Westeroscraft Texture Pack Megathread

Hello, here is a small album of some random things in the new texture pack.
I think the coolest thing is the halfdoor block floors, which will look great in fancier places. Also, the ceiling beams with the wall blocks look amazing imo. One thing that I may be misunderstanding in the changelog is the tool block changes... when I placed daggers and cleavers and stuff they didnt have any changes...

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
One thing that I may be misunderstanding in the changelog is the tool block changes... when I placed daggers and cleavers and stuff they didnt have any changes...

That was a change I made before the whole block remodelling hype. The model is the same, just the texture is a little different- less ornate, no gold handles, etc.

EStoop

Knight of Fairmarket
I took a look but for some reason the test client is horribly laggy for me. Everything looks fine though.

Margaery_Tyrell

The Dark Lord Sauron
Found these in the ConquestReforged list, just to be considered to be added in?

conquest_stone_nocollision_2_variant_juliet.png

a clay vase or urn

conquest_stone_nocollision_2_variant_charlie.png

an astrological globe

conquest_stone_nocollision_2_variant_bravo.png

an hourglass (existed as early as the 8th century by a Frankish monk named Liutprand who served at the cathedral in Chartres, France.)
conquest_stone_nocollision_2_variant_echo.png

A pile of silver coins

conquest_wood_nocollision_1_variant_delta.png

Bundle of arrows

conquest_wood_nocollisiondamage_1.png

Bundle of spears

conquest_nomaterial_nocollisionlight5_1.png

A swarm of fireflies
conquest_plants_nocollision_3_variant_hotel.png
conquest_plants_nocollision_3_variant_golf.png

BUTTERFLY BLOCKS
conquest_cloth_nocollision_1_variant_mike.png

A board with a slice of cheese

conquest_cloth_directionalnocollision_1_variant_alpha.png

Noose

conquest_ice_nocollision_1_variant_echo.png

Golden goblet

conquest_ice_nocollision_1_variant_hotel.png
conquest_ice_nocollision_1_variant_india.png

Wine glasses

The following are also suggestions from the Cocricot Resource Pack I've brought up before so that everyone has a complete list if they haven't seen them already.

object131.jpg

A red rose for courting and gardeners
object31.jpg

A model ship
object23.jpg

Quill and Ink well

object66.jpg
object65.jpg

Baskets of bread
object84.jpg

Wooden trellis

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Last edited:

EStoop

Knight of Fairmarket

Fin

Playwright
Damn.

Keep it up! My only feedback is that the turquoise by Lefford, Melcolm, Wylde and Merlyn is too bright.
Might be a bit counter-intuitive, but perhaps you could work in the CMYK color-space instead of RGB, then convert it back for the export (it'll do it automatically). CMYK dulls the colors a bit..

Thamus_Knoward

Shadowbinder
In general that would be my only criticism and I recommend that you keep all the banners in a place where you can simulatenously apply changes to all of them! Also, another recommendation which will make all of your work uniform and fitting with our blocks, is to keep a consistent palette of colours between each banner and the WOOL blocks!!

I can't stress this enough but using for instance the shades of yellow from the wool block on all of the yellow banners will mean that they can be brought into immediate context with the wool blocks in game, which allows users to abstract them and establishes a clear connection to visitors!!

Great job otherwise!! :)

Emileld

Messenger
Great update!

A few things:
- the marble walls and thin marble columns weren't updated with the rest of the walls -- they still have holes in them when you stack or use them; was that on purpose?
- same for all the log walls.
- could we maybe consider adding a lannisport light brick wall for the Westerland's sake? :)
- the Targaryen banner has a white pixel on its left side that I'm fairly sure isn't supposed to be there.

Thanks a lot!

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
- the marble walls and thin marble columns weren't updated with the rest of the walls -- they still have holes in them when you stack or use them; was that on purpose?

This is intentional; the textures for the two marble walls are formatted differently than the rest of the wall blocks, so it glitched when the new model was applied. It can be changed in the future but since marble wall blocks are generally used as pillars rather than walls I didn't deem it necessary.

same for all the log walls.

