Westeroscraft Texture Pack Megathread

Adorkabley

Royal Messenger
Pronouns
she/her
I still think we seriously need shaved bark or shaved bark log fences. I think things under construction would look much better with those as it would be unrealistic for them to still have the bark on them which once they dry out would split the wood and hte micro bugs that live in them would make them begin to rot.

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
It would outdate practically all construction sites but if it was very obviously raw wood, it would be brilliant for the immersion of the server. Proper axe marks!!

Reactions: Elduwin

EStoop

Knight of Fairmarket
They are Ive checked, however there are the unused vanilla acacia and dark oak fences that are currently designated DO NOT USE and could be retextured instead of adding in an entirely new block
I suggest to change the existing ones, since horizontal planks make no sense for vertical poles which make up the majority of the block (and uses)

Thamus_Knoward

Shadowbinder
I suggest to change the existing ones, since horizontal planks make no sense for vertical poles which make up the majority of the block (and uses)
Sounds reasonable to me. Fences in vanilla MC 1.0 lazily re-used the vanilla wood texture. The creator of Dokucraft did not think to change that behaviour and so about 8 years later, here we are, still doing it that way.

It's a long-overdue fix in my eyes, and one that I'm happy to commit to.

While I'm at it, should I overhaul the fences with vines and leaves on em too? Not promising anything but it may be possible to use the most recent Optifine Overlay magic to give these biome dependent colors like the leaf blocks at the very least.

Also how about some new fence block models?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uy4zpnuZmY @2:40 and more at @12:00

Last edited: