Westeroscraft Texture Pack Megathread

uyQWVku.png
Personal suggestion: think the colored plaster could be a bit more muted (with their respective blocks). It's verry vibrant atm. and could make fitting them in different projects easier. Just a 20ish % desaturation and maybe having the noise pattern more similar to the white or brown plasters.

Last edited:

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Okay, the update's now up on the test client & server. Please give it a good look when you get a chance, and help me test some of the new additions to make sure the colors and textures look good.

Some of you might not have building perms on the test server yet; I've asked Mike to update these when he gets a chance.

The changelog is here:

-Added vivid dark sandstone engraved stone and arrow slits
-Added red fork pink sandstone/brick variants
-Added timber window frames
-Added redwyne & grafton banners
-Added valyrian stone wall
-Added dirt/gravel forest paths
-Added wood covers as custom blocks for each standard plank variant
-Added northern d&w variants (white, brown, orange brick, yellow, red, grey brick, blue, green)
-Added oak d&w variants (yellow, orange, lannisport brick)
-Added whitewashed d&w
-Added vertical d&w for all existing variants
-Added close-studding d&w for primary sets (white/brown/orange brick) + whitewashed
-Added vine-like dappled moss block
-Added cushion moss
-Added flowstone
-Added grey sandstone terrainset
-Added alt terrainsets for reach, westerlands, red mountains, dorne, stormlands
-Changed river cobble to have random CTM
-Changed pink thistle to have 2-high CTM
-Changed blue slate to be a paler, grey-ish blue
-Changed eastern island, iron island terrainsets to remove moss
-Changed reach, westerlands, dorne, river terrainsets to have better textures
-Changed jasmine vine to use vine block model (old ID still exists but is deprecated)
-Fixed new mob textures changing skull blocks

Margaery_Tyrell

The Dark Lord Sauron
Could the colors of the Redwyne banner be toned down a tad, they're bordering on technicolor. And also the material of the banner "holder" turned into black iron like the other banners as its currently wood.

2UqsQww.png

This is comparing it to other blue banners

2m44YKh.png

And this is comparing them to blue wool

1ne801Z.png

I think if it could match the blue wool it would be immensely useful so that it matches banners made of wool slabs at the Arbor

SeapunkPeaches

Cersei's Left Bob
Could we get the Renly banner added? Cash already made a really cute texture for it and it'd be useful for HG, the tourney and the camp.

Also, can we please get either a brown version of the ''Grey keystone'' block or at least make it brown in the mushroom island biome, like how it is in the desert biome. If we opt for the latter, the ''Stone bricks'' block should stay grey in the mushroom biome so it doesn't fuck up any nearby stone bricks. I checked all Dornish/mushroom biome builds and none of them use stone bricks (I doubt they'll be used in the future too, since the color is really dark and doesn't fit in with the sandstone/terracotta mixes).

Last edited:
Reactions: Scubooty and Ric
On the Redwyne banners:
Why is it so plain compared to the other banners? Perhaps an orle or something might help? Additionally, it looks too much like a raspberry. Why not use a more traditional heraldic grape shape (ie triangularish)? It also appears to be far grainier than the other Reach banners at least.
Renly banner:
Yes please, esp. since we are obviously after Renly's marriage. The Baratheon banners right now are used for all three claimants since obviously they havent had time to completely change out their stock, but Renly seems to be left out in the cold, only using the historical Durrandon-Baratheon one.

Arkilstorm

Dowager Countess of Grantham
Staff member
Adore it guys, really well done! Super job!

My one thought on the new double height wood framed windows (which are a game-changer!!) are they meant to have transparent areas in the corners? It looks like timber has just been stuck into the window rather than an actual frame? I think keeping the existing texture would be great, but maybe filling in the little transparent triangles with the wood texture also, so it appears like the arch is itself supported, and is supporting the load above.

Just a thought!

Attachments

• frame.jpg
    frame.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 29

_Simbaa

Printmaker
I would like to ask if we could Please re-consider adding wooden halfdoor arrow slit. I think it would be a great addition as it would allow us to make proper hoardings and encourage builders to create more wooden defensive structures & castles especially if combined with the new wooden windows. (I think cash already made a texture while back)

Elduwin

Skinchanger
Staff member
Yeah I wasn't sure how the Redwyne banner would look in game, does this look better? Grapes are a little tricky to do with the limited pixels. The lighter pole was also an attempt at an oak wood color.
View attachment 4796
Yeah new version looks great! Thanks CashBanks !
Maybe one last touch would be trying a more burgundy color, and less fuchsia/pink red. Shape is all good, and the blue is better as well.

Reactions: SseriousBusiness
Adore it guys, really well done! Super job!

My one thought on the new double height wood framed windows (which are a game-changer!!) are they meant to have transparent areas in the corners? It looks like timber has just been stuck into the window rather than an actual frame? I think keeping the existing texture would be great, but maybe filling in the little transparent triangles with the wood texture also, so it appears like the arch is itself supported, and is supporting the load above.

Just a thought!
I think it would be complicated to have those corner filled with respective materials without having a few dozen custom wooden window blocks for each wood framed block

Reactions: Scubooty

Arkilstorm

Dowager Countess of Grantham
Staff member
I think it would be complicated to have those corner filled with respective materials without having a few dozen custom wooden window blocks for each wood framed block

I meant filled in with their corresponding wood texture, not the daub/plaster beneath. So that they looked like carved corners, rather than holes. Realistically there wouldn't be plaster or daub in those gaps anyway.. they'd most likely be solid triangular pieces of wood carved and fitted to the rectangular frame.