NIghtfort Server Build - Gift Settlements

Finn01

Envoy
No no, that's not what I mean. I like the ivy! It's good and adds contrast! I'm trying to build on Wursti's post and generally bringing more vegetation to the landscape is good. Helps break up the black and white monotone. working in that for two long hurts the eyes *cries in Norrey*

The more terra bit was a little bit of a note that the surrounds might need some love and care to properly place greenery.
Ah yeah, I can easy do that.

Will probs put in a hazel copse that has overgrown and been left to grow wild. That could be a nice thing.

• Love
Reactions: AerioOndos

Finn01

Envoy
Hello again,

Applying for another New Gift holdfast at these coordinates:

x - 3783
y - 74 (4)
z - -14984

This is a larger tower than gifthf1, probably because it guards part of the Kingsroad. Formerly Umber held. The test is on my plot.

gifthf2.png

My location on the map above is where it sits, east of giftham4 and north-west of gifthf1.

Attachments

• 2024-01-29_20.55.52.png
    2024-01-29_20.55.52.png
    4.7 MB · Views: 30
  • 2024-01-29_20.56.00.png
    2024-01-29_20.56.00.png
    4.7 MB · Views: 30

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
I think a gnarled low soldier pine might suit better than the weirwood (just a leaf/bark swap). Love the rubble layering

Reactions: Finn01

Finn01

Envoy
I think a gnarled low soldier pine might suit better than the weirwood (just a leaf/bark swap). Love the rubble layering
A twisted and wind blown pine tree at Yellowcraigs, East Lothian, Scotland  Stock Photo - Alamy

what like this?

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
Just swapping the leaves and bark of the weirwood would be enough.

Considering the migratory nature of many Umber peoples, I'd think they'd have weirwoods at a seasonal settlement site rather than the fortification. Since a summer or winter croft would be more important culturally.
That's another awesome idea for the gift area. Signs of transhumance/old umber houses abandoned generations ago. Not much more than the earthworks and rectangular shapes under light snow cover

Finn01

Envoy
Just swapping the leaves and bark of the weirwood would be enough.

Considering the migratory nature of many Umber peoples, I'd think they'd have weirwoods at a seasonal settlement site rather than the fortification. Since a summer or winter croft would be more important culturally.
That's another awesome idea for the gift area. Signs of transhumance/old umber houses abandoned generations ago. Not much more than the earthworks and rectangular shapes under light snow cover
Thanks for my next immersion project.

Reactions: Azulejo

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Hello again,

Applying for another New Gift holdfast at these coordinates:

x - 3783
y - 74 (4)
z - -14984

This is a larger tower than gifthf1, probably because it guards part of the Kingsroad. Formerly Umber held. The test is on my plot.

View attachment 18666

My location on the map above is where it sits, east of giftham4 and north-west of gifthf1.
Looks great Finn. Only note is that I've so far avoided using white cobble to represent snowy bricks (even though it does look nice), so for consistency would just swap those icy northern/dark cobble/cobblestone. Otherwise good to go!

I've setup /warp giftham6 at those co-ordinates if you'd like to paste it in.

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
I thought of them more as hoarfrosted bricks. Wouldn't it be cool to use it every once in a while?
Trying to avoid it to maintain consistency with all the other completed builds that haven't used them (and it would be a whole can of worms to try and add them across the board now). I'd rather hold off until we explore adding more icy block/snow variants in a future block update.

Finn01

Envoy
Looks great Finn. Only note is that I've so far avoided using white cobble to represent snowy bricks (even though it does look nice), so for consistency would just swap those icy northern/dark cobble/cobblestone. Otherwise good to go!

I've setup /warp giftham6 at those co-ordinates if you'd like to paste it in.
Got rid of those white cobbles, and it's pasted in at giftham6.