Completed House Lonmouth by Jeff

Jeffjunior77

Printmaker
Here are some Inspiration for my Tera but i want to make it a little bit more Green like little Bushes, plants and random trees (small and medium).
I will make the Tera sometimes flat but add smaller Hills with Rocks onit like the First Picture.
Also the most trees are Needle trees like pines.
I start Testing the Mountain stream but i think i have to get more inspiration for that bc i never rlly work with Wet Pebble.
Also i wanna add Little Bridges on my Path over Cliffs and over the Stream.
The stream end in a Small Lake.

I post my updatetd App soon but i am rlly bussy right now so i have to find time.

Jeff :)

Attachments

• 78935708-steppe-kleine-felsen-von-gelbem-stein-mit-grünem-gras-auf-ihnen.jpg
    78935708-steppe-kleine-felsen-von-gelbem-stein-mit-grünem-gras-auf-ihnen.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 17
  • LRT_91U0_Noerdl_Oberrhein_Sandhausen_M_Waitzmann_P1030797_web.JPG.jpg
    LRT_91U0_Noerdl_Oberrhein_Sandhausen_M_Waitzmann_P1030797_web.JPG.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 15
  • images.jpg
    images.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 1871272.jpg
    1871272.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 15
  • Download (1).jpg
    Download (1).jpg
    11 KB · Views: 16
  • Download.jpg
    Download.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 17

Jeffjunior77

Printmaker
Here are some Inspiration Pictures for my Hamlet.
I plan to Build a Big Main Street with some Mid Class Houses.
I rlly like the Village in Orme so i take so inspirtaion from there too.
I try so make a Lake next to it.
The Stream will end up in the lake.

Attachments

• wyndebrook_by_svenart_d117lp0-350t.jpg
    wyndebrook_by_svenart_d117lp0-350t.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 27
  • 8ceccqai3sn21.jpg
    8ceccqai3sn21.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 27
Reactions: bwod_30

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
A cool main street! hell yeah!
This makes me think though. Are you sure you don't want to do a bit of mountain terra and re-orient the valley its in to the south/south east, so that it connects with the Slayne River valley? The Slayne is part of the Red Watch and is a major river route for the Stormlands. Having a greater possibility for trading the wares, rather than just mining, would produce the prosperity needed to allow for middle class houses.
It also would make a bit more sense for a drainage. snowmelt would go into the river rather than forming pools up in the mountains.
I've tried to do a little bit of a sketch, which essentially just suggests making the highland pass to Summerhall at the northern end, then having whatever you want below that, sloping downwards the further south or east you go (two valley exit options I sketched in red). I thought you'd like to keep the mountains between the Slayne and current Sweet itself so I didn't cover them up.
Apologies for the shitty tracpad effort. I still am in illustrator withdrawal and am broke. :(
Also, I was not able to upload either the original image, or the snip of it I took, or the lower resolution versions that I made because the server didn't like uploading them. That is why you can see such terrible practice as taking a photograph of the screen.

image0.jpg

Jeffjunior77

Printmaker
I would love to open the Vale but i dont know that I am allowed to bc the Border ends on the Mountains!
But maybe its just bc i am new and i dont know that i can move Borders
Would be nice if i could make a Little Habor Village that has maybe a small HF. Like a Knight Protecting the Village.

But i have to say That i can Tera Form but not in a Big Way that i could redo The big mountains on the Dornish March maybe i ned help from a Editor.
That the Streams end in the River is rlly nice i also Thoght about to add a floodgate in the Stream that the Farmers have more Water for there Fields.
Yes i want to keep the idea of a Vale so two Vale Exits should be fine.
And the Mountains Path to Summerhall is a good idea i was planned one anyway

My Castle is near Finish so i can Focus on the Tera I am testing in the Moment Some Bigger Rock Formations like i post Before.

About the South Vale Exit we have to be careful bc there is somewere swannsrost.