Also quite intentional. Log walls with the new model applied just looked terrible; it ruined wood palisades using the block.

- could we maybe consider adding a lannisport light brick wall for the Westerland's sake? :)

Definitely.

the Targaryen banner has a white pixel on its left side that I'm fairly sure isn't supposed to be there.

Would have to double-check, but it's probably a mistake. Also @CashBanks , I think the reds on some of the banners (Targaryen, Tarly, etc.) should be toned down a little bit in brightness as well.

Enah

Skinchanger
the Oak vertical planks 4107:0 cannot be WE'd in, they turn to lava, have nto tried the others of that type yet

Enah

Skinchanger
[/QUOTE]

Would have to double-check, but it's probably a mistake. Also @CashBanks , I think the reds on some of the banners (Targaryen, Tarly, etc.) should be toned down a little bit in brightness as well.[/QUOTE]

I like the targ redness, but tarly def needs toned down, and the Tyrell one needs less yellow more gilded feeling, it looks too fake and synthetic as is

EStoop

Knight of Fairmarket
Could we work the same magic we did on the wall blocks to make arrow slits actually 3D, so they are not invisible from the top and bottom (and interior). Same goes for window blocks that follow the same principle.

Could we also add wood variants of windows? Places where they would work really well, especially if we can make them 3D, are dormers and windows close to eachother.

Which brings me to my third question, could we add glass pane to window blocks?

Reactions: Elduwin and _Simbaa

_Simbaa

Printmaker
Could we work the same magic we did on the wall blocks to make arrow slits actually 3D, so they are not invisible from the top and bottom (and interior). Same goes for window blocks that follow the same principle.

Could we also add wood variants of windows? Places where they would work really well, especially if we can make them 3D, are dormers and windows close to eachother.

I support that!

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
the Oak vertical planks 4107:0 cannot be WE'd in, they turn to lava, have nto tried the others of that type yet

4107? That isn't a valid block ID. Did you make a typo or were people trying to WE in 4107 in-game?

Could we add the ornate arrow slit variants for the light grey stone and/or the small stone bricks?

Sure

What would such a re-model look like? The problem here is that filling the interior block in any capacity would require turning arrow slits into a directional block, which we simply have no way to do (it's impossible to do a script replace because there is no way to derive intended direction from a single ID- unless we do some fancy machine learning technique using adjacent blocks but I'm not sure if that's immediately feasible or not.

Theoretically yes, but I think this has been brought up in the past and we've had some reservations about the looks of the block and also the usual concerns about outdating previous builds.

This would depend on your first question, though I'm also not sure that it's necessary- many of those small windows would not have had glass, would they?

Excellent job cash! Are we omitting crownlands great houses because they would just use Baratheon or Lannister banners?

Also, falling water blocks are not animated for me

Last edited:
Reactions: AerioOndos

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Excellent job cash! Are we omitting crownlands great houses because they would just use Baratheon or Lannister banners?

Thanks, hmm there was no deliberate intention to omit the crownlands houses, I just went off the list of in the Appendix which groups them by their respective Great Houses. I think I put most of the crownlands houses under Baratheon and Stannis, but let me know if there's any notable ones missing.

I'll tone down the Tarly reds and have a play with the Tyrell rose tonight.

SMP

Faith Militant
Had some thoughts about possible unique blocks for the Dreadfort redo...
  • Skeletal hand holders for torches.
    • Cool bit of canon, and unique to the Dreadfort (I doubt they'd have a justifiable use anywhere else). Not really able to be replicated via blocks.
  • Hanging flayed skins.
    • Guests often ask about the flayed skins room in the Dreadfort. Very iconic and also unique to the Dreadfort. We'd have to be careful to make them not look like hanging dead people or whatever, or else they'd end up everywhere.
  • Bolton style crucifix.
    • The ones made of stairs/walls/fences are fucking huge and ugly. A simple 2x2x1 or 2x1x1 cross model wouldn't look too out of place imo. Very iconic, especially to the show watchers.