Westeroscraft Texture Pack Megathread

Thamus_Knoward

Shadowbinder
otty was that something that worked before and is now broken?

IIRC they used to overlay but I can't remember in which specific order they worked.
Made overlays for all main and alt terrain sets. There is a hierarchy to the overlays, meaning that some override others. It is a branched order roughly visualizable like this: North> Iron Islands > Eastern Islands > Mountains of the Moon < Westerlands < Reach > Arbor/Dorne > Red Mountains < Stormlands. All of them overlay River and Ocean.

Could you checkout /warp terrainsetset for me and post a pic here for debugging?

Thamus_Knoward

Shadowbinder
Westernlands Alt terrainset does not blend with regular Westernlands. I think it would be useful aswell if it blended with both arbor/dorne and reach (in regular and alt variations).​

This is a consequence of there not really being a directional slab variant defined in the mod, so I made sure that the firewood slab is correct when used from the perspective of firewood stacked side-by-side. The sides all have the end texture for the same reason (so the block can be used in stacks of either direction). I've assumed that this is fine, since the sides of a stack of firewood would need to be covered anyways.

I can look into that particular case in a future update, but there's a specific reason why some of the terrainsets can't connect with each other that Thamus_Knoward could probably explain better than I. I think something breaks with the overlay if you end up with a cycle in the connections.

Like Emoticone11 said, Azulejo there cannot be circular references.

The current overlay order is this:

North> Iron Islands > Eastern Islands > Mountains of the Moon < Westerlands < Reach > Arbor/Dorne > Red Mountains < Stormlands. All of them overlay River and Ocean.

It might be due to a bug that Westerlands Alt is broken right now and not giving you the expected behaviour.

Check out /warp terrainsettest to see the blocks that SHOULD overlay next to each other.

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
Just gonna try and voice this before making a request. What is the view on a wooden shingle block that could be used for walls as well? Like how Stave churches and some vernacular architecture of the carpathians have shingles covering some walls.

I'm mostly thinking this might be a useful block to add because it allows for creating textured interior spaces with decoration, which would be incredibly useful in the North, Cape Wrath and Cracklaw Point, as well as in constructing wooden vaulted ceilings.

EDIT: Included image

https://img.locationscout.net/images/2017-02/borgund-stave-church-norway_l.jpeg

Last edited:

RavishMeRed

Printmaker
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
Just gonna try and voice this before making a request. What is the view on a wooden shingle block that could be used for walls as well? Like how Stave churches and some vernacular architecture of the carpathians have shingles covering some walls.

I'm mostly thinking this might be a useful block to add because it allows for creating textured interior spaces with decoration, which would be incredibly useful in the North, Cape Wrath and Cracklaw Point, as well as in constructing wooden vaulted ceilings.
I feel we would have to very much limit its usage similar to the pink stone blocks, as I can see it being used as a replacement/addition/substitution for wood plank sections and potentially outdate a lot of projects. I think limiting the request to a certain region/style would be most favorable. That being said, denying or accepting a block request due to potentially outdating a project(s) can and should be taken with a grain of salt unless people are willing to help update things.

Azulejo

Bloodmage
Staff member
Hey @Elduwin,

@Emoticone11 recently reminded me of this post of yours, could you open an official resource pack request if you haven't?

Until then I'll leave this here:
ss+(2021-08-02+at+09.05.18).png
edit: And there's a huge variety of fish mentioned in AWOIAF in the Shivering sea
"salmon, wolf fish, sand lances, grey skates, lampreys and other eels, whitefish, char, shark, herring, mackerel, and cod." Crab and Lobster too.

Just here to bump this up and suggest that, if this gets added, we also add at least a CTM whiskerfish (catfish), canon for the Greenblood. Since that river would use Mushroom Island biome, as The Arbor and Southern Reach do, instead of making it biome dependant I think it would be best to make it a separate block. I'm not as aware on other canon fish outside of Dorne, but I think having some salmon, squid and other fish variants like what Aek's mentioned would be awesome. It would add so much life to our rivers, lakes and coasts.

I can make this into a formal request, if needed.