Westeroscraft Texture Pack Megathread

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Ahh right @Thamus_Knoward @mdmeaux , I totally forgot you made two seperate versions and just put all the tiles in random CTM.

Do you think we need both the dry and the wet versions? Or did we already decide on one of them? Can't quite remember.

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Also are we gonna get a halfdoor block?

Yeah we will, Stoop's post was made after I left for vacation but I'll add it once I get back.

@Thamus_Knoward @Emotione11 are we going to have pebbles layers?
also, why not having a wet/dry with biome instead of/in addition to the 2 distinct blocks? like with normal sand/sand layers

No point really, best to allow complete control over blocks. Actually fuck it, since you mentioned that I'm going to add wet sand layers as well (with the same texture as the wet sand block, not the biome one).

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
BTW, here's the changelog as promised:

-Added pebble sand blocks & layers corresponding to each terrainset
-Added "done" and "WIP" utility blocks
-Added wall and fence oxidized bronze blocks
-Added brick-only version of "Small Bricks Ornate Top" block
-Added ash as custom block (to prevent it from disappearing under blocks)
-Added stone slab wall and fence blocks
-Added reach pink brick stairs, slabs, hopper, wall, fence
-Added stormlands brick stairs, slabs, hopper, wall, fence
-Added iron door variants of each wood type
-Added northern wood half door and hopper block
-Added wall blocks for each wood plank type
-Added window-type arrow slits for reach pink brick and stormlands brick
-Added ornate-type arrow slits for reach pink light stone and stormlands brick
-Added highgarden pink veined marble
-Added highgarden pink and green plasters
-Added vertical (ladder-style) falling water blocks
-Added banners for each of the great houses
-Changed tool blocks to be more realistic
-Changed oak shutter to be similar texture to oak door

I was thinking more along the lines of a water saturated pebbles block: https://goo.gl/images/Lrggdj
This would be excellent for riverbanks and stony pools like you were talking about Tham. It'd just be a regular block with some small rock textures overlayed on a water texture. Perhaps we could even have a pebble density gradient, and use CTM so that you could choose which way you wanted the denser edge to go up against.

Reactions: Iwan

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Last ditch request: could we get a sand-type water block for puddles, creeks and low ponds?

Not atm, since there's no block model for "water-like sand layers" (at least using the JSON)

Wouldn't that make every single one of our builds outdated more surely than any other block we could add?

We've actually been using those already for ages; if you use a metadata (1-7) of water it makes it act like a sand layer. The only problem is it's unstable and breaks if you put a block next to it.

Reactions: Iwan and Elduwin