Approved Central Westerlands megabuild (Tarbeck Hall, Sarsfield, Oxcross, Hornvale) by lemonbear

lemonbear

Nymeria
Staff member
Pronouns
she/her
Scubooty : I finally had a chance to take a look at your tests! Sorry it took so long. Overall, they're a really good start. Just have a few notes:
  • I'd like you to use the terrain a bit better. Rather than just flattening the entire area, the inn complex can be on a bit of an incline from the road.
  • Use the space behind the inn a bit better. Maybe you could push the inn further back. Maybe move the veggie garden behind the inn. Maybe add an annex building or meat smoking building or something else. Your idea for a stream might work, but I'd need to see your plans for that as well.
  • Add a separate building for the innkeep's residence. It doesn't have to be big.
  • Replace the vertical wood on the exterior of the 2nd floor of the inn with the plaster palette or the new Lannisport timber blocks (I'd prefer the lp timber blocks). It'll help transition to the area around Lannisport.

Scubooty

Bookbinder
Scubooty : I finally had a chance to take a look at your tests! Sorry it took so long. Overall, they're a really good start. Just have a few notes:
  • I'd like you to use the terrain a bit better. Rather than just flattening the entire area, the inn complex can be on a bit of an incline from the road.
  • Use the space behind the inn a bit better. Maybe you could push the inn further back. Maybe move the veggie garden behind the inn. Maybe add an annex building or meat smoking building or something else. Your idea for a stream might work, but I'd need to see your plans for that as well.
  • Add a separate building for the innkeep's residence. It doesn't have to be big.
  • Replace the vertical wood on the exterior of the 2nd floor of the inn with the plaster palette or the new Lannisport timber blocks (I'd prefer the lp timber blocks). It'll help transition to the area around Lannisport.
Made some changes but the Hydrology might have to wait for me to see if you approve it so I can work with the terra a bit more.

Tommo

Bard
Heya Everyone!

I've heard conflicting things about this, but it's on the map under available minibuilds so here is my app for /WARP HVGATE!!!

COMPONENTS
Here is a facade for the gate, also included would be a stable/barn for travellers passing through and for herders, as well as some food stores above (PINK SQUARE).
A signpost marking the direction to nearby locations and a small well (STAR) will be there as well.

TERRA
I will trace the path to follow the current terrain, the only modifications should be a minor flattening for the base of the gatehouse and around the front of the stable, as well as vegetating the area.

Have a look at the pictures below and let me know what you think!

Cheers,
CC :--)
2020-12-09_16.59.57 copy.png
Screen Shot 2020-12-09 at 5.28.53 PM.png

lemonbear

Nymeria
Staff member
Pronouns
she/her
Tommo : Sorry about the delay. I work at a university, and things have been really busy lately getting stuff ready for next semester. I'll have more time to look at your tests starting tomorrow.

Just a note, though. I realize I haven't put a description of exactly what I want for the gate in the thread, so you were working the best of your knowledge. However, I intended the gate to be primarily a military feature. It is the only road into the rather vast Brax lands, and the first area beyond the gate is a forest. Most Hornvale herders would likely use the valleys within the Brax lands past the forest rather than going in and out of the gate, and Golden Tooth herders wouldn't really have a need to go into Brax lands for similar reasons. So, while I think it's okay to have a small structure for military horses or guards to sleep in, I think it should be more built-in to the wall/gate house than a separate building.

Otherwise, I think you tests are pretty good (from what I can see in the picture). There are a few stylistic things I would change, but they're something we can talk about in-game once you amend your overall plans.

AerioOndos / IronGentleGiant : Are you still working on a test for the gatehouse, as well?

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
I also approve!
Just with the test, tiny point but there's maybe scope to add a little more grass back into the area so it's a little less uniformly dirt/gravel and naturalise it slightly. Grass would be trying to grow in everywhere that wasn't a thoroughfare.
1608984900300.png

lemonbear

Nymeria
Staff member
Pronouns
she/her
Current available minis:

/warp sffarm1 - A farm complex that does general agriculture.

/warp sffarm4 - A farm complex that raises sheep, has a sheepfold, and uses the pastures on the opposite side of the road. They also take their herds to some of the high mountain pastures for grazing (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpine_transhumance).

/warp sfquarry - The quarry from the original Sarsfield project. The quarry/mines themselves need serious updates, and auxiliary buildings (including storage, a smelter, and anything else) need to be added.

/warp sfseptry - A septry built by the Tarbecks during their prime. This one is in much better repair than the septry on the border with Drox because Sarsfield aided the Lannisters against the revolt. Primarily houses septons, but there are a few septas (including silent sisters for tending the dead). The septry has a large garden with medicinal herbs and functions as a hospital.

/warp sfhamlet1 - A small herding hamlet. They don't have much money, but they live off the land with their goats and sheep. They take their herds to some of the high mountain pastures for grazing (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpine_transhumance).

**NEW** /warp sfham3 - A hamlet/village with a guard tower and sept built by the Tarbecks. About 2 day trip from Lannisport. Can use the new LP small brick timber blocks along with the normal palette.

/warp sflogging - A logging camp with accompanying lumber mill. The camp is located right at the edge of a pretty big forest, and they sell wood and logs in the nearby communities and to the septry.

/warp hvgate - A big old gatehouse that guards the only road into Brax lands. It is primarily a military feature.

Last edited:

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
With the alpine transhumance settlements, should there be a number of empty buildings because it is still the end of summer and the herders might still be up in the mountains?

lemonbear

Nymeria
Staff member
Pronouns
she/her
Yeah, there certainly can be. Of course, we do have to assume that seasonal transhumance probably works on a different schedule due to the extremely long seasons, so it could also be possible that they cycle several times over a season and at the current time are back in the area around Oxcross.

Scubooty

Bookbinder
I am here to apply for Sfham3, it will be some fishers and then farmers and your regular run of the mill people. The Sept will be a Special build and the Tower is already done by me and included with the images. I would also like to do a stone bridge across the river to the south thereby connecting the roads. In the map the Red areas are to represent where houses will be (with yards) on the main road, due to the steep terrain yards and the number of houses will be smaller.
Note: I will be including a few uses of the new Lannisport Timber framing into a few of the palletes

xoxo Scub

JJLyric

Playwright
Pronouns
he/him
I'm applying for a small herding hamlet, SFhamlet1

The builds are 1 Barn, 1 Farmer, 1 Weaver, 4 Herders. The pink is a small animal pen and the yellow is a veggie patch witch is used by everyone in the hamlet.
See /warp jj and /warp jjlyric to see the hamlet

Last edited:
Reactions: DutchGuard
Months after first looking at it, Im finally applying for sffarm4, the sheep farm. I don't know why, but I rather like sheep farming builds (just search "sheep" on the forums lol). I've chatted with you, Lem, once or twice in game about it and have tried completing most of it before applying, but I figure you will probably have some feedback anyway. You can check it out on my plot and see an overview of everything that's going on. I still need to complete the worker housing, the cheese/tallow building and gardens (as well as whatever other changes you want), but anyway, without further ado:

2021-03-11_17.22.26.png
Fig.1 : Overview:
Manor, Two worker houses, Wool facility, Wool barn, Abbatoir&Butcher's, Cheese/Tallow facility, meat/cheese storage, gardens, horse stall, three sheepfolds:
one for ewes and wethers, one for rams, one for work (shearing, selection, breedingand gelding)
2021-03-11_17.24.39.png2021-03-11_17.24.23.png
Fig. 2. : Manor House (based a bit on Castello degli Shiavi) with Office and Kitchen wings_______Fig. 3. : hollowed-out cheese/mutton storage
2021-03-11_17.23.04.png2021-03-11_17.23.14.png2021-03-11_17.23.30.png
Fig 4. : Sorting, Washing, Teasing Carding of Wool__________Fig. 5. : Spinning and Weaving______________Fig. 6. : Wool facility storage_____________

lemonbear

Nymeria
Staff member
Pronouns
she/her
JJLyric : It's been a while, but I approve of your hamlet!

StanateeManatee : Just a few comments here (I'll leave more specific ones in-game when I can get on the server)
- I'm not the biggest fan of the manor house. I'm also not sure of using Castello degli Shiavi as inspiration, since it was built in the 1700s.
- The walls around the complex are extremely "bubbly" and unnecessarily messy.
- There are unnecessary diagonal buildings where straight ones would fit perfectly fine.
- As a whole, if I approve your mini app, I will expect you to adjust your complex to fit the area rather than just pasting your test wholesale into place. I can foresee things looking a bit unbalanced in context.