Completed Hawthorne (lemonbear and Antalex)

lemonbear

Nymeria
Staff member
Pronouns
she/her
@Thamus_Knoward Deep Den is a pretty old finished build, and I don't know if anyone is currently working on tests for a new one, so it's probably fine for you to mess around with those lands. I believe @Ramen is working on Ferren, and @jmcmarq is working on Bushy.

In general, I'd like this to get started sooner rather than later if possible.

Thamus_Knoward

Shadowbinder
Just a quick follow up, I realised that the terraforming in the valley was super tricky due to enormous height variations of the valley floor from periodic dips/ depressions. I also noticed that oddly enough the valley further west from deepden (i.e higher up in the mountains) is lower than east of it and the goldroad there transforms into a monstrous beast which with its painfully contorted body scares every traveller by quietly wailing "kiiiiillll meeee".

Fixing that is a pretty large terraforming effort, which would be further compounded by my desire to preserve Deepden and Yew.

Hence, unless the mods in their eternal wisdom can concoct a different solution, I will limit my terraforming to start just slightly east of Deepden.

In preparation I've begun filling holes in the terrain and raising parts of Ferren to lie on a flat surface rather than in odd ditches. With your permission I'll gradually move south to continue prepping the terrain like this.

Reactions: lemonbear and Enah

lemonbear

Nymeria
Staff member
Pronouns
she/her
I'm fine with this, although I would like it if @Ramen could have a say (since the stream will go through his project). Idk if you were looking for my permission, since the changes don't affect Hawthorne, and hence I will defer to the mods and all their wisdom.

Thamus_Knoward

Shadowbinder
I'm looking for your permission wrt raising the terrain even in occupied areas. Take a look at ferren-town a this is where I've already done this.

Btw, I have done this previously at Fawnton, where Galivis and Davinator had built the entire town a ditch leading the river to flow uphill. This is just to reassure you that I can be sufficiently careful and precise.

Reactions: Lyliana

Ramen

Faith Militant
I'd prefer for the planned river to not go through the middle of the village at Ferren, and instead follow this path:
d66a53bf33.jpg

lemonbear

Nymeria
Staff member
Pronouns
she/her
The river and its course look good to me! What kind of instructions are you looking for RE: proceeding in Hawthorne lands?

Reactions: Antalex

Antalex

Bard
Hey waz ! Hum with the work in university I didn't play since 1.5 month at least...
But vacations are coming and I will come back a little. Then atm for me the project is on a break

lemonbear

Nymeria
Staff member
Pronouns
she/her
I've also been pretty busy, but I try to come on every once in a while to work on it. I've been mostly focusing on nature stuff because I can now place grass and trees and things with WE. I'm also largely working on furnishing the castle and building Hawthorne Farm 1, and I'm waiting for @Thamus_Knoward to do some work on the canals/river/stream before giving Zoso (if he's still our editor) the go ahead to do the forests.