But i rlly Love ur Idea but i dont know if i can Decide to expand the Border of Sweet. Maybe a Mod can Answer!

Thy Aerio fo this very nice Idea i will definitely implement ur Idea!

Last edited:
Reactions: Flip90

Jeffjunior77

Printmaker
A Mistake from me!

Aino told me that i dont should use wood bc the Dornish March dont have big Forests!
I use Timber now and its far Better.

Jeff

Attachments

• 2021-06-02_22.08.26.png
    2021-06-02_22.08.26.png
    759.2 KB · Views: 22
  • 2021-06-02_22.12.33.png
    2021-06-02_22.12.33.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 21

Margaery_Tyrell

The Dark Lord Sauron
I think you should also work a bit on the stormlands stone pallete a bit as well, and perhaps look up examples of vernacular architecture from real life, at the moment it all feels rather uninspired and could improve with a little more thought into it.

• Haha
Reactions: Adorkabley and Aino

Jakethesnake8_8

Firemage
Pronouns
he/him
I agree with Marge, right now it looks like the reach/crownlands style just with a stormlands palette for the stone. I'd 100% work on developing a more unique style.

Reactions: Aino

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
However the issue with building style isn't so much that any individual builder is at fault but moreso that the Stormlands doesn't really have a standout building style other than gradient. Especially when it comes to the Dornish Marches.
Again its an issue with Stormlands style. There is no concrete regional style due to the split between three distinct areas: Dornish Marches, Cape Wrath and Kingswood/North of Storms End. The current finished projects in the Marches, except Summerhall, were significantly affected when new canon came out that the area is meant to be grassland, as well as a defined ending point to the Red Mountains in text which differs from pretty much every map made before it.

Now, onto actually doing something rather than just me whining. I'm willing to help do some tests for Marcher building styles. In the western Marches, Starpike is the most recent complete project. It features denser defensive settlements with tight defendable entrances.

My recommendation is to look at some of the stone buildings of the midi-Pyrenees like those in Saint-Cirq-Lapopie and Belcastel for their use of darker stone, Saint-Antonin-Noble-Val for its use of brick infill in daub. I'm mostly suggesting this area of the world as inspiration because of its a border region with the closest thing to Dorne to the south.

Jeffjunior77

Printmaker
The Problem was That the nearby projects (gallowsgrey/ stoneshelm) are a Bit Older so i dont think That i should take a big Inspiration from it.
But i agree with u guys some houses are look like reach/crown lands style.
I think the houses with the stormlands side walls are fine.

Aerio would be nice if u can test some dornish March house tests I would help u with pleasure because the storm lands are my favorite place.
I will check Starpike out ty.

Margaery_Tyrell

The Dark Lord Sauron
The Problem was That the nearby projects (gallowsgrey/ stoneshelm) are a Bit Older so i dont think That i should take a big Inspiration from it.
But i agree with u guys some houses are look like reach/crown lands style.
I think the houses with the stormlands side walls are fine.

Aerio would be nice if u can test some dornish March house tests I would help u with pleasure because the storm lands are my favorite place.
I will check Starpike out ty.

If the projects are *too* old you *can* try to deviate a bit away from them, you don't have to do a 1:1 insp from them. Take a look around some countries with architecture in mountainous areas, or areas with materials that sound like they match the Stormlands. Look around Austria, Romania, Czech Republic, Germany etc. for stuff that looks cool and sets Sweet apart from other areas.

Make your project unique to itself and harmonious to the Stormlands.

Jeffjunior77

Printmaker
New House Tests /warp jeff
Marked with Green wool.

Here some Inspiration Pictures:

Attachments

• house3.jpg1CFFEAC3-C7A2-4B2D-8382-0E46CCCCEE8DLarge.jpg
    house3.jpg1CFFEAC3-C7A2-4B2D-8382-0E46CCCCEE8DLarge.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 7
  • Stormlands house.jpg
    Stormlands house.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 7