Westeroscraft Texture Pack Megathread

Thamus_Knoward

Shadowbinder
But wouldn't it make sense to get a more stable block now? One that only has the water texture and "no-collision" set to true, so that we can have a stable bock to work with that we can replace with a block with the desired behaviour later down the line?

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hmm, perhaps, but I'd rather ensure that we can easily replace it down the line. I'm also afraid that having the block act differently would affect the ways people use it, or on the other hand, prevent us from using it the ways we did before, like creating rapids for instance.

Margaery_Tyrell

The Dark Lord Sauron
There are two water block id's btw, one is flowing water and one is water source block.

Both can be "layered" but the flowing water block makes the water drip particles and flowing water sounds. I'm mentioning this because I notice a lot of places with water layers that utilize flowing water where source blocks would be better.

• Haha
Reactions: Adorkabley

Elduwin

Skinchanger
Staff member
Actually fuck it, since you mentioned that I'm going to add wet sand layers as well (with the same texture as the wet sand block, not the biome one).
Honestly, it's always good to have more options, but I'll continue using the sand layers / blocks with biomes, the transition is much smoother between wet and dry sand with biomes than with the blocks.

Reactions: lemonbear

Thamus_Knoward

Shadowbinder
Emote, did you make a distinction between fountain-strength vertical water and waterfall-strength? I haven’t seen the block yet but I think this distinction should be made because a fountain won’t have the flow rate of a waterfall and I‘m predicting that this will be an eventual usecase of the block.

Perhaps there should be a small wheel type block for fountains and steams, a medium half door type block for drops btw 2-10 blocks and large vertical halfslab cuboid for anything taller than 10 blocks. Each block could then eventually get a distinct texture for different flow rates and strength? All of which would be substeps of the full block of falling water.

Last edited:

Margaery_Tyrell

The Dark Lord Sauron
Love the vertical water flows!

With 1.12 we also now have terracotta blocks that can be used to make 4x4 designs for floors and walls.

Also can we retexture beetroots into leeks?

• Haha
Reactions: Adorkabley

EStoop

Knight of Fairmarket

I am currently working on a complete list for new flower and crop blocks based on the list of common herbs and crops I made a short while back.

It's currently on hold though, untill I get my irl planning in order. In any case, I'd wait a little untill that is done, especially since there are already other blocks queued like the Oldtown blocks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Elduwin

Margaery_Tyrell

The Dark Lord Sauron
How the water blocks look on a fountain

UFXjPbj.png

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Emote, did you make a distinction between fountain-strength vertical water and waterfall-strength? I haven’t seen the block yet but I think this distinction should be made because a fountain won’t have the flow rate of a waterfall and I‘m predicting that this will be an eventual usecase of the block.

Do we need to be that pedantic about it? From what I remember those textures were pretty hard for you to make since they involve complicated animations, and from what I tested in-game the same textures seem to work fine for fountains (also people can just use the two low-flow variants out of the four I added for fountains).

Love the vertical water flows!

With 1.12 we also now have terracotta blocks that can be used to make 4x4 designs for floors and walls.

Not investing anything into retexturing any more vanilla additions, there's just no point and they almost always end up being more restrictive than just adding our own custom blocks.

Reactions: CashBanks

Thamus_Knoward

Shadowbinder
Do we need to be that pedantic about it?

My stance on that right now is yes. Whatever helps us to pin the usage of a block to a single case makes us more future-proof. But then again, I didn't know you had added 4 different types.

From what I remember those textures were pretty hard for you to make since they involve complicated animations, and from what I tested in-game the same textures seem to work fine for fountains (also people can just use the two low-flow variants out of the four I added for fountains).

The texture was difficult to make because the water block has some internal logic that uses a vertical half of the animation strip and mirrors that. This made it difficult to modify the animated water texture for the use on a block that doesn't have that hardcoded logic.

Are you using the tiles of Alyssa's tears for the 4 fountain variants? In general, if the blocks that we introduce to the pack are labeled and fashioned in a way that allow a single use only, it is no problem at all to come in later and improve the texture...

Steineke

Mummer
Would it be possible to get a black variant of the stormlands dark cobblestone block, and corresponding wall blocks, stairs, slabs, etc? I am currently working on a gradient for Wolf's Den, which has black walls according to canon, and have tried a lot of different things so far, but nothing which I really like. Using only basalt and bedrock is way too monotone. Northern cobble in small patches does not mix that well with bedrock, and dark cobble is just too light to use. Another black block, with something like the dark cobble texture would be perfect, and could also be useful in a future harrenhal redo.

Reactions: Enah

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Could we have thatch walls as well? Not gonna lie, I'm purely asking so I can make my mills work.

Don't see why not tbh, originally I didn't do it because of the issue with walls, but if we're fixing that it should look nice on rooves and wouldn't mess up anything too much.

Speaking of which, @Thamus_Knoward do you think your wall fix is ready to be implemented once I get back?