Approved House Estermont by Jeff

Jeffjunior77

Printmaker
Me was told something else
I mean i just posted the app. It doesn’t mean it get approved before lonmouth is done as u said. But it can discussed and ppl can give feedback.
Jeff

Last edited:

Jakethesnake8_8

Firemage
Pronouns
he/him
Hi Jeff,

You can appeal to redo a project whenever, but you will need to wait a week after finishing Lonmouth before you can post your app for Greenstone if/when the redo appeal is approved.
The project needs to be in post-approval first.

This is also the case for Whitegrove and the Tor. Marg had to wait until WG was in post-approval before posting the app.

Reactions: Margaery_Tyrell

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Sorry, it seems like there was a miscommunication/conflicting information on our part in this thread.

Just to clarify, the rule is that people are supposed to wait until they've finished a project and submitted it for post-approval before posting an application for a new project.

You can leave the thread up due to the miscommunication, but it won't be considered for approval until you've finished Lonmouth. Feel free to bump it up then.

P.S. Just a word of advice - please make sure to take your time with the remaining parts of Lonmouth; the final immersive details are one of the most important parts of making a project that stands the test of time, and you don't want Greenstone to act as a "shiny object" that distracts from fully polishing off your current work. This project likely isn't going anywhere anytime soon!

RavishMeRed

Printmaker
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
Although this application is not considered for approval until the finishing of Lonmouth, I don't see the harm in discussing what plans he has already made. That goes for any sort of style proposal or discussion thread.
-
I really like the idea of implementing mossy slate details into roof designs but i dont think green slate achieves that intention. What is achievable in minecraft is very limited. I'm not suggesting you scrap the idea, but i think you should explore other solutions/possibilities. Cushion moss would be my suggestion, but the lighter green color could look weird. Play around with it, if it doesnt work out, no harm done. Hope this is usefull.

otty

Sorcerer
Pronouns
she/her
Hello!

I'm looking at your terra and I'm a bit concerned for its overall planning as for me it all looks a bit odd.

For most of the coastline, you have cliffs that are closely representative of something I'd think of in Ireland. In addition, you have two mountain peaks on this raised land. My question from this is: What geological process would cause mostly flat-topped cliffs and then 2 disconnected mountains? This would not happen naturally at the scale of which we are offered here. From my perspective, it all seems unlikely to occur and will likely look odd.

My suggestion is to have the mountain/mountains carry out to more coastline like in this image (Lofoten)
D1028_131_598_1200.jpg

Also, the dual peak is unusual with the way you have it. What is shown on your minimap is two individual peaks that slope down quickly to land flat enough for a hamlet/village. This is unusual as most twin peaks are within a mountain range — generally more connected and don't have vales between them.

Simply, I just haven't seen an island with many of the included features you have. If you have a reference for these decisions by all means, please go on ahead.
Overall if you wish to make changes after this, I'd suggest one mountain peak whose slopes go down to the coastline and for the northernmost part of the island the terrain can slowly slope upwards into a straight-edged and daunting cliff. I think something like the Faroe Islands here would be a fun set of inspiration for topography. However, I'd be careful with them as they're very unique so try not to get carried away with their special features :)

I hope this all makes sense!

Best of luck!

Last edited:

Jeffjunior77

Printmaker
Hey Otty!

Ty for ur idea and feedback!
For most of the coastline, you have cliffs that are closely representative of something I'd think of in Ireland. In addition, you have two mountain peaks on this raised land. My question from this is: What geological process would cause mostly flat-topped cliffs and then 2 disconnected mountains? This would not happen naturally at the scale of which we are offered here. From my perspective, it all seems unlikely to occur and will likely look odd.
Yeah ur right about this I made a mistake with the mountains and can flat them out like that. I had a wrong scale in mind and forgot sometimes the island is very small ty for fixing that mistake! The smaller peak I have is suppose to be like this: 770D13B3-6866-44C3-A04F-B1E118AE99D4.jpeg

so the higher peak goes down and then goes into a smaller peak. So u defiantly right !

Also my plan was to make the mountains carry out the coastline but maybe I didn’t make this clear enough on my ingame map bc I failed the scale of the island! I will rework my mapand maybe go with a less big offshoot of the bigger mountain.

The second mountain wasn’t supposed to be a lonely mountain it was more an offshoot of the bigger one! I’m sry I messed up my ingame map that didn’t show me rlly my ideas I will defiantly fix the map

and yeah I alrdy have Faroe Islands as one of my main inspiration as u see in my app. The first two inspiration pictures in tera as for the northern smaller part we’re the mountain flat out.

EDIT: I put some work into a new Map that u can see my plans better also recoment parts of ur feeback ! /Warp jeff i will add it to the app doc soon
Jeff

Last edited:

Jeffjunior77

Printmaker
Hey everyone it’s now a week since lonmouth is in post approvel!
So I can bump this up. The last weeks Since I posted this up I had awesome ideas and a clear vision of what’ve imagine for this island. I will add my ideas and concepts to my app the next days that I can show u what I have in mind :)
We have some more tera tests a Castle Test, a Castle grandite Test and some house tests.
all ok /warp Jeff.

i let u know when the app is again on a status that u guys can check it !
Greetings Jeff

jmcmarq

Envoy
Hi Jeff, i Would like to know, if can i redo the southern point hamlet (seaspur) both village and holdfast, i am asking this to you, because that was my first mini build in the server!, i will send you some test ASAP.

Jeffjunior77

Printmaker
Hey JMC,
The problem is that rightnow i don’t plan a settlement on the southern point.
a reason why i do this redo is because the small island is very very overpopulated. There are 2 towns and 2 hams and a castle what is way to much for the small island Rightnow. But I understand ur connection to this settlement so If aeks and my future second mod accept this we could add a small fishing ham 4-5 houses and a sept or a small guard tower/small knights keep that u can work on ur first mini again :) hope it’s okay for u and u are not to sad about ur mini :/

Jeff :)

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
I'm fine with whatever you want for there Jeff. A few small houses and a lower profile watchtower could work nicely without making the area seem too populated. similar to Wyland

Reactions: Jeffjunior77

jmcmarq

Envoy
Hey JMC,
The problem is that rightnow i don’t plan a settlement on the southern point.
a reason why i do this redo is because the small island is very very overpopulated. There are 2 towns and 2 hams and a castle what is way to much for the small island Rightnow. But I understand ur connection to this settlement so If aeks and my future second mod accept this we could add a small fishing ham 4-5 houses and a sept or a small guard tower/small knights keep that u can work on ur first mini again :) hope it’s okay for u and u are not to sad about ur mini :/

Jeff :)
No problem! as soon as your project gets approved, i'd go for the hamlet you said!, i be doing tests!

Thanks
Jmc

Jeffjunior77

Printmaker
Hey Everyone Time for a small update!

-Settlements:
* the plotting for the Habour is done and will be opened this weekend :) And yes i will mark my open plots

* the raw Tera for the First small fishing Ham is done! i will make a Forum Post when ppl can start testing and apply for it. jmcmarq ;)

* I hope i can finish the Mountains next week when i have alot of time. Then i can start prepare the hf that is located in the mountains as a kind of Watchtower to the Eastside of the island.

*Also i plan to build a Cave sept. It will be a mini or a Special build depends of the size i will need.

-Tera
*My main focus was on the east coast and the main Mountains. Rn i overhaul the Mountains and make them steeper and more like the Färör Islands.

*The Beaches will be Stone/pebble beaches with stones unveiled with seawead and kelp. The Beach slowy turns into grass were some smaller tree will be located. ( First Tests are made yet.

*The Goal is to make the main Mountain like this:
Färör island.jpg

* also i plan a small steam that comes from the mountain.

Greetings Jeff :D