Completed Application Thread: House Varner Redo by Jakethesnake

Sapper

Playwright
Well my other mini is almost done so I can just wait or not I don’t have anything else to do at sapville except wait

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
You have to wait for your other hamlet to be approved then you can begin on the next one *once* it is approved.
Stuff you have to apply for is not like plots, you can’t do multiple of the same thing at once. E.g. I couldn’t lead 2 minis at the same time, or 2 projects or two immersions.
However, with special buildings you have to test for you can have many going at once e.g. a longhouse in flint, a clothhall in lannisport etc

Jakethesnake8_8

Firemage
Pronouns
he/him
had some trouble getting the dynamap to cooperate and update all the chunks, but the east of varner is getting the tlc it needs. I've plotted but not opened some minis. from the top left to the right there is a fishing hamlet along the river, a lumberjack camp, a septry and another hamlet and holdfast.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-12-17 at 22.54.25.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-17 at 22.54.25.png
    798.5 KB · Views: 24

Aino

Envoy
Pronouns
she/her
Hoi, so im applying for a hamlet which doesnt actually have its own warp yet. Its composed of 21 houses, two barns (one relatively large and the other quite small), a sept, and hamlet. I wanted to do something a bit different than the rest of varner so the town center is comparably dense with the structures sharing walls and being of a different style. Here are the tests and plotting (files too big to post in the thread)

Reactions: StanateeManatee

Veggie

The Old Bear
I feel 21 houses may be too much for a hamlet, especially as some of the house tests feel somewhat more urban than the rural hamlet/location would suggest.

Would be interested to see further plans on how a sizeable hamlet would inform terraforming/immediate surrounds too.

I know a lot of this project is pending the terraform of the river, so ultimately I would be keen to see this river done first, or at least completed in this area before the hamlet begins.

Veg

Aino

Envoy
Pronouns
she/her
On close-studding, if it’s not allowed within this region, then that needs to be addressed not just with my tests, but for the main town of Varner and the previously approved hamlets, for they all use close-studding as well.

Reactions: Endymion

DutchGuard

Shadowbinder
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
On close-studding, if it’s not allowed within this region, then that needs to be addressed not just with my tests, but for the main town of Varner and the previously approved hamlets, for they all use close-studding as well.
Ah I see. Care to comment Jakethesnake8_8 ? This is the first I've heard about it. There is no mention of it anywhere else in the thread or in the application.