Approved Central Westerlands megabuild (Tarbeck Hall, Sarsfield, Oxcross, Hornvale) by lemonbear

lemonbear

Nymeria
Staff member
Pronouns
she/her
Small update: I'm adding a new mini project along the River Road: /warp sfinn! It's an inn complex about 2-days' journey from Lannisport and 1 day away from Oxcross. It's nestled in the hills at the base of a valley, and it'd be cool if you can use the terrain to your advantage in some way.

** EDIT: Adding another mini project on the River Road! This one is a farm complex (/warp sffarm4) that raises sheep, has a sheepfold, and uses the pastures on the opposite side of the road. They also take their herds to some of the high mountain pastures for grazing (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpine_transhumance).

-----------------------------

Minis list:

/warp thhamlet3 - Abandoned/ruined mining hamlet that was destroyed 40 years ago during the Tarbeck/Reyne rebellion. There are overgrown or closed mines in the mountains behind it and an abandoned quarry nearby. Could be partially reclaimed by bandits, homeless people, or miners trying to start up the mines/quarry again.

Sarsfield castle (near /warp sarsfield) - The original inspiration for the castle is San Marino. I love San Marino, so it'd be great if you keep that inspiration, but I'd be happy if you just keep it to the same mountain range indicated in the app. It should silhouette nicely with the mountain. When planning out the castle keep in mind what already exists in the town and what will be added. There is a large guard post and barracks in town already. Additionally, there will be a slightly wealthier part of town on the road leading up to the castle separated from the rest of town with a small gatehouse. There will also be a basin lake in the basin behind the ridge the castle should sit on.

/warp sffarm1 - A farm complex that does general agriculture. bobbycatfisher : Are you still planning on doing this?

/warp sffarm4 - A farm complex that raises sheep, has a sheepfold, and uses the pastures on the opposite side of the road. They also take their herds to some of the high mountain pastures for grazing (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpine_transhumance).

/warp sfquarry - The quarry from the original Sarsfield project. The quarry/mines themselves need serious updates, and auxiliary buildings (including storage, a smelter, and anything else) need to be added.

/warp sfseptry - A septry built by the Tarbecks during their prime. This one is in much better repair than the septry on the border with Drox because Sarsfield aided the Lannisters against the revolt. Primarily houses septons, but there are a few septas (including silent sisters for tending the dead). The septry has a large garden with medicinal herbs and functions as a hospital.

/warp sfhamlet1 - A small herding hamlet. They don't have much money, but they live off the land with their goats and sheep. They take their herds to some of the high mountain pastures for grazing (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpine_transhumance).

/warp sflogging - A logging camp with accompanying lumber mill. The camp is located right at the edge of a pretty big forest, and they sell wood and logs in the nearby communities and to the septry.

/warp sfinn - An inn complex about 2-days' journey from Lannisport and 1 day away from Oxcross. It's nestled in the hills at the base of a valley, and it has a lot of traffic due to its prime location on the River Road.

Last edited:
Reactions: bafflement

Vickon_Greyjoy

Bard
I would like to apply for the sfhamlet1.
its my first mini project.
the red colour is the village, the blue is the mountain trail and the yellow/orange is the general grazing area.
i made some pictures of the planned out village but there too big to upload.
but it's on my plot. i'm really sorry for this.
are there any other things i need to do?

Attachments

• Schermopname (3)_LI.jpg
    Schermopname (3)_LI.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 18
Hey Lem, I would like to apply for /warp thhamlet3!!!

White- Abandoned quarry, as well as 2-3 tents for bandits moving in.
Green- Forest and overgrown vegetation/ It will take up most space on open areas.
Red- Abandoned/destroyed houses, I'm thinking 4 unless you think more or less should be included.
Yellow- Abandoned and closed mines.
-Although not included, I was thinking adding a small pond/wetland (1 block high) where water can collect, as well as small stream heading down the hills, colored in purple.
IMG_1334.JPG
House test-
Screen Shot 2020-09-01 at 5.04.59 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-09-01 at 5.02.58 PM.png

lemonbear

Nymeria
Staff member
Pronouns
she/her
Vickon_Greyjoy and Kai Everlast : I finally have some feedback for you! Sorry it's taken a while. I still haven't been able to come on the server, so I'm going to be basing my feedback on what you posted here. You can also try sending me stuff on Discord if you're having issues with file size and what not.

Vickon: I need to see more detailed plans for this hamlet, like number of buildings, what type of buildings, etc. I also don't really care for where you put the grazing area. It's not very accessible as it's on a steep hill and across a deep ravine. In my mind, the grazing areas would be south of the River Road in the high valleys over there. And potentially a closer one on the same mountain and side of the river but a bit further south.

Kai: In general, I like your plans and tests. A few notes, however: The abandoned quarry mentioned in the description is the one on the left hand side of the image. If you're going to put another one in, I'd want it to look extremely similar to the one already existing in terms of the pebble layers, etc. I like the idea of bandits moving into the area. Maybe they could be cutting down trees to build a wooden palisade or some wooden defenses?
fortress-tower-medieval-village-museum-vikings-wooden-palisade-102756530.jpg
I would probably also move them further towards the entrance of the valley area (at the very least where the ruined houses are) because they're already out of the way and pretty decently hidden.

For the houses, I would also probably have the majority of them be more abandoned than damaged (the amount of green in the ruins is great, though). The ones you have are proper ruined, and I think more of the stone parts would still be intact even after 40 years and even after the hamlet as a whole was destroyed (i.e., the mines probably would've have been the priority for destruction rather than a few peasant houses). I do think that the thatch would be pretty much all gone at this point, and I definitely wouldn't mix dark thatch with light thatch.

Last edited:
Hey Lem, thanks for getting back to me and no worries there's no rush. I realized I forgot to ask about the quarry on the left, I do agree that since there's an existing quarry nearby, there wouldn't need to be another one, so I won't be included it into the mini...I really like the idea of the bandits building the palaside, and I would do as you asked for the houses... Thanks again for getting back to me, I would start working on it soon!

Reactions: lemonbear

lemonbear

Nymeria
Staff member
Pronouns
she/her
Hey Lem, thanks for getting back to me and no worries there's no rush. I realized I forgot to ask about the quarry on the left, I do agree that since there's an existing quarry nearby, there wouldn't need to be another one, so I won't be included it into the mini...I really like the idea of the bandits building the palaside, and I would do as you asked for the houses... Thanks again for getting back to me, I would start working on it soon!

Can you make up a new house test and a quick palisade test?

lemonbear

Nymeria
Staff member
Pronouns
she/her
Kai Everlast : Ok, these look good! I'm going to approve but also ask you to keep a few things in mind: The stream you indicated in purple should be more like a muddy drainage ditch as Scubooty suggested, you should smooth out some of the terrain (I was starting to work on that before I took my break), and you should wait for me to approve your plotting in-game before you start actually building.

Now you just need to wait for another mod's approval!

Reactions: Ric

Vickon_Greyjoy

Bard
okay so this would be the layout.
1599659029604.png
the pink are grazing areas the red is the hamlet.
i will put a barn at closest grazing area.
1599659174380.png
here i planned the hamlet. houses(red) and the sheds(orange). Roads(blue), place for sheep to sleep(yellow) and the pink is the outside grazing area in the village.
hope everything here looks good?

lemonbear

Nymeria
Staff member
Pronouns
she/her
The plotting needs a bit of adjustment, but I can work with you on that in-game. I approve!

Now just to wait for approval from another mod!

Reactions: Scubooty