WesterosCraft Project Tracking Spreadsheet

geeberry

Alchemist
Staff member
Admin
Hey WesterosCraft! Hope your summer is off to a good start. Announcing the new WesterosCraft Project Tracking Spreadsheet

This is the first of a few upcoming changes and improvements this summer around project management and process. As I've started taking my role as founder and "project manager" a bit more seriously, I felt it was pretty hard to get a grasp on the overall state of WesterosCraft - the previous sheet was neglected as well as our wiki on the website even though that information is valuable (my fault on both tbh). Whats currently in progress? Whats abandoned? Whats been approved or not? Whats available to build? It was really hard finding out those answers searching across forums, Discord, in game chat and more, so I imagined it was hard for Builders on the server to find those answers too. Thats a big problem for a project as ambitious as ours.

So I thought of a new way to manage our project in a new Project Tracking spreadsheet that merges both the old project tracking sheet and some information from the wiki. You can see the beta version of it here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sOtwUZZW2ct1vQ-dAhQXdiwZ4U9TGg-T-CSQv-6vgWE/edit?usp=sharing This creates a giant project database for the project, including past projects. I ultimately imagine it not just as the source of truth for WesterosCraft builds, but a place builders can reference constantly to get information on how the project is currently operating, what's on the roadmap, handy tips/etc. You might wanna bookmark it, I will get it linked on the website as well.I need the communities help with updating the spreadsheet! I spent a lot of time getting it to its current state, but its undoubtably missing a ton of information that I cant really gather on my own. The goal is to get the sheet to match the current status of every project on the server, and this is where I need the communities help. There are many features and additions on the sheet, but I hope there's enough there to give some sense of how handy and integral this spreadsheet will help going forward on the project. There are too many features and things about it to describe here, so I've created a discussion thread on Discord in the #projects channel where I will explain features, brainstorm ideas together, gather contributions and answer questions. If you wish to contribute, please check out that thread!

Thanks all, expect more announcements throughout this summer

Special shout out to DutchGuard and otty , who without their continued past efforts on the wiki and project sheet respectively, a lot of the info I currently have on the sheet may have been lost. much respect

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
On a quick run through of the Crownlands sheet Dargood, Darke, Leek and Darkwood are all part of the Duskendale project which I don't think has been post approved yet.

Briarwhite is started but abandoned, the area its in has many other POIs from Yoren's band's path north and Briarwhite is where they get forced to pay for corn they steal (must be sweetcorn, cos there's no point stealing whole wheat if they're trying to move quick). There's better description in the book but I haven't got time to quote it now. I'm not sure which project it'd actually be under.

Celtigar of Claw Isle looks complete, rather than abandoned as its currently listed on the sheet.

Northern Houses
Holt (in the North) was completed as part of WH. Hornwood of Hornwood is a completed project north of the WH sprawl.

Condon was getting some updates from Endymion a while ago I thought but the project is not finished. Really cool stuff if you warp there though to condonhf1 or mourne.

Lightfoot is in progress with WalrusBehindYou leading it. https://forum.westeroscraft.com/threads/house-lightfoot-walrus.3750/

There is no Ironrath on our server as far as I'm aware. Its a location in the Telltale series which iirc the agreement in regards to canon from that was that Book > Show [> Telltale]. However, House Forrester of the North does exist and they're a wolfswood house/clan that are vassals to Glover of Deepwood Motte. Forresters are a small clan of Northmen and guide Stannis's army through the wolfswood towards Winterfell. The Ironrath Forresters, however, have a significant castle in the Wolfswood (much larger and wealthier than what DWM is described as in the books) and relationships with Tyrells (one of the daughters is a lady in waiting to Margaery) which doesn't scream backwards forest clan like the Liddles, Norreys and co.

I thought Wull was completed. I thought it was post approved back in 2019? Cash is the builder, fixing up a previously cursed project.

Reach Houses

Vyrwel of Darkdell isn't on the list. probably a Size M project
Blackcrown is listed twice. Both inside and outside of the OT server build section.
Norridge is listed twice. Once as Whitegrove (house Norridge) and another time as just Norridge
Bandallon is completed, same with Hammerhal, Bitterbridge

Norcross is now the old The Ring

Last edited:

Uthormadman424

Poet
Pronouns
he/him
Briarwhite is started but abandoned, the area its in has many other POIs from Yoren's band's path north and Briarwhite is where they get forced to pay for corn they steal (must be sweetcorn, cos there's no point stealing whole wheat if they're trying to move quick). There's better description in the book but I haven't got time to quote it now. I'm not sure which project it'd actually be under.
Briarwhite and Sows Horn are in the same project based on borders, either could divide them up or mark both as abandoned since sows horn is apart of the lower gods eye Lorch and Arya story. Ric might have an opinion on it

Uthormadman424

Poet
Pronouns
he/him
Found three things in Crownlands as well:

Hogg is listed as the house of landed knights, whose seat is Sows Horn. (Wiki). I think you can absorb Hogg as a project into Sows Horn

Rambton is apart of Stan's Foster of Sweetport Sound afaik. Not completely sure on this one but i thought this was the case. https://forum.westeroscraft.com/threads/sweetport-sound-foster-by-stanateethemanatee.2529/

Hollard is listed as not started, but I believe it is completed (directly north of Duskendale on Map)

Edit: Cargyll is also complete, although the only thing I could find about it was from the 2017 rookery forum post: https://forum.westeroscraft.com/threads/the-rookery-july-2017-edition.22/#post-33.

Last edited:
Reactions: Finn01

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Eastwatch is completed (pending the changes that the Wall update would bring, same with the other castles)

Rimegate and the Gift are also in progress as part of the nightfort server build.
- Rimegate's about 60% done, just need to finish exterior block mix and interior details.

- The Gift could be almost be considered done depending on our expectations for it. There's still a bunch of default worldpainter terrain around that could be improved and there's scope to add a few more small hamlets, but I don't think there's any major canon locations missing from it.

geeberry

Alchemist
Staff member
Admin
Eastwatch is completed (pending the changes that the Wall update would bring, same with the other castles)

Rimegate and the Gift are also in progress as part of the nightfort server build.
- Rimegate's about 60% done, just need to finish exterior block mix and interior details.

- The Gift could be almost be considered done depending on our expectations for it. There's still a bunch of default worldpainter terrain around that could be improved and there's scope to add a few more small hamlets, but I don't think there's any major canon locations missing from it.
updated! would you say the Wall castles are up to date on the sheet now? at least their statuses

Reactions: Finn01