Nightfort Server Build - Available Projects, Mini Applications and Updates.

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Dark greetings from the Wall!

Excited to confirm that with Otty and Stanatee completing the Brew House, the last of the major locations have been structurally completed.
2022-05-18_17.24.43.png
Now begins the task of furnishing the dilapidated interiors. Yay! This is going to be a team so I've started adding plot markers to flag some easy spots to start with.

The NW will have taken everything they could carry when they abandoned the Nightfort 200 years ago, so the focus will be on rubble/cobwebs/pebbles/fallen leaves/pineneedles and other broken remains. Keep an eye out for guidance notes about the purpose of the building and let me know if any questions or ideas.

2022-05-18_17.22.28.png

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Dark greetings from the Wall!

I'm thinking it's about time to start the targeted update of the various Wall Castles to fix up outdated styles/irregularities/add new blocks.

Before launching into this fully it would be useful to get feedback on a particular block use that's been recently (ASFAIK) introduced, being the use of White Wood Planks to indicate the wooden planks have been covered in snow, see example here:

1654753131534.png

Here's an example at the Nightfort, where its use has been limited to where the wood is exposed to air and adjacent to another snow block.
2022-06-09_15.41.46.png

If there's a consensus that this is an acceptable use it can be rolled out to the other Wall castles which I think were all done before the White Wood blocks were added, see example at Castle Black
2022-06-09_15.45.36.png

Gimme your thoughts.

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
I like the white as long as it doesn't get used for a fast transition from snow to spruce. for instance snow->white wood->spruce/northern. I'd rather any change like that be stretched out into snow->white->grey->north->north/spruce.
I'd rather a hoarfrost wood block was used (one that could also work for bark/logs *wink wink* as it'd mean we could make isolated Wildling cabins look as abandoned as possible without having nails visible on the texture. not to mention having fun tree details in the far north of the map .

otty

Sorcerer
Pronouns
she/her
I like the white as long as it doesn't get used for a fast transition from snow to spruce. for instance snow->white wood->spruce/northern. I'd rather any change like that be stretched out into snow->white->grey->north->north/spruce.
I'd rather a hoarfrost wood block was used (one that could also work for bark/logs *wink wink* as it'd mean we could make isolated Wildling cabins look as abandoned as possible without having nails visible on the texture. not to mention having fun tree details in the far north of the map .
This was kinda why I want a snow "moss" block to help transitions be a bit less blocky and create the clingy effect Cash has show on the first image on almost any block, since even with the best textured blocks transitions might be still be a bit stark unless we get a variety. (Not saying no to block, but that I think we might need additives to it :) to aid it)

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
I wouldn't mind adding hoarfrost wood blocks at some point. For now I think the white wood is a decent substitute, and if we get hoarfroast wood in the future it'll probably be easy to do a batch replace (is there any other use of white wood planks in the snowy North?)

A snow overlay block could also be nice, though would be of limited use in this particular case since it can't be used with stair blocks or other variants.

RavishMeRed

Printmaker
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
I am for the use of a block representing hoarfrost or a snow-covered wood texture. However, it is worth noting that I think the effect trying to be created above (to the best of my knowledge) only occurs in areas of high winds or where a blizzard has just occurred. If that works with this climate section, the project area should reflect that (ie. Snow dunes facing the direction of wind, heavier snow layers in same direction, etc.). I'm not entirely sure if an area like the Nightfort would have such conditions considering the proximity of The Wall and it being decently surrounded by forest, but that's open to discussion. I hope my feedback is useful.

Last edited:

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Dark Greetings!

Quick update to list off some minis/plots available to build at the Wall:

- Wall Castle Updates - Woodswatch, Sentinel Stand, Queensgate, Oakshield, Greyguard and Greenguard are available for update, see this thread.

- Rimegate's available to be built (considered a mini under the Server build)

- Eastwatch has an abundance of interiors to be furnished.

- Mules stables plot at Eastwatch available for building.

- Fortifications on top of the Wall at Eastwatch.

- Nightfort, if you have ideas for detailing of the tunnels/ruins feel free to test them out at /nftest

Servus, Quick update to list off some minis/plots available to build at Eastwatch

- Eastwatch has an abundance of interiors to be furnished.
- Fortifications on top of the Wall at Eastwatch.
- NEW OPEN Market Stands
- Ship Interieurs

NAME SEARCH for the new NightsWatchExplorer Ship

greetings from the Onionknight