in/post because that'd be a really cool idea for the central southern/eastern part of the project maybe?