Approved Project Application: House Cobb by InvertedWinger and JJLyric

DaenerysTargaryenI

Playwright
Pronouns
she/her
~Cobbham1
Hi JJ and Inv! I am applying for the /warp cobbham1 :)
I tried my best to come up with some good looking plots for this. There are 11 houses and 1 sept.

The warp for this testing plot is at: /warp daenerys --> you'll have to fly up to see it :)
Hope u like it!

-Dany

Attachments

• cobbham.png
    cobbham.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Visstick9

Storyteller
Hey,
I also tried making an application for cobbham1.
Unfortunately I don't really know how mini's work so if I'm doing anything wrong please tell me
There are 10 houses (4 farmers, 2 hunters, 1 barn, 1 butcher, 1 cheesemaker and 1 herbalist (if these last proffesions don't fit I change them to farmers/hunters) and 1 sept
The planning can be found at /warp visstick

Attachments

• 2021-05-11_14.44.01.png
    2021-05-11_14.44.01.png
    789.9 KB · Views: 12

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
Might want to add a bit more detail. Who lives in which house, how many people live there etc. What's the primary industry etc.

Flip90

Street Preacher
Hey Inv, JJ and Luk. I used the feedback and remade parts of my farm test. I was unsure on the material choice for the main barn building so I made 1 half out of stone and the other with daub and wattle. (One of the feedbacks was to not use more then 3 materials, so i assume you don't want the stone luk?) Please can you say what material is preference, many thanks - Flip.

New farm test can be found above the previous one at /warp Flip.

diitseiPertti

Messenger
Pronouns
he/him
I changed the plotting of my hamlet because i was told to. Still waiting for approval.

Attachments

• 2021-06-09_19.12.52.png
    2021-06-09_19.12.52.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 14

Jakethesnake8_8

Firemage
Pronouns
he/him
Hey, a bit of advice here! Your plotting currently crowds the road. If the houses have an overhang on their rooves (iirc Cobb's style has this) then there's really only one block of space for taller people or horses to go on. Secondly, the houses are all diagonal, which generally doesn't look too good. I'd suggest making some of the houses straight, and giving a bit of a margin along the road.

- Jake

Hey, a bit of advice here! Your plotting currently crowds the road. If the houses have an overhang on their rooves (iirc Cobb's style has this) then there's really only one block of space for taller people or horses to go on. Secondly, the houses are all diagonal, which generally doesn't look too good. I'd suggest making some of the houses straight, and giving a bit of a margin along the road.

- Jake
I agree with Jake, I would also advise to put more houses on the main road that goes from Cobb to the Stormlands, also only have the longer part of the houses face the street. Here's a picture of what I'm sorta looking for. Hamlet3 Diit.pngAlso as Aerio said put who lives in which house and also make a style test (you can copy from Sapper's hamlet) but assign which style to use for which house.
Also make sure to have a well.

Reactions: diitseiPertti

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
As a general rule, its often useful to try and have the majority of houses as 90d, rather than angled. This makes it easier to both make and critique interiors, as well as be creative with roof/loft space and Dormer's

Reactions: diitseiPertti

JJLyric

Playwright
Pronouns
he/him
Progress So Far
Village: Most of the houses have been completed and approved I believe there is 1 plot left at the time I am making this.
Ham1: WIP
Ham2: Complete, All houses approved
Ham3: WIP
HF1: Complete, Approved
HF2: Complete, Approved
Farmstead: Complete, Approved
Logging Camp: Complete, Approved
Castle: Planning stages, WIP