Approved Mega Project: Upper Honeywine (Brightwater Keep, Roxton, Hastwyck) by Margaery Tyrell

Margaery_Tyrell

The Dark Lord Sauron
, I find it to be a much better way of going about feedback. Sometimes giving FB privately can lead to modifications in projects that end up taking the community by surprise, as there's no record of a discussion about the matter ever happening.​

That's all fine and dandy, had the full scope of information about the project been known, which it wasn't as per my posts above and the lack of knowledge that you and a few other builders have demonstrated, giving feedback without proper information or context is the equivalent of declaring the color of wallpaper while having your eyes closed. Privately asking a builder what their intentions are for the project *before* making a public forum post would've successfully accomplished this.

A simple "Hey Margaery, what do you have in mind for the castle location" or "What are those three giant yellow concrete balls labelled Tentative Castle Location for?" would've been enough for me to say "Oh I haven't decided" and "Those are the three proposed locations for the castle, I haven't decided yet but in the meantime I've been working on terra and settlements in the meantime". Even just visiting the project would've sufficed.

I suggest dropping the subject for now, I am uninterested in engaging this subject any further and will not do so any longer. Your suggestions have been taken into consideration, and you have succeeded at dissuading me against a coastal castle, so you and the others can rest easy in knowing you have accomplished changing another person's project.

Last edited:

Azulejo

Bloodmage
Staff member
I have visited your project. I as you know built you a house a week ago in Hastwyck, and I strolled around the lands too. As I said before, I missed the fact about the yellow balls being possible castle locations, being deceived by what I read in the app and the balls' different sizing, which made me think one was for the castle and the others for different structures, instead of going right to them to see if there were any signs specifing it.

Having said that, I don't think there's a need to act like missing that makes my suggestion or anyone elses' additions to it completely out of place, unprepared or contex-lacking. The forums, as I said before, are a perfectly valid place to reach the builder about their plans without the need of middle steps, and stand corrected if they were assumed wrongly.

Besides that, I don't see how anyone questioning one of the possible spots (wheter they decided to do it publicly or privately) is seemingly received negatively, specially given that according to what you have said it was something you were questioning already.
"Oh I haven't decided" and "Those are the three proposed locations for the castle, I haven't decided yet but in the meantime I've been working on terra and settlements in the meantime"​
This would've sufficed as a reply to any of the posts left here. Obviously you can question them (you are meant to in fact, and you rightfully did so), just like I can reply back, that's the beauty of constructive feedback.
Your suggestions have been taken into consideration, and you have succeeded at dissuading me against a coastal castle, so you and the others can rest easy in knowing you have accomplished changing another person's project.​
No need to frame it now like I or anyone else coerced you into it, nor imply that people suggesting changes on other's projects is undesired, meddling or overstepping. That includes me or any other mod, any builder or even a guest, if they have something worth sharing. I myself was a very active guest in the forums before fully joining this community and I would like to think my contributions at that time weren't out of place. It has been done time after time and that's part of participating in a collaborative effort like our server. I shouldn't be explaining this.

This whole interaction falls under a bigger issue regarding giving and receiving feedback that is not meant to be discussed here. It is indeed time to stop.​

Last edited:

Margaery_Tyrell

The Dark Lord Sauron
I have a mini for people to apply for. Per usual it must have at least 1 mod approval and approval by myself. I will be looking at applicants as they come in, please place it on your plot and mark if you are applying on the forums and on the build details marker

zH5EhyU.png

It is a humble rural vineyard operation. Full details can be found at /warp HastwyckVineyard

7JG7

Playwright
I have a mini for people to apply for. Per usual it must have at least 1 mod approval and approval by myself. I will be looking at applicants as they come in, please place it on your plot and mark if you are applying on the forums and on the build details marker

zH5EhyU.png

It is a humble rural vineyard operation. Full details can be found at /warp HastwyckVineyard
Hey, I've got a test for this vineyard on my plot at /warp SerSeven. The only thing I haven't done is add trees, bushes and grass.
2024-04-07_15.48.35.png
2024-04-07_15.48.20.png