Completed Project Application: House Cordwayner by ViserysII

ViserysII

Emissary
Pronouns
he/him
Hi all! I wanted to give a quick update!

So, I've been working on a new test for the keep. I wanted to move it a little further east and set it in a hill nearby the original location, and in the place where the castle would have been previously, I will add a hamlet of farmers. For this test, I discarded the idea of a manor and decided to do a fortified castle, it's heavily inspired by Stolberg castle, but with some modifications here and there, and one of them is a dry moat in front of it, I'll post some really cool inspirations that I found around the map.

One more thing, I did a house test made of birch wood, I'll be posting a pic of it as well!

You can find all the tests on my plot if u wanna take a look closer :D
Hope u like it!

ViserysII

Emissary
Pronouns
he/him
Hello guys!
I'm glad to say that the village is OPEN!!
Just take a look at the guides and enjoy c:
Thumbs Up Game Of Thrones GIF - ThumbsUp GameOfThrones Khaleesi GIFs

IMajic

Royal Messenger
Hi all, yes I'm back on the forums after a mhmm 'break' I guess[for a year]
So after looking around the server at current projects. I will be leading a few small projects and maybe even an immersive build if theres one I like the look off. As I've always liked planning out things i thought mini projects are a good way too to fulfil this.

So I'm applying for the small hamlet right in the middle of Hammerhall

Description: a small hamlet made up of 8 houses and a sept.
This currently is very close to the tanner 'down the road' so I thought some of them would work there and on the fields around the hamlet itself. There is no need of a well [overused] as there is a stream very close by.

There are descriptions/details on each house, I wanted each one to be unique, there is the house style guide above the test,{the test is at the top of my plot if anyone does want to view it in game.}

Attachments

• 2021-01-11_00.01.03.png
    2021-01-11_00.01.03.png
    866.8 KB · Views: 27
  • 2021-01-11_00.00.50.png
    2021-01-11_00.00.50.png
    802.4 KB · Views: 27
  • 2021-01-11_00.00.39.png
    2021-01-11_00.00.39.png
    934.9 KB · Views: 23
  • 2021-01-11_00.01.28.png
    2021-01-11_00.01.28.png
    486.9 KB · Views: 21
  • 2021-01-11_00.01.22.png
    2021-01-11_00.01.22.png
    379.9 KB · Views: 19

ViserysII

Emissary
Pronouns
he/him
Hey Maj!
Great layout and plotting! My only issue is that there are 3 plots that could be a bit bigger, I left a "note" block above them. So, as we already talked in-game and you showed me your plans in detail, I'm happy to approve!

Reactions: Ric

IMajic

Royal Messenger
Hi all,
The Hamlet is in place and set up.
/warp Harmmerhalhamlet1
8 house plots and 1 sept.
[closed] =until a moderator approves the hamlet.

Feedback from ViserysII
  • Enlarged 3 of the houses 1 block wider as they were to small.

Luk_emAn also gave some feedback.
'Make them more open and enlarge the garden yards' as I had made them 'out of style' with them being to small and boxed in.
so I had them
  • more open
  • shared
  • larger

So they fit with the new style of yards that are now done on the server.

ty, Maj

Attachments

• 2021-01-11_21.43.09.png
    2021-01-11_21.43.09.png
    996.4 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Nice plotting Maj, the big yards will work well and I like the detailed plot descriptions.

I've got a feeling this curved yellow plot may turn out a bit tricky with all the angles, particularly the roof, but see how you go with it, you can just swap it with a square/diagonal shape if it doesn't work out.

2021-01-14_22.43.42.png

But otherwise it's good to go!

Reactions: ViserysII

IMajic

Royal Messenger
Nice, thanks Cash.
I was looking around other projects yesterday and I liked how spaced out other hamlets were done in other locations.
[This was changed before your approval yesterday.]

Concerning the curved yellow cottage, I will add a note 'please test above' and 'do not do this plot until either plot next door has been completed'.
As to see hows it flows with the other cottages backing it, so a note block will be added.

Hamlet: Open
/warp Harmmerhalhamlet1

DutchGuard

Shadowbinder
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
Nice, thanks Cash.
I was looking around other projects yesterday and I liked how spaced out other hamlets were done in other locations.
[This was changed before your approval yesterday.]

Concerning the curved yellow cottage, I will add a note 'please test above' and 'do not do this plot until either plot next door has been completed'.
As to see hows it flows with the other cottages backing it, so a note block will be added.

Hamlet: Open
/warp Harmmerhalhamlet1

Make sure to try out our new open plot flag (TM) system!