Completed House Lonmouth by Jeff

Nomorefun_

Royal Messenger
i have problem with your amber idea, it is canon that they have amber? also amber is mostly connected with water area, because amber create deposits in water and them is transport by storms inland so it have no sense to have amber mining from side of landmass.

Bovine

Playwright
Pronouns
he/him
I hate to bring this up after you have done all your planning, however, if house Sweet supports Stannis at the onset of the War of the Five Kings does it not make more sense that their lands are closer to Dragonstone? I can't imagine a minor lord going all the way through the potentially hostile Stormlands and Crownlands, or sailing all the way around Cape Wrath to answer Stannis' call. This is more of a comment for our benevolent mods, perhaps the location of the house could be moved? I suppose it is also possible that Lord Sweet joins Stannis after Renlys' death but I can't really think of any of those lords who followed Stannis north except for maybe Peasebury.

Reactions: zac

DutchGuard

Shadowbinder
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
Your resume is not listed in your application document.
i have problem with your amber idea, it is canon that they have amber? also amber is mostly connected with water area, because amber create deposits in water and them is transport by storms inland so it have no sense to have amber mining from side of landmass.
Actually, amber can be found quite far inland, even in mountainous areas. See Burmese Amber.

I hate to bring this up after you have done all your planning, however, if house Sweet supports Stannis at the onset of the War of the Five Kings does it not make more sense that their lands are closer to Dragonstone? I can't imagine a minor lord going all the way through the potentially hostile Stormlands and Crownlands, or sailing all the way around Cape Wrath to answer Stannis' call. This is more of a comment for our benevolent mods, perhaps the location of the house could be moved? I suppose it is also possible that Lord Sweet joins Stannis after Renlys' death but I can't really think of any of those lords who followed Stannis north except for maybe Peasebury.
I agree with this, even though I was the one who placed Sweet where it is currently. I recently sliced off a section of Parchments borders so I am considering moving Sweet there where they have more access to the sea.

That said, the area Jeff is applying for is a great spot for a house, even if it's just a made up one. It doesn't look like Jeff has planned anything canon specific within his tests so far (not that Sweet has much going for it).

Though Dutch already mentioned what I had in mind, I'll just add on to what was said:

Amber mining: It is not limited to be found on ocean/sea side or any body of water... Much Amber can be found in land, in places like the Dominican Republic known for being one of the most prominent places where amber mining takes place, amber can be found in cliff sides, or just any terrain overall. However, if you are going to include Amber mining that's not near any water, at least a forest must be added, as such amber comes from fossilized tree resin.

I also agree that House Sweet location should be swapped elsewhere due to their side in the war, especially since its location is not known, besides it being in either Stormlands or Crownlands. An alternative can be using this app and location for a different house who's location is also unknown, such as House Bush.

As for your resume, a resume must include: minis, Immersions, projects, and any other build that holds major importance to canon that you have built previously. You currently listed things your app consists off.

Last edited:
Reactions: zac and Bovine

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
Its a cool app, I do really like it. Only real issue I have is with the economic map.
When it comes to the other regions, it provides plenty of detailed information. For the stormlands, it provides little and distorted information, lacking a number of key features.
I'm not trying to take a dig at you and your research, Jeff. Just pointing out that the source you used was imperfect. Absolutely brilliant for the other regions but shoddy when it came to the Stormlands.

Yes, the Stormlands has a reasonably low population for its size but can still gather an army of around 30000. Before the Great Spring Sickness House Dondarrion is able to muster up 4,000 men alone, despite having a modest castle in the Marches. Also, the lands on Cape Wrath are quite fertile, the issue is that peninsula is scarcely populated and densely forested.
The other issue is that the map provided on the website is that the amber locations are placed either in the red mountains or west of them. This is only partly following canon. I'd think that the ancient forests (i.e. the Rainwood) of Cape Wrath would have produced amber, rather than the mountains or grasslands of the Marches. In fact, that's what the World of Ice and Fire says.
"As the marches are famed for their strong castles and their ballads, the Rainwood is known for its rain, its silences, and a wealth in fur and wood and amber."

Another point is that your project is near one of the major (and few) river trade routes of the Stormlands. The Slayne River, which flows south into the Sea of Dorne.
Evidently, this area is not up to date with the canon for the river but regardless, think about maybe adding a mountain pass to link it to that route. Amber mining does not require digging into rock most of the time. Because amber is fossilized tree resin, it will most often be found in soil or sand. This is the same for the amber found in the mountains of Burma. Its dug/dredged up out of the valley's soil, rather than mined in a usual sense.
Here are some images of amber 'mining' in Burma and its impacts, along with its impact in Ukraine.
1621219175823.png1621219184691.png1621219197710.png
1621219681867.png1621219699149.png

Jeffjunior77

Printmaker
Well ty for the Feedback about the Amber mine.
It was mine Mistake that i didt Research enough.
But this is not a Big deal i can change it easy.
But i want still keep the Mine idea bc the Tera is perfect for it.

Maybe i can change it to Iron/Bronze or Copper.
About the Path, i will add a mountain path to the route i just have to check my Map and Redo it then.

IMajic

Royal Messenger
Hi Jeff, a good start for the application and it's cool you are thinking of doing a project.

Just a note here,
It would be good to see a lot more tests:
  • Industry tests
  • Maybe terra tests? so we can see how you will update the land.
  • More house tests, you should show Lows class houses, low class cottages and show at least a few different looks/materials like different roofing material.
Take a look at /warp felwood and have a look at how Kor is updating the land, the new styles of the terrain, the houses and castle.

I would show some more (research) inspiration pictures for the terrain. I see you have one picture of a large rock, but it would be nice to see other things like forests and a streams and other castle pictures.

Also update your document with the missing features and I would also divide the content by page. so you have a more structured document.

Thanks
maj