Abandoned Project Application: Clan Burley by Joseidon

Joseidon1

Poet
I am happy to announce that I made enough progress to open the plots at /warp burleyham1. (/warp burleycastle is NOT open) In addition to open plots, I have 1 available mini now (more will come as my terra efforts progress further through Burley). It is an now abandoned high altitude pasture ground that is used during summer (main inspiration herefore is from the Alps). The mini includes fixing the already existing snow terra around it.

Flip90

Street Preacher
Hey Jose, here is a mini app for the abandoned pasture hamlet, the terra i did in the tests is abit weird that's because it would be more linked to the mountains.

Map:

burleytest3.PNG

The red area is the area i plan todo the terra.
Blue are the buildings.
Orange is the path. (I forgot to draw the ways to the houses)
Green is the pastures.
Pink is a ruin, this could be a holdfast or sept but it is very crumbled.

House test and ruin test:

2021-05-11_09.45.39.png

2021-05-11_09.45.46.png

Visit /warp Flip to take a closer look.

Joseidon1

Poet
I don't like the ruined holdfast thing. The mini is located at the heart of Burley and protected by the mountains and other fortifications closer to the border, as well as being rather unimportant itself and being at the end of a road. I'd like to have it removed for approval. I have talked to Flip ingame about a little bit of the interior stuff and made slight adjustments. A change of the pasture space might be neccessary while the terra around it is wip, so I might give feedback while it is wip on that. But with those things considered, I would approve.

Flip90

Street Preacher
burleytest3.PNG

Updated map with Cross through the ruins, after I spoke to Jose in game.
Possible enlarging of the the pastures but cant really tell yet because of the terra work is still needed.

I will fit the pastures to the terrain, not the terrain to the pastures.

Flip90

Street Preacher
Hey CashBanks I wondered if you missed this, I would prefer to discuss in game but can try put together a more detailed plan if you cant get online to discuss it.

Flip90

Street Preacher
Second bump. I would prefer to discuss in game but can try put together a more detailed plan if you cant get online to discuss it.

Joseidon1

Poet
There are two additional mini's open now:
/warp burleyham2 is a larger hamlet (~10 houses). It has a pasture east of it in the mountains that can be done along with the mini. There should be only wooden houses here.
/warp burleyhf1 is a holdfast at the Southwestern border of Burley. The holdfast can include Square towers, Brochs/Beehive Keeps/something iron age style and ringforts, normal round towers are prohibted and will lead to rejection of the application. It also includes a small hamlet.
Both hamlets survive mostly on goat herders and their products (cheese and meat), but a hunter can also be present. Fixing the snow in the hamlet itself is part of the mini, the surrounding mountain sides are appreciated, but not neccessary.

Joseidon1

Poet
I approve the mini. There are some small terra mistakes nearby in form of long terrain set lines where they shouldn't, but they are my fault and will be fixed later by me.

Reactions: Flip90

Imic

Street Preacher
This is my application for the mini at Burleyham2.
Starting map 2.png
I laid the plots out at the actual site of Burleyham2 rather than at my plot, as the copy of the area at my plot was too small and I felt too awkward to say to Ravish that the second time he copied and pasted the area area was still too small of a selection, so I placed the plots at Burleyham2 and got rid of them once I took the screenshot. If this is approved, I'll stick 'em back up again. The Village contains 7 homes, as well as a communal barn for storing crops and cheese, and some sheds for their goats. It also contains the home of a local Wise Woman/Witch/Hag and her apprentice, acting as the local healer, delivering babies, tending wounds, healing livestock, etc. Any whispers about her conducting strange rituals deep in the woods at ancient weirdwood trees are rumours, and are not to be taken seriously if you value your life. She's just a healer, not a witch. I promise. I promise.

All the buildings will be made of wood in accordance to the styleguide at /warp burleyham2, and minor details of the small-scale local lumber industry should be present in places, though no buildings properly dedicated to the industry exist. I have decided not to add yards yet, since the terrain is awkward and unnatural in many places, and at least a little bit of terraforming in the small section of the valley where the village is situated will probably be necessary before any building starts. As one last note, I'm for now going to say that all the unmarked buildings are the homes of farmers/shepherds, but should I add a hunter or (at most) two, or is the local wildlife too thin for that?

Tests for the architecture may be found below, and at my plot at /warp imic.

2021-07-08_17.49.28.png
Hopefully I haven't forgotten anything, sorry if I have...
And I'll tone down the witch thing in future, she's just a Healer, I promise.

Joseidon1

Poet
A good amount of animals to hunt is actually canon for the mountain clans, so a hunter being there is appreciated (and mentioned in the mini announcement post as well as the project application). I am no fan of the window of the angled house, but otherwise it seems fine. I am OK with minor terraforming like flattening the valley inside, the current snow coverage serves more as an orientation than a final version. Therefore I'd approve it and ask one of my approving mods to do that as well.

Reactions: Flip90

Imic

Street Preacher
A good amount of animals to hunt is actually canon for the mountain clans, so a hunter being there is appreciated (and mentioned in the mini announcement post as well as the project application). I am no fan of the window of the angled house, but otherwise it seems fine. I am OK with minor terraforming like flattening the valley inside, the current snow coverage serves more as an orientation than a final version. Therefore I'd approve it and ask one of my approving mods to do that as well.
Thank you very much, and sorry for missing the info on animals being available to hunt. I'll pop on to modify the window design of the angled house in a couple of minutes, when I'm free.

Jeffjunior77

Printmaker
Hey i apply for Burleyhf1 here are my first tests!

Attachments

• 2021-07-11_13.44.31.png
    2021-07-11_13.44.31.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 18
  • 2021-07-11_13.44.35.png
    2021-07-11_13.44.35.png
    2 MB · Views: 15
  • 2021-07-11_13.44.47.png
    2021-07-11_13.44.47.png
    1,010.1 KB · Views: 15
  • 2021-07-11_13.44.51.png
    2021-07-11_13.44.51.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 16
  • 2021-07-11_13.45.05.png
    2021-07-11_13.45.05.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 17
Reactions: Luk and Flip90

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
I already gave this feedback in game, but you could experiment with having a larger bailey with a rammed earth wall (half wattle on top?) outside the stone wall, which might make the hillfort feel more visually interesting and set it apart from the other hfs like that.

Reactions: Jeffjunior77

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
This is my application for the mini at Burleyham2.
View attachment 9881
I laid the plots out at the actual site of Burleyham2 rather than at my plot, as the copy of the area at my plot was too small and I felt too awkward to say to Ravish that the second time he copied and pasted the area area was still too small of a selection, so I placed the plots at Burleyham2 and got rid of them once I took the screenshot. If this is approved, I'll stick 'em back up again. The Village contains 7 homes, as well as a communal barn for storing crops and cheese, and some sheds for their goats. It also contains the home of a local Wise Woman/Witch/Hag and her apprentice, acting as the local healer, delivering babies, tending wounds, healing livestock, etc. Any whispers about her conducting strange rituals deep in the woods at ancient weirdwood trees are rumours, and are not to be taken seriously if you value your life. She's just a healer, not a witch. I promise. I promise.

All the buildings will be made of wood in accordance to the styleguide at /warp burleyham2, and minor details of the small-scale local lumber industry should be present in places, though no buildings properly dedicated to the industry exist. I have decided not to add yards yet, since the terrain is awkward and unnatural in many places, and at least a little bit of terraforming in the small section of the valley where the village is situated will probably be necessary before any building starts. As one last note, I'm for now going to say that all the unmarked buildings are the homes of farmers/shepherds, but should I add a hunter or (at most) two, or is the local wildlife too thin for that?

Tests for the architecture may be found below, and at my plot at /warp imic.

View attachment 9882
Hopefully I haven't forgotten anything, sorry if I have...
And I'll tone down the witch thing in future, she's just a Healer, I promise.
Hey Imic,
These plans are looking good, once you've started I'd suggest taking some time to add some more detail and texture to the snow terrain around the hamlet. Rocks, trees, etc. Would be good to see some love paid to the communal centre square area as well, this like tables, work area, animal pen, stalls etc.

Aeks might have thoughts too but feel free to make a start and we can discuss in game.

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
I'd suggest integrating goat sheds into buildings, or connecting them to other buildings to economise on warmth.