Westeroscraft Texture Pack Megathread

Thamus_Knoward

Shadowbinder
Don't see why not tbh, originally I didn't do it because of the issue with walls, but if we're fixing that it should look nice on rooves and wouldn't mess up anything too much.

Speaking of which, @Thamus_Knoward do you think your wall fix is ready to be implemented once I get back?

You're still on the road :O Man I thought you'd be back already! I've done the vanilla walls, iron rungs and regular ladders so far. I wanted to give furnaces and household items a go, but I haven't had the time yet because in addition to making the models I also have to remake the textures slightly. If you want to wait for a big release that could be it, if not, I'm happy to only show you how to implement the wall model change in WesterosBlocks.

Reactions: Fin

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
You're still on the road :O Man I thought you'd be back already! I've done the vanilla walls, iron rungs and regular ladders so far. I wanted to give furnaces and household items a go, but I haven't had the time yet because in addition to making the models I also have to remake the textures slightly. If you want to wait for a big release that could be it, if not, I'm happy to only show you how to implement the wall model change in WesterosBlocks.

One more week! I wanted to have Mike push the stuff on test, but given the amount of changes I still have to do it's probably best to just make a stable version as soon as I return.

Anyways, could you send me the stuff for the walls & how to do the same changes for the WB walls? I think the wall fix is the most important block remodel right now.

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Some more banner tests. I'll just keep updating this post as I chip through the AWOIAF's list of notable houses.

Honestly it's no trouble to make these, I don't even mind if I make one and it's later decided they're not large enough to warrant their own banner. May as well have a go now while Emote is still testing the new texture update.

Last edited:

Fin

Playwright
I love the work you're doing, but I just hope you realise that this'll become your job: You'll likely end up having to make a banner for every house in Westeros, because if we don't draw the line at the Major Houses (e.g. Stark, Arryn, Tully, etc.) we won't be able to stop: There's no other line that can be drawn, without someone being able to argue for exceptions or precedents and it'll trickle down until we've got every single house on the continent.

Now, while I personally love the thought of that (it contributes to the individuality and recognisability of each build, but also makes the surrounding lands more distinguishable from one another, which might be useful in an RPG), I just want you to realise the task you're signing on to.
Also, if someone can think of another line that can be drawn, please enlighten us. (And please don't say town-builds-only or only-major-houses-according-to-TWOIAF or similar. Be reasonable; that's not gonna happen)

Reactions: Pixeld_ and Elduwin

Emileld

Messenger
Also, if someone can think of another line that can be drawn, please enlighten us. (And please don't say town-builds-only or only-major-houses-according-to-TWOIAF or similar. Be reasonable; that's not gonna happen)

"I don't think we should have a banner for every house, only banners for those builds I'm doing or want to do in the future" - every goddamn builder on this server.

Unless Cash decides he wants to do all of them (which would be a huge undertaking and really shouldn't be forced on him), I really don't think we should have banners for lesser houses, only for the main houses. It's just not sustainable.

Reactions: Wazgamer and Enah

Ramen

Faith Militant
I think it would be perfectly fine to start with houses that are important to the story (Bolton, Frey, Tarly, Mormont etc) and just work down from there one step at a time, and let Cash stop whenever he wants. It seems silly to just completely stop at the great houses when Cash has already made 10 more banners, and is willing to keep making more.

Even if only a relatively small amount of builds were to get their own banners, I don't feel that it would in any way detract from the value of the builds that didn't get their own banners.

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
I think it would be perfectly fine to start with houses that are important to the story (Bolton, Frey, Tarly, Mormont etc) and just work down from there one step at a time, and let Cash stop whenever he wants. It seems silly to just completely stop at the great houses when Cash has already made 10 more banners, and is willing to keep making more.

Even if only a relatively small amount of builds were to get their own banners, I don't feel that it would in any way detract from the value of the builds that didn't get their own banners.

This was more or less my impression, if the House has notable mentions in the books or are otherwise acknowledged in canon as controlling significant territory I don't see an issue.

Besides I think we've already made decent progress, we've now got banners for: Banefort, Belmore, Bolton, Caron, Caswell, Crakehall, Dayne, Dondarrion, Frey, Harlaw, Hewett, Hightower, Karstark, Lefford, Mallister, Manderley, Marbrand, Mertyn, Mormont, Penrose, Redwyne, Rowan, Royce, Tarly, Tarth, Terrick, Wull, Woodwright, Yronwood.

Last edited:

Margaery_Tyrell

The Dark Lord Sauron
Some more banner tests. I'll just keep updating this post as I chip through the AWOIAF's list of notable houses.

Honestly it's no trouble to make these, I don't even mind if I make one and it's later decided they're not large enough to warrant their own banner. May as well have a go now while Emote is still testing the new texture update.

House Woodwright is notable? I would've chosen Fossoway before them.

• Haha
Reactions: Adorkabley

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hey everyone, sorry that this is so long overdue, but:

The block update is completely done and is now on the Test client! Please give it a look ASAP so we can get it on the Production server in a couple days. Just leave a comment if you notice anything wrong, and leave a comment if everything seems fine.

The full changelog:

-Added block versions of wood half door texture
-Added light thatch and dark thatch wall blocks
-Added stair, slab, hopper, wall, fence variants for stormlands cobblestone
-Added basalt cobblestone and stair, slab, hopper, wall, fence variants
-Added sand layer blocks for wet sand, stony sand, and wet stony sand
-Changed normal ladder to have 3D block model
-Changed wall blocks to have flat vertical model when stacked
-Fixed dry and wet pebble textures being mixed rather than seperate

-Added pebble sand blocks & layers corresponding to each terrainset
-Added "done" and "WIP" utility blocks
-Added wall and fence oxidized bronze blocks
-Added brick-only version of "Small Bricks Ornate Top" block
-Added ash as custom block (to prevent it from disappearing under blocks)
-Added stone slab wall and fence blocks
-Added reach pink brick stairs, slabs, hopper, wall, fence
-Added stormlands brick stairs, slabs, hopper, wall, fence
-Added iron door variants of each wood type
-Added northern wood half door and hopper block
-Added wall blocks for each wood plank type
-Added window-type arrow slits for reach pink brick and stormlands brick
-Added ornate-type arrow slits for reach pink light stone and stormlands brick
-Added highgarden pink veined marble
-Added highgarden pink and green plasters
-Added vertical (ladder-style) falling water blocks
-Added banners for each of the great houses