Completed Project Application: House Cordwayner by ViserysII

Hello!
I'm applying for the tannery :)

All the steps I list below are/will be represented, this is still a WIP, but I'm applying now because there's a lot of ctm dependent textures I need so It would be better to do it, if it's approved, in place.

The following summary of the tanning process is adapted from here.

After removing the horns and hooves, and trimming unusable portions of the hide (belly, areas around head and legs, udders, and hide edges), the tanner washed blood, dung, and dirt from the hide.

Next, fat, hair, and flesh were removed—usually by immersion in a solution of lime or urine. (In sufficiently warm conditions, the hide could be sprinkled with urine and folded hair-side inward to encourage rotting of the hair follicles.)

After treatment, loosened hair was scraped from the hide with a blunt single-edged knife, and flesh was removed with a sharper, double-edged knife.

After rewashing, the hide was de-limed and and softened by one of two alternate processes:
a) an alkali-rich process of immersion in warm dog dung or bird droppings
b) drenching in a solution of barley or rye in stale beer or urine

The hides were washed again, then agitated in a solution of crushed oak bark. After being layered with ground bark, the hides were transferred to a pit filled with a weak tanning solution. Later, they would be moved to a tank containing a high concentration of tannins, in a process that required at least a year to complete.

After 12-18 months soaking in tannin solutions, the tanned hides were rinsed, and smoothed using a two-handled setting pin. Next, they were dried slowly in a dark shed before being sent to a currier, for stretching, shaving, and softening by the application of greases, sometimes brain.

Edit: Forgot to say, the test is in the last platform at /warp seri, and the grass was just for the pics I'll do some nice vegetation etc

Last edited:

ViserysII

Emissary
Pronouns
he/him
Hi! So I finished the tannery complex and it's ready for post-approval :)

Here are some normal screenshots, with some shaders at the end:

Had a lot of fun doing this mini, ty vis for the project!

Edit: FORGOT THE MOST IMPORTANT DETAIL... flies, it's been taken care of, and the in-game test has them placed
It looks amazing Seri good job! I post-approve this :D (wow nice screenshots btw)
The holdfast at Hammerhal is done and ready for post approval! :D
Nicely done Ever the hf looks really cute! post-approved ;D

ViserysII

Emissary
Pronouns
he/him
Hi all!
So, I would like to ask permission to redo the entire forest between Hammerhal and Honeyholt, it is very outdated and I thought an update would benefit both projects, especially because I have a mini directly affected by it (the logging camp), I spent some time modifying scripts (btw thanks Carc for teaching us how to make forests) and now I think they are good to go, I showed some tests to Emot to see if I could move my plans forward and he said I could go ahead and post everything here. The screenshots are on this link below but u can also check it out on my plot! Oh I just need to find a good script for the edges and run some tests so for now the edges are still wip.

-Vis

ViserysII

Emissary
Pronouns
he/him
Hello!
I'm so happy to announce that Hammerhal is complete and up for post-approval! I'd like to thank all the builders who in any way contributed to the project and helped me out along the way, I really appreciated it :D

I'll be posting here the main warps to make things easier:
  • /warp hammerhal
  • /warp hammertown
  • /warp hhham1
  • /warp hhham2
  • /warp hhham3
  • /warp hhham4
  • /warp hhinn
  • /warp hhmead
  • /warp hhhf1

Btw I'm gonna try to submit the wiki article asap!

Vis