Completed Hawthorne (lemonbear and Antalex)

lemonbear

Nymeria
Staff member
Pronouns
she/her
I'd rather not port everything in the previous thread over, but here's a thread for Hawthorne. The previous thread is here: http://testwesteros.enjin.com/forum...oject-application-hawthorne-lemonbear-antalex

This is the application (it's kinda outdated at this point).

WVxjlkX.jpg

List of Mini Projects:

The building style for the hamlets should primarily be the poor or lower class town styles. The farm houses should be in an Italianate stone style, but the outbuildings can be in D&W. The areas allotted to the farm houses are approximate. If you want more space, please make your plans clear in your application. There are also several special builds inside the town itself.

Hamlet 1 (/warp hawthornehamlet1) - Small farming hamlet (3-5 buildings); on the border with Ferren lands - Lyliana

Hamlet 2 (/warp hawthornehamlet2) - Farming hamlet (5-6 buildings); mainly glean what they can from the nearby fields, and rely on the goodwill of the septry - Enahsian

Hamlet 3 (/warp hawthornehamlet3) - Farming/Agrarian hamlet (5-6 buildings) - Majic

Hamlet 4 (/warp hawthornehamlet4) - Logging hamlet (3-5 houses, lumber complex); make sure to have evidence of logging work (e.g., felled trees and tree stumps) - TedTomstone

Hamlet 5 (/warp hawthornehamlet5) - Mining hamlet (3-4 buildings) - polopolo

Hamlet 6 (/warp hawthornehamlet6) - Fishing hamlet (3-5 buildings); some of the houses are abandoned, relatively poor, EDIT: contains a clay production area/facility - TalpaAltaica

Farm 1 (/warp hawthornefarm1) - Main supplier of flax fiber for cloth (linen); also raises sheep, shears them and sometimes sells them - lemonbear, Majic, BalrogSlayer

Farm 2 (/warp hawthornefarm2) - Makes parchment - uses cows and goats - qBBQ

Farm 3 (/warp hawthornefarm3) - Raises work animals (horses, donkeys, mules), sells them in town - _Benja

Farm 4 (/warp hawthornefarm4) - Pretty heavy on agriculture - otmis25

Septry (/warp hawthorneseptry) - Take inspiration from: http://tn.nova.cz/clanek/toskanska-vesnice-je-na-prodej-dostanete-i-prilehle-vinice.html#g_511277
Has a large field of lavender and kitchen gardens behind it. Large, but relatively modest. The septons live devout lives.
- jmcmarq

Winery Complex (/warp hawthornewinery) - The main area should have a wine press area and a main residence, as well as a barn for work animals (donkey, horse, etc.). The houses to the West belong to workers in employ of the winery. They tend to the animals and grapes, and mainly do hard labor. - lemonbear

Windmill Complex (/warp hawthornewindmill) - 2-3 houses, a granary, and a windmill. - CashBanks and lemonbear (lemonbear gave permission in game)

Quarry 1 (nearest warp is /warp hawthornehamlet5) - Sajjetta, otmis25, lemonbear

Quarry 2 (nearest warp is /warp hawthornehamlet5)

If someone likes quarries and wants a bigger project, you can combine Hamlet 5 with the two Quarries.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Antalex

Enah

Skinchanger
Hello, I would like to apply for Hamlet 2. As they are basically destitute and charity cases, these folks will have very little, the style will be absolutely the same as the rest of Hawthorne's lows, and there will be a few bushes. if needed i will make house tests.

3QbwxOc

here is the map link

Reactions: EStoop and nubcaker

lemonbear

Nymeria
Staff member
Pronouns
she/her
We need a new approving mod (possibly two?) because EStoop stepped down (and carcinogenius is very inactive).

Reactions: Antalex

Wazgamer

Lord Paramount of The Riverlands
Pronouns
they/them
I approve enah's hamlet, because all his work is fab! Also as Carc is inactive right now I'd be happy to fill in for him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Antalex and EStoop

qBBQ

Street Preacher
Lemon asked me to do Farm 2 (parchment making facility).

Tests are beginning at /warp qBBQ. Buildings/areas will include:
- livestock pens for cows and goats
- animal skinning and temporary meat storage (skinned animals will be carted off and sold to local butcher)
- skin prepping/salting/smoothing room
- skin stretching racks
- warehouse/storage for carts, salt, tools, etc.
- owner's residence/mansion (they are quite well-off)
- workers/farmhands houses
- a well (unless there will be a stream/river nearby)
- workers' rest area

Style will be like hawthornewinery with inspiration taken from kltanner. Test to be done sometime this week and application to be posted soon after.

Last edited:

lemonbear

Nymeria
Staff member
Pronouns
she/her
@Enah The hamlet is looking pretty good. Can you just finish the yard dividers (hedges, fences, whatever) and put a bit more life into the grassy areas around the hamlet? I'm particularly talking about in front of the bread house and behind the diagonal house. These open spaces look a bit odd without anything there. And you could make some of the roofs have a bit of wear and tear. For example, the bread house could be partially sunbleached or have some water damage on the roof, or a thatch roof house could be a bit disheveled. I've also sometimes used wattle fence on top of d&w to indicate places where the daub may have worn away to reveal the wattle underneath.

Enah

Skinchanger
Nifty ideas! So, i made the bakehouse appear as if it had had a fire, so theres some smoke damaged and charred roof areas. there's a laundry area in the green now, and a small area to the north of the bakehouse for composting... i actually hadn;t thought of that grass to the north as part of the hamlet, but i will come up with something for it! i did fence along the road at it though so there's that.

Last edited:

Enah

Skinchanger
ok they are all done. the wooden roofed house has a part of the roof falling off, idk how good or bad it looks so feel free to change it :D i think it's done then